Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Volume Mascara—New!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
Was wondering if anyone has had a chance to try this yet? EDS has it in Aubergine, Black and Golden Green.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-volume-mascar-p_7376.htm

TIA!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I'd be very interested to hear too. I fancy both the aubergine and the green.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Ooh, I can't wait to try this! I'll have to give my credit card a rest for the remainder of July so it'll be awhile before I can.... Hope to hear reviews soon!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered my first tube with my gift certificate, so I'll post my review here as soon as it arrives! I use the regular Dr. H mascara every day so it'll be easy for me to review any differences. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
havana8

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
yaaaaahhh! I can't wait to hear what you think of it.... Smile
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Great news! Very Happy will be try !
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Yup, good news. I am finding a good Mascara. Many Dr Hauschka's products are great. Satisfactory guarantee. Hope to hear reviews soon!
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
I just got this in black. I love it! I prefer it to the other Dr H mascara that I have used.
It seems to have more alcohol or something in it though, because when I put it on, my eye balls sting for just a second, but then it is fine. They don't water or anything. I don't consider this a problem, just an observation.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
I just got this in black. I love it! I prefer it to the other Dr H mascara that I have used.
It seems to have more alcohol or something in it though, because when I put it on, my eye balls sting for just a second, but then it is fine. They don't water or anything. I don't consider this a problem, just an observation.

Can you notice alot more difference in the volume of your lashes, compared to the regular mascara? And does it wash off as easily? TIA
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes more volume than the regular Dr H mascara. It is a bit harder to wash off, but it would probably be easy with eye make-up remover.
I just use my cream cleanser to cleanse and remove make-up.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've been waiting for this! I'm glad to hear that it is more volume-producing than the regular Dr. H mascara. I can't wait to try it.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda, does it flake off at all during the day?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Is it as kind to your lashes as the other Dr H one? I'm hoping it'll still be nice and gentle.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh, Lucinda, you beat me to it! Mine still hasn't arrived yet. I'm freaked out to hear of the sting phenomenon, as I have very sensitive eyes, but I'm excited for more voluminous lashes. I'll post when mine comes and weigh in on both factors - I hope it's gentle enough for me! Embarassed

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:22 am      Reply with quote
How exciting! Do you find it lengthens well, too?
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
It does lengthen. It is really great.

It was sooo hot here in NYC today, and it did "flake" off a little... It was probably due to the humidity... It may have just melted a little. I really think it would have happened with any mascara though... Maybe not water proof?...

I definitely need to start using eye make-up remover to remove this though. It won't come off with just a cream cleanser.

I wouldn't worry about the stinging bit too much. I don't really notice it.

HTH.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
Is it as kind to your lashes as the other Dr H one? I'm hoping it'll still be nice and gentle.

Yes I think so... It's only been a few days, but I'm pretty sure it is fine.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Darn it. Laughing I saw this in the shop today, but wanted to find a review before shopping. I was hoping everyone would say it is a crappy mascara... I need to save money! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
My sister says this mascara (black) is brilliant but she never used the regular one so can't compare it to that. It thickens and defines and separates eyelashes perfectly but they still look natural. It is fast-drying and holds a curl well. At the end of a rather hot day she said there were no smudges or flakes and it is easy to remove with regular eye make-up cleanser.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:43 am      Reply with quote
OOOhhh..Stay still my heart. I want the aubergine one soooo badly! I am addicted to purple mascaras - they work really well with my brown eyes and dark coloration. I love the blue Dr. H one though it;s kinda almost black on me. Now, an aubergine one that is voluminizing.... Me, like....
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
Darn it. Laughing I saw this in the shop today, but wanted to find a review before shopping. I was hoping everyone would say it is a crappy mascara... I need to save money! Laughing

Hehe, sadly Schnee, your wish may come true! I just got my EDS order with this in it last night, so this morning was my first trial for this mascara - and it really didn't impress me! Sad I was expecting at least a minor improvement over the normal Dr. Hauschka formula, but this actually seemed to give LESS volume and more separation and fewer clumps - kind of like the Lavera mascara, for me. I don't know why - it almost seems like it's the brush more than the formulation - but I normally only apply one coat of Dr. Hauschka's regular formula, and this time I applied two of the volume, and it still looked like less than my normal one coat.

But I didn't experience any stinging at all, which is great because I have really sensitive eyes and I often sting quite a bit putting on mascara.

I just tried running to the restroom at work to stealthily apply a touch-up coat, to see if there's any difference over time, and it did definitely seem like this formulation "hardened" more than the old one, and it was therefore a bit more substantial to "build" on with multiple coats. Maybe I just didn't let it dry long enough this morning. So I guess with one coat, this doesn't seem more volumizing, but with multiple coats to "build", I can see where it makes a difference.

Another thing I noticed: I have very long lashes, and often I will get little stripes of mascara on my eyelids and brow bone if I blink while it's still wet. When that happened with this one, it was much harder to remove the deposits - I see what Lucinda means about it being harder to get off! I just hope it comes off with my normal Burt's Bees or OCM cleansing method, as I hate using a separate makeup remover.

I've only had this on a few hours, hehe, but I just couldn't resist posting about it right away since I've been waiting for it to come out for so long. I'll update as to how well it wears on me and how easy it is to remove - I'm sure I'll be re-applying again before tonight, as it's my anniversary with my SO and I will want to touch up before we go out! I'll let y'all know how it goes!

Just curious, Lucinda - did you notice major volume improvements with just one coat, or did you have to build layers to get the volume effect?

Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the review....I am still tempted sand luckily it is waaaay cheaper here in Switzerland. Laughing

Anyway, I am curious about smuding/flaking as that is my hate thing about mascaras. And how is the colour on? When I looked at it it did look rather muted and brownish aubergine, not to bright. Will that colour work with a blond and superpale colouring like mine?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I am SO jealous it's cheaper for you! Hauschka is such a splurge for me, and I only recently decided it was worth it to buy expensive mascara and whatnot for my super-sensitive eyes.

As for your questions about color, I'm not sure if I can help, because like Lucinda I just buy black. But I do think it's much longer-wearing than most colors - I just did a sort of allergies-eye-rub just to test it out, haha. It flaked a little bit, as I think any natural mascara would, but it doesn't seem to be as prone to the oily-smudge-under-eye look that the regular formula does - this stuff definitely has better staying power, as I said before it's sort of a "harder" formula, and it seems longer-lasting - hasn't faded on me at all yet, and usually it starts to wear off by now.

Hope this helps anyone thinking about buying this! I'll be curious to see reviews of people who try the colored versions - I haven't worn colored mascara ever, but I'm curious to start trying a blue or aqua one, maybe!

Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Oh, I am SO jealous it's cheaper for you! Hauschka is such a splurge for me, and I only recently decided it was worth it to buy expensive mascara and whatnot for my super-sensitive eyes.

Well, I still think that 29 chf (ca 24 usd) for a mascara is rather much. I normally use a cheap from Rimmel since I rarly find expensive mascaras worth it. Sadly, Rimmel have no colour mascaras (that I know of), and I would love to try some.

My eyes have a funny colour, they are blueish with a bright yellow ring around the iris so I can play up the blue with brown tones, but plums really make my eyes look green hence the lust for a aubergine mascara. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
That's so funny - my eyes are greyish-blue with a little bit of brown flecks in them, but if I ever use anything plum or purple, it makes my iris look greener, but that always makes my whites look redder and bloodshot in contrast! So unless I want to look like I'm whacked out on some sort of chemical or alcohol trip, I have to avoid the aubergine. Smile It's funny how people with seemingly similar complexions can look SO different in the exact same thing!

If you have trouble getting colored mascara, and you don't mind cheap drugstore brands, I'd be happy to keep my eye out over here. I think the US stocks more "adventurous" inexpensive lines, at least in my experience, so if I stumble upon something cheap and purpley it'd be no trouble to pass it along for you to experiment with. Smile For example, there's this, in the color "Purplex":

http://www.janecosmetics.com/productDetail.asp?productID=43

System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |