Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Review: Pout Radiant Finish Oil-Free Foundation
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample from sephora after one of the makeup consultants tested a few foundations on my face.
I haven't used liquid foundations in years since I always found it too heavy and makeupy that didn't look good after my face oilies mixed in by mid-afternoon.

Since I've been experiencing some major breakouts, which are now starting to die down, I'm left with dark red blotches all along my cheeks and jawline and my MAC wasn't doing enough and I've been taking a break from my MMU samples until I figure out if they're breaking me out.

I was originally looking for a concealer, but she told me that there weren't any oil-free concealers and being acne prone, that a heavy concealer wouldn't be a great idea with my oily skin. Instead she suggested using an oil-free foundation.

The Makeup forever's velvet matte, or something like that, had great coverage and did dry to a matte finish (great for my oily skin) but it felt like foundation was on.

Then she told me what she had worn for her wedding since she disliked liquid foundations in general as well. She showed me the pout line. I liked their lip glosses because they don't have the sticky factor so I was up to having her test. The only drawback is that their colour selection is pretty limited, so I was lucky enough to find a match (#02 light with my summer tan- MAC NC25 or C3)
To my surprise I couldn't even tell where she had put it because it blended so well. I'm asian but have some rosiness, so finding a foundation that matches is often a challenge. And it totally covered the blotchiness which were nearly the colour of scabs. From close you can tell that I still have them, but from an arm's length and in pictures my face looks flawless which is amazing for me! It doesn't feel cakey at all, like a light moisturizer. I tried my sample this morning, and it's like taking an eraser to your face, watching the flaws disappear!

If I ever choose to go back to liquid foundations on a daily basis, this has totally won me over! For my already long morning routine, I don't think I'll have the energy to use it on a daily basis, but for outings meeting special people or any pictures, I will certainly use it! I think I'm going to wait until my tan fades before I buy a bottle though so that I can use it during the fall/winter as well.

happy shopping!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |