Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Is Dermalogica good?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi I have heard a lot about the dermalogica range and I am tempted to buy the whole set. Is there anything I should steer clear of? I have combination skin.

Many thanks Smile
Mabsy

Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Whole set!? What exactly do you mean by whole set?

Dermalogica has many good products. But, as with any brand, you need to pick ones that are suitable for your skin type. The dermalogica range is quite broad and it caters for many different skin types.

What are you after specifically?
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 4:36 am      Reply with quote
Ha ha you made me laugh Laughing

Should have been more specific! Well I was thinking of going to get a facial and try all the products recommended to me. Do you think thats a good idea or just pick a few things?
Mabsy

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:21 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I had visions of you getting every single possible mask, cleanser, etc that may be suitable for combo skin.

I think if you go to have a facial then they will probably suggest specific products to you. You could go to a Dermalogica salon and request (and by that I mean "ask super nicely" Smile) some samples. Some of the things I would recommend are the Microfoliant (definitely!), Medicated Clearing Gel (if you ever get any breakouts), Dermal Clay Cleanser (if you love the minty fresh feeling - this might be too drying to use daily though), Vitamin Power Recovery Mask and the Oil Control Lotion (if you tend to get oily in places). I would also recommend the Sheer Tint Moisture SPF15 moisturiser if you are looking for a tinted one.

Hope that helps a bit more than my previous post Laughing
Mabsy
Mabsy

Tue Jul 27, 2004 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to mention the Stress Relief Oil. It's not for the face but it's great for the body or under body moisturiser, or as a bath oil. Really like this one Very Happy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Most of the time, you can also buy small skincare kits from Dermalogica geared towards different skin types. In that way, you can test out whether Dermalogica is something for you, without breaking the bank Very Happy

It is possible that Essentialdayspa also sells these tester kits.
Epi D

Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:45 am      Reply with quote
Littlebo,

I read your concern for Dermalogica. You may want to consider these following products:
Anti-Bac Wash, definately the Daily Microexfoliant, Multi Active Toner, Medicated Clearing Gel for the occasional blemish (where are they located?), if it's the chin area than you know you got the lovely hormonal breakouts! For moisture check out the Active Moist. Dermalogica does Face Mapping so you may want to check out what spa's in your town carry the line and if they are trained in Face Mapping.
Good Luck! Very Happy

-Epi D
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 27, 2004 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica is the stuff to get, i've been using it for about 5 years and love it. Total eye care is the best thing .. i think.. you have to try it out. Very Happy
Mabsy

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hey, great idea Nemi! I think they actually do make a kit for combo skin! Idea
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone you are all so helpful!

What is this skin mapping thing? has anyone tried it? Do they just have a look at your skin or do they give it a good scrub too Wink

I heard that you have buy two sets of skincare for combination skin. Do you think thats right or do you think they just want more money out of you Laughing
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
Of course this is a good skincare line. In fact, it is one of the professional lines that we sell in the spa, and that our aestheticians use on clients Exclamation Many people like this line, because is neutral scented, offers basic, sensible skincare, but that adjustments can be made to their moisturizer of choice simply by adding appropriate boosters. Dancing
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'd definitely recommend dermalogica as a good starting point. it is really flexible, meaning that you can add in anything you like, and as casper's mum says you can add boosters to the moisturisers which means you have loads of products all in one! very clever!
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
I LOVE this line, it has really helped my skin and I definitely think the key thing is to work with a therapist.

Personally, I don't think it's a basic line, just because it isn't pink, loaded with fake fragrance and in a fancy pot, doesn't mean it isn't sophisticated.
Sweet Pea
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
One of my favs is their body lotion. Very moisturizing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Laughing I had visions of you getting every single possible mask, cleanser, etc that may be suitable for combo skin.

I think if you go to have a facial then they will probably suggest specific products to you. You could go to a Dermalogica salon and request (and by that I mean "ask super nicely" Smile) some samples. Some of the things I would recommend are the Microfoliant (definitely!), Medicated Clearing Gel (if you ever get any breakouts), Dermal Clay Cleanser (if you love the minty fresh feeling - this might be too drying to use daily though), Vitamin Power Recovery Mask and the Oil Control Lotion (if you tend to get oily in places). I would also recommend the Sheer Tint Moisture SPF15 moisturiser if you are looking for a tinted one.

Hope that helps a bit more than my previous post Laughing
Mabsy

Mabsy: Can I still use multi vita power recovery mask if I have dry skin?
Mabsy

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:30 am      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Can I still use multi vita power recovery mask if I have dry skin?

Yes, I haven't found it to be drying in any way shape or form. It's a very good mask. although it does look scary when it's on (yellow).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:58 am      Reply with quote
skinprofusion wrote:
Dermalogica is the stuff to get, i've been using it for about 5 years and love it. Total eye care is the best thing .. i think.. you have to try it out. Very Happy

Hello skinprofusion,

I wondered if I could ask you a question about the total eye care? I bought it last week and have been using it for almost a week now, applying it every day in the morning. I bought it mainly because it has SPF and because I heard good reports about Dermalogica. I found it ok to apply, if I just pat the eye area gently it will sink in. It's also quite good as a concealor because it instantly illuminates the area. It makes a lot of claims for itself such as helping reduce the appearance of puffiness and fine lines. I don't suffer from puffiness but I do have some fine lines.So far it hasn't done anything at all for them, except concealing them. I also find that at the end of the day, it seems to be caking up a little. Sad Have you noticed any long term benefits from using this product? Also, I don't feel that it is moisturising the area enough. Does anyone know whether it would be ok to use it with other more hydrating products?

TIA Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:36 am      Reply with quote
I would be suprised to come accross anyone who has noticed an eye cream having made a massive amount of difference

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Multivitamin masque, have re-ordered it a few times.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have used a couple dermalogica products that I still love...

1. Intensive Eye Repair
2. Smoothing cream (face when its really dry and eyes.)
3. Toner...I keep at my desk in the winter...its a good refresher.

I also like the special cleansing gel but have found drugstore cleansers that I like better and they are not as expensinve. I would suggest buying one of the kits to try them out first.
tinakiss
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been going through some dermalogica samples slowly and I have to say that my skin is beginning to really love the Active Moist. I have normal/combination skin so I thought this might be a bit too heavy but actually, it just looks a little shiny when I put it on but sinks in within a minute and my make up goes well over it. I think it's really helping improve the texture of my skin too. And I think its hydrating qualities are good because my skin feels nice and soft all day. So I'm quite happy with it and I'm usually difficult to please. I'm definitely buying a full size of this. Laughing

5% products discount

Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
Personal I don't like it. I tried the set of brighten system(night+day), also a lot of samples. Didn't work out for me. It's better you try some samples first.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Dermalogica is a line I go back to if I have problems with other lines, much like a best friend when other people let you down Laughing . I have highly reactive oily skin and I have stayed with Dermalogica (I used to use the whole 'set' as you would call it - makeup remover, cleanser, toner, moisturiser, mask, booster etc etc) for about 6 years. Since joining this forum I've tried many (many many many) other new things from other brands but whenever I get a reaction I trust Dermalogica to get my skin back in check. So yes it is a good brand.

HTH! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |