Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
A decent black liquid eyeliner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone please recommend a decent black liquid eyeliner? I cannot, for the life of me, find one. So far I've tried MAC liquidlast (too difficult to correct mistakes), Dr. Hauschka (flakes off- a flaky mess around my eyes after 15 min. of wear), Chanel (flakes off)...I have tried many gel liners as well, but I prefer liquid because it doesn't smudge like the gel liners do (even the gel liners that claim they're smudge proof aren't). I'm about to go mad spending so much money testing out all these liquid liners, only to find duds! So if anyone can suggest a good one, I'd be grateful.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Lancome? I use their liquid eyeliner and it has become an absolute fav.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
displaced I am having the same problem finding a good eyeliner.

I was using MAC's cake liner with their liner brush and it was great then of course they discontinued the cake liner.

I don't love the gel liners from BB and MAC, for now I have gone back to pencil but I don't love that either!!
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Have you tried Lancome? I use their liquid eyeliner and it has become an absolute fav.

I haven't tried Lancome, but was considering it. So I'm assuming their liquid eyeliner doesn't really flake off, since you speak highly of it?
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
mishie wrote:

I was using MAC's cake liner with their liner brush and it was great then of course they discontinued the cake liner.

The found that the cake liner smudged on me. And pencil smudges on me too...liquid liner is the only eyeliner that doesn't smudge for me, but with liquid, the problem then becomes either the flaking, or it's so super lasting and waterproof that it becomes unbelievably difficult to correct mistakes (which I often make).
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Displaced, It doesn't flake off on me. Can't say what it will do for you. I like it also because it comes in a tube with a nice brush attached - ease of use and all that.

I tried Laura Mercier once (at the counter) and that stuff stayed on like iron, too. But I think it's a cake, not a liquid.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
You may want to try brush some loose powder on your eye lids first before you apply the eyeliner. If helps to prevent the smudge (from oil). It works for me, giva a try see if it works for you too.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I've wanted to try liquid liners, thanks for the info!
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Alexis52 wrote:
Displaced, It doesn't flake off on me. Can't say what it will do for you. I like it also because it comes in a tube with a nice brush attached - ease of use and all that.

I tried Laura Mercier once (at the counter) and that stuff stayed on like iron, too. But I think it's a cake, not a liquid.

Thanks for the info- I think I may try the Lancome next. It was between that or the Dior liner.

The LM cake liner smudged on me. I tried that years ago- I probably still have it somewhere in my cosmetics drawer (I'm beginning to think it's me, and not the liners...)
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Cover Girl has a new one out called Line Exact that is very good. It is a short, felt tip marker that you can line thick or thin with. I like that its not long, so fits nicely in my hand to work with. And it lasts all day, doesn't smudge a bit.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
I use BB gel someone earlier mentioned the tip of using powder underneath and that seems to help. I'd like to try something more like a felt tip pen I haven't tried the Cover Girl product.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 10:01 am      Reply with quote
MAC Fluidline!!!!
I used BB for awhile but it dried out and is hard to apply MAC Fluidline is excellent...wears extremely well and comes off much easier than BB.

LOVE IT! It's my only liquid (though more of a gel) eyeliner now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
You might want to try a liquid "pen" product. The ones I've used last a long time on the eye / are waterproof.

Cover Girl has had a liquid "pen" for a number of years. Maybelline has/had one too (if it still exists, it's hard to find). I've seen Physician's Formula came out with a few too.

For example:
Physician's Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker
http://www.physiciansformula.com/detail_list.asp?itemid=02431&scene=EYE PENCILS AND LINERS&categorid=103

And now I see a number of other options when I was in CVS this week.

For instance, Cover Girl just came out with a new one called Line Exact Liquid Liner:
http://www.covergirl.com/products/collections/exact/

Another brand I saw in a display had a blunt slanted tip -- I just can't remember the brand Question

I know that the other one Cover Girl put out lasted a long time on the eyes. And at least products sold at drugstores are relatively inexpensive to try.

Only problem, and don't know if the new products solve this is the "pen" can dry out just like markers do. Also, in the past, the color selection was very limited but it seems like it is expanding with these new products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, many many years ago someone gave me a Chanel liner. It came in a compact size with a mirror with a blue section and a black section with a brush in the center. It stays dry until you run the brush under water and put color on it. It is the best eyeliner I have ever used. It glides on for a perfect line and does not smudge once dry. It was around $40.00 but I have been using it for more than 10 yrs. and it is still good. I am not sure if Chanel still makes that but they might have something similar.
Maisie100

Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I was on the same quest and recently found a decent one (with one caveat); have you tried Wet 'n' Wild's H2O Proof liquid eyeliner? It is the longest wearing product I've ever tried and the colors are true. The only problem: the applicator is useless. Instead of using the stick-like applicator, I use one of my own tiny brushes- perfect! Hopefully WnW will change the applicator...Hope this helps. Smile
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried the the Prestige Liquid Eyeliners? They are a cheap drugstore brand, but they really are pretty decent. And since you can't beat the price, it isn't much of an investment if you don't like it. They've had good reviews on MUA too.
rosielynt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:33 am      Reply with quote
Blinc- Kiss me is the best mascara I've ever used
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I purchased Dr. Hauschka's eyeliner but it won't be a repeat purchase. If you touch, rub your eye at all it's coming off.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone here tried Sue Devitt's Microquatic™ Lash Line Enhancer? I'm sooo tempted by it! It's a liquid liner that supposedly also thickens and volumizes lashes at the root.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't use liquid liner, but my friend who does swears by the Sephora brand one that has a brush instead of a flexible sponge-tip applicator (it's very hard to tell the difference, IMO, but the staff should be able to help). She says it's much easier to apply and it lasts great.

Also, I'm a fan of the Cover Girl one I got years ago that's more like a Magic Marker than anything else - I don't know what it's called because the writing has worn off the tube, but it's seriously an ink-based thing and I bought it with the idea of using it to color in the base of my lashes where they're blonde, but I occasionally line my eyes for a big night out or something and I love the effect. Since it's an ink more than a paint, it doesn't flake as easily, and I never found it to smudge as long as you let it dry thoroughly.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Dr. Hauschka liquid eye liner for a while now, and I'm surprised to see people complaining that it flakes/rubs off. For a natural product I find that it stays on remarkably well! But I use a thin line so if you use it for a thicker line maybe that is where you run into trouble.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
My first choices are as follows;

Gel Liner: Bobbi Brown or MAC , both are water proof and don't smudge or flake, but a good application tool really help .

Liquid Eyeliner: the best is Maybelline. It's also waterproof and the texture of its felt tip is just right for easy application. Doesn't smudge or flake , long standing colour, glide on perfectly, best is it comes in a handy bottle.

I like drawing thick lines, my trick is using the gel liner to draw a thin line and to add on by the liquid liner (for the effect of the 60s make up trend).
beautydream
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Now I also wonder how to choose a perfect liquid eye liner.your information and experience are very helpful,thank you all! Smile
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
skinmelon wrote:
My first choices are as follows;

Gel Liner: Bobbi Brown or MAC , both are water proof and don't smudge or flake, but a good application tool really help .

Liquid Eyeliner: the best is Maybelline. It's also waterproof and the texture of its felt tip is just right for easy application. Doesn't smudge or flake , long standing colour, glide on perfectly, best is it comes in a handy bottle.

I like drawing thick lines, my trick is using the gel liner to draw a thin line and to add on by the liquid liner (for the effect of the 60s make up trend).

I second Maybelline! It's inexpensive, too. Also second BB and MAC Fluidline (but like Paris I prefer MAC you can use it to the last swipe of gel because it won't dry up like the BB gel) and the liquid on gel for a thick budgeproof line.

HTH! Smile
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
I can't recommend a great liquid liner, as I don't use them.

My personal rec, though, is for regular eyeshadow applied wet with a flat eyeliner brush. It'll stay put all day, and well into the next if you don't whip out the eye makeup remover.

Yes, that does make mistakes harder to fix. But a flat brush makes mistakes prety much impossible to make. You'd literally have to drag the brush up your eye to mess it up. Seriously, I still have the hardest time with liquid liners. But I've never once messed up lining with a flat brush, not even the very first time I did it.

By flat brush, I mean this:
http://www.lauramercier.com/products/tools/brushes/eyes/flat_eye_liner_brush_long/

Mine is actually Trish McEvoy, but I doubt there's much of a difference.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |