Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Worried about future employment , need a little support :(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
I just graduated from law school and am planning to take the bar exam not in July but next February so I am currently looking for employment as a law clerk.

I had a fantastic interview on Sunday with the attorney saying he needed someone exactly with my skills and that he would have not hired some clerks yesterday (he needs more support at the office) if he found me earlier and that he wanted me to eventually to become an associate. He asked me to send my references and contact him by Tuesday via email. I did just that and I know the 4th of July was yesterday so things may be tied up.

However, I received an email today that worries me a bit. The email says:

Call me on Friday after 5 p.m. to discuss your application with our firm.

I am worried now, the email doesn't sound too good. I am not sure what could have gone wrong (could not have been the references), but I am wondering what everyone thinks of that?

I really don't like this transitional period of my life! Grad school loans suck and I feel so lost. I would really like to know what you all think.

Thanks Smile

Kristen

5% products discount

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm. While I wish you good luck during this stressful time, from that email I would also conclude that it doesn\'t look very good for you.

There is no shortage of jobs out there, though. I would not expect each person you interview with to want to hire you.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I missed something, but it sounds like good news to me. People don’t ask you to call unless they’re interested. Maybe he’s in court till 5?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think that sounds bad at all. If they werent interested in hiring you, they wouldn't ask you to call. Good luck, try to stay positive!!!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen, I'm not getting any bad vibes from the email he sent. He sounds like a busy attorney who won't be free to discuss this until the end of the week, it actually sounds very positive.

Now if he were to ask you to discuss this over dinner at 8 PM on a Friday night, then I'd have a different impression....

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't sweat it - just be confident when you call, and answer everything honestly and succinctly. And if it doesn't work out with this firm, know that it will SOMEWHERE - my roommate is a 2L and was SO stressed about finding a job for the summer (since the second year summer job often means a guaranteed after-law-school job in our area - then again, you probably already know that, sorry!) but she held out and wound up somewhere that's a terrific fit. It's so scary but just trust that you're worth something terrific and act like it, and you are bound to land a wonderful position! Good luck and do stay positive, it really comes off in your attitude and employers pick up on it!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
I don't feel that their is any bad vibes with that e-mail.

Too bad he hired some clerks but he did say that he still need more help.

Keep on doing your job search no matter how confident that you will get the job.

I wish you all the best! Very Happy
nadjazz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with the others, this sounds positive! It seems to me that with the holiday, he's had a busy week, and just won't have time to speak with you until Friday. Keep your cool, it will all work out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
It wouldn't have occurred to me to have bad vibes from reading that email. I really doubt he would go from discussing having you become an associate, to not giving you a job at all. Good luck and be sure to let us know how the call goes.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:35 pm      Reply with quote
Pilar, i am usually very negative about these things, but he gave me all the assurances it seemed, so the email freaked me out.

athena<-- Laughing about the dinner.

Thank you to each & everyone for all your kind words and support. I guess I just have to play the waiting game til 2morrow. I will let you all know how it goes.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen,

from my experience, they wont call u to reject you (to avoid the embarrassment). so i guess you should be fine!

wish u all the best!!!!

we are waiting for your good news!

daydreamingda
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Best of luck, Kristen. I don't agree with everyone else - don't think that email's anything to worry about. Hope you're successful!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
Sending good vibes as I;m typing
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Best of luck!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen, it doesn't sound bad at all. It sounds like a typical lawyer email - very curt and direct. I wouldn't worry about it. My bf writes that way all the time. He's a lawyer. Just be very confident and go get 'em after 5 pm today! (Don't be late.)
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, it is already tomorrow...what happen? Dancing
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:59 am      Reply with quote
Dear skincareaddicted, perhaps one of the other candidates didn't work out after all, and he wants you instead! I sensed nothing negative in the email. Best of luck to you, kudos on finishing law school.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey Kristen! I hope you're out celebrating and this is why you haven't had a chance to pop in and tell us what happened on Friday!

From my own experience, a potential employer will not ask you 'call' him or her if they're not interested in hiring you at some stage. It's so much easier and guilt-free to send you a polite rejection email instead!

I hope your call with this attorney went well. Congrats also on finishing law school!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Eek! Just checking to see if you've had any news, Kristen, and what I meant to say in my original post was that I DO agree with everyone else that it doesn't sound like bad news! Embarassed
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone!

Good news! Sorry I didn't update on Friday but he was still in court when I called after 5pm and I was kept in suspense until I called Saturday morning.

I had a second interview today then did some training which I didn't expect--especially on a Sunday!

I am really happy at the moment and am starting tommorrow officially. Thanks for all the support, you are all FANTASTIC!

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
WOOW, congrats, Kristen!!!!!!!!!

keep it up! Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Hurray, and congratulations! Very Happy
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Glad to hear it Kristen, we were all riddled with suspense waiting to hear your great news!

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
Oh I just knew you had the job in the bag - congrat's Kristen!!! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Yay! well done! I thought the email sounded ok but didn't wanna say anything and jinx ya! Very Happy

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |