Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
REVIEW Ice Elements 2 Minute Miracle gel - not a miracle
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I purchased samples of Ice Elements 2 Minute Miracle Exfoliating Gel from their website. Very generous samples, BTW you get 2 .25 oz. jars for only $3.95; well worth the price before taking the full-size plunge.

I really like the Ice Elements concept of aloe vera and was predisposed to like it - the pink colored gel is quite lovely and when you spread this on your face, at least it's not as obvious a treatment as my gunky looking pumpkin peel or mud mask! Laughing

But this isn't a miracle product at least for me. While it left my skin feeling smooth, it was very difficult to rinse off.

The instructions tell you to wash and dry your face, then apply a quarter size amount to each check, spreading out over the rest of your face. Wait for 1 minute, rub your check until it begins to liquefy. If it doesn't start getting runny, wait another 15-45 seconds; at this point you're supposed to rub off all the dead skin and debris, then rinse off and pat dry.

Perhaps I've been doing it wrong all this time, but I never experienced the balling up effect - to be fair, however, I never experienced the balling up effect so many users of EpidermxII mentioned either, although my skin has definitely improved with daily use of EpidermxII.

Whether this lack of balling up dead skin is because I exfoliate so regularly or not, I do not know. It's quite possible those with dryer skin will benefit more from IE 2MM gel, just not I.

Ingredients:

Stabilized Aloe Vera, Butylenes Glycol, Carbomer, Clycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Hyaluronic Acid, Green Tea Extract, Burdock Root Extract, Ginseng Extract, Calendula, Benzophone 4, Propylene Glycol, Proplyparaben, Methylparaben, Diasolidnyl Urea, Cyanocobalamin

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:53 am      Reply with quote
I love the 2 MM. The key is to apply a really thin layer, wait until it liquidifies (for me, it's about 30 seconds) and rub with dry fingers.
It's best to start with the area that you applied the gel first. I got the "balling" effect with my first attempt.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Yen, I thought I had applied too much the first time I used it, then applied a much thinner layer with each subsequent use and never achieved the balling up effect.

Maybe this is an intelligence test that I failed! Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I love this product. It's one of those "feel good" things. I have no problem with the application and it balls up everytime for me. My face is smooth and glowy each time I use it, which is every morning.

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Also, shouldn't your skin be completely dry, Yen? hmm I think I had difficulties with it at first as my skin was not dry enough and I had used too thick a layer...
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
I couldn't get it balled up after a couple tries. Now I just use it as a moisturizing mask, leaving it on for about 10 minutes then mask it off. I don't think the product actually does any expoliation even if you can get the balling up effect, but its still a good mask that will leave your skin smooth and soft after.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:30 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
Also, shouldn't your skin be completely dry, Yen? hmm I think I had difficulties with it at first as my skin was not dry enough and I had used too thick a layer...

Yes, you do apply it to dry skin. If you apply too much, rub off the excess with the back of your hands (that way your hands get a treatment too).

When the gel liquidifies it gives your skin a "wet" look.

Check out this clip:
http://www.iceelements.com/index.html?view=products&CatID=2&SubID=8&sid=&cid=&tid=

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Yen, I thought I had applied too much the first time I used it, then applied a much thinner layer with each subsequent use and never achieved the balling up effect.

Maybe this is an intelligence test that I failed! Laughing

It takes a lot of practice with this gel. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
I dont find this exfoliating gel a miracle either!

I do get it to ball up but other day making my skin very smooth initially, halfway through the jar, I could find the same effect. In fact, I think it even made my acne worse...but I cant be absolutely certain

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
I like the 2MM too!

I had to practice on my hand a few times to get it right. I used to wait too long and it didn't work for me. I find about 30 seconds is enough time. Also, if the bathroom is too humid (after a shower or bath) it will not work. I hope that helps.
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
It wasn't very effective for me either. It felt nice and left my skin soft, but did nothing for exfoliation. With the cost, I would never buy the full size just because it feels "nice." I'm glad it works for many people though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:28 am      Reply with quote
2MM didn't do anything for me either. I could get it to ball up every time I used it and it did leave my skin feeling smooth. However, I feel that the smooth feeling comes from some kind of a residue that forms a film on the skin Shock , rather than from a thorough exfoliation.
I never finished the samples I received as I think this just doesn't work for my skin. I am glad it works for others, though.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I use it every once in awhile but I have to add that it also works great on the elbows. You do have to be careful not to use too much or you end up with a gooey mess.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've read the thread on webboard of ice element website. This product is very popular of this brand.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:01 am      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
I've read the thread on webboard of ice element website. This product is very popular of this brand.

Just goes to show you that what's popular may not always be effective for everyone. I really didn't see any exfoliation benefit from this, but may use up the rest of it on my hands. [Hands often benefit from skincare products that don't work for me Laughing ]

tracykim504

Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I first tried this miracle gel because it claimed that it was great for sensitive acne prone skin and had natural ingredients that addressed these issues. After a few days of trying this product out, I was so disappointed to find that the skin balling was inconsistent (one day a lot of skin balling off and the other days barely to none and a lot of flaking in between) and broke out my skin! I started reading more reviews and discovered I wasn't alone. I don't every post about my experiences but felt so compelled to share my story because I felt that I bought into a total gimmick. I should have read the ingredient list first. It lists chemicals like sodium hydroxide, aka lye which used in strong detergents and drain cleaners and a couple parabens. I am very sensitive to chemicals. Now that I have stopped using products with chemicals, alcohol and parabens, my skin has not had a break out episode. My esthetician introduced me to a great organic peel by O.R.G Skincare called organic mineral peel and i have not had an issue. Read the ingredients list before you try any new product especially if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin!!!
Tatianna Locklear

Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the 2 Minute Miracle Gel to see if what the product claimed was true. After applying the skincare cream as it specified, I could see the balling up of skin......it was not pink like the product but white to tan color so it had to be my skin exfoliating. The product did take a few times to wash off but my face was absolutely soft to the touch after removal of it. I found that it worked best for me when I started rubbing it 30 seconds after it liquidfied & my skin was completely dry when applying. And don't apply but a very thin layer of it. You absolutely cannot beat it as far as being quick & easy. Your skin feels so soft and clean. This is where I bought the gel 2minutemiraclegel.org. I love the 2 minute gel!!
tonlou27

Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi all I was promoting the 2 MMGel as I thought it was an amazing product plus natural and yes it does ball up but it is not your dead skin!
More importantly I happen to be rubbing my gel in when the phone rang i was talking away on the phone rubbing in the gel when i had finished talking i realized i had rubbed all the gel in
I had a severe headache but what really concerned me was when i looked in the mirror which i use a magnifying mirror as i cant see very well I see little silver pieces on my face!
Horrified or what. I have since had it tested Its full of heavy metal IE Aluminum,which is used in many sunscreen products plus deodorants , which i do not use. Any way I wouldn't use it or promote it. This type of aluminum is associated to Alzheimer I felt sick to think i have been using this on my face everyday plus promoting it. No more!!
SjRocks2

Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tonlou,
I am very surprised to see your post with regards to Aluminium in 2 Minute Miracle Gel... I have spoken to the lady that formulated the product and she has categorically stated there is NO aluminium in the 2 Minute Miracle Gel... Perhaps an item of your make up regime had aluminium in?

The product really is amazing, and they have tested the product that does ball up and human DNA was found...Its a smart exfoliator and only removes the dead surface cells... No harsh abrasives and all ingredients are naturally derived...
I love the product and so do my customers...
Happydays

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
OMG Tonlou27 you worried me for a minute because I've been using 2 minute miracle gel for some time now and absolutely LOVE it.

I've had the ingredients checked also and I can tell you there is NO aluminium in it, so no idea where you got that idea from? As the previous post says, you may have had make up on with aluminium in which is highly likely (that's why I don't wear the stuff) BUT it did not come from this product. Its been the top selling product on HSN for over 10 years and since using it I think I look 10 years younger! Laughing
SjRocks2

Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
tonlou27 wrote:
Hi all I was promoting the 2 MMGel as I thought it was an amazing product plus natural and yes it does ball up but it is not your dead skin!
More importantly I happen to be rubbing my gel in when the phone rang i was talking away on the phone rubbing in the gel when i had finished talking i realized i had rubbed all the gel in
I had a severe headache but what really concerned me was when i looked in the mirror which i use a magnifying mirror as i cant see very well I see little silver pieces on my face!
Horrified or what. I have since had it tested Its full of heavy metal IE Aluminum,which is used in many sunscreen products plus deodorants , which i do not use. Any way I wouldn't use it or promote it. This type of aluminum is associated to Alzheimer I felt sick to think i have been using this on my face everyday plus promoting it. No more!!
Hi Tonlou,
I am very surprised to see your post with regards to Aluminium in 2 Minute Miracle Gel... I have spoken to the lady that formulated the product and she has categorically stated there is NO aluminium in the 2 Minute Miracle Gel... Perhaps an item of your make up regime had aluminium in?

The product really is amazing, and they have tested the product that does ball up and human DNA was found...Its a smart exfoliator and only removes the dead surface cells... No harsh abrasives and all ingredients are naturally derived...
I love the product and so do my customers...
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
For the product "balling up" how is this any better than those peel off cucumber mask from Freeman and other brands that are quite natural too.
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:41 am      Reply with quote
So this is just a peeling gel? Never thought that peeling gels did any "peeling" at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I thought this stuff was terrible & threw the whole jar out after using it one time.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |