Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Major eye problem.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DantesKing
5% products discount

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
being asian and totally vain, I started using the toothpick crease method to shift my eyelids up a few millimetres. For several months it was good and I earned extra attention. ^^ However, just a few days ago I moved from Canada to the humid and hot Singapore for Holiday and since staying there my eyelid line doesn't stay and even if it does,the upper skin above my drawn line seems to droop down. I'm feeling so sad by this and I'm not even able to catch any guy's eye here and feel so totally ugly. Can you kind ladies help me?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi DantesKing, what's the toothpick crease method?
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
Is it when you want to make your eyes more "double eyelidded" like a westerner's eyes?

I read that a lot of people just use tape on them and many celebrities use them too---although some are lying and in fact has had surgery.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
yea..Can you ladies please help me out, I dun know if my skin is like droopy or not, but it appears to be as the ending of the crease line doesnt hold anymore....I'm DESPERATE! Please help..I'm like hiding at home for the past three days..

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi there and welcome Smile

Don't mean to be funny but the natural eye shape isn't really a major eye problem! I thought you had accidently poked it out or something Laughing

Have no advice to give except I am positive you are not totally ugly at all. Or even a tiny bit! I'm western and have pretty heavy lids as well unless I hoik my eyebrows up thus causing those attractive tramlines on my forhead Embarassed

If they really bother you then I would guess you need to think about surgery. I'm pretty anti surgery but it must be better than messin' about with toothpicks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing can you explain what you do for the toothpick method and why you would do this?
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Try and not let this get to you Asians have lovely eyes and the fellas are crazy not to notice you. Your race always look so much younger than your age and have lovely skin and figures try and focus on your assets of which there are many
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing

There's a thread here in EDS that's specifically about eyelid tapes:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=1335&highlight=double+eyelid+tape

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
hi there,

it's probably the humidity "plumping" up your skin--which would normally be good, but i guess..isn't in this case? anyway, you could probably try that eyelid glue stuff. i searched for it online, and came up with this name: "eye-puchi." it's the one where you smear it over your lid, then use a toothpick to help "set" the eyelid. Rolling Eyes i don't know how effective it is, but some women seem to like it, and it's not too expensive--maybe try to look for it in a local drugstore? if not, you could always buy it online.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still trying to figure out what the toothpick crease method is. Do you need to use glue? Do you put a toothpick on your eyelid? Do you leave it on overnight?
I'm confused. hmm
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
I'm confused too.

Putting a toothpick around my eye kinda freaks me out! Wouldn't want to poke out my eye or anything Shock
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
I dont think she means using an actual toothpick to poke her eyes...but something like a toothpick

Check out this video if you're confused:

http://www.koji-honpo.co.jp/makeup/movie/eye_talk_300.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
I dont think she means using an actual toothpick to poke her eyes...but something like a toothpick

Ah, it all makes sense now, thanks.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe you can try some anti-puffy eye serum from GOW or any other anti-puffy eye serum you can find. Your eyelids may be irritated, so just give them a break. Don't worry about not catching any guy's eyes in Singapore. Aren't they Chinese mostly? I'm sure they're used to seeing girls with single eyelids. Just be confident and stop hiding in the house. Confidence is very attractive. Very Happy
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
She looks so much prettier in the video without the eyelid, doncha think? At the end where they compare the results: she's so much prettier without doing the whole process. It messes up her face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
I suppose it's all about wanting what you don't have.

Personally, I think Oriental eyes are absolutely beautiful. If mine were like that, I'd be very happy indeed and wouldn't want to change them by adding a more pronounced eyelid effect.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I suppose it's all about wanting what you don't have.

That's so true.

I dont have the typical asian eyes...but I would love to have a more western look, it's easier to apply eye makeup and makes the whole face looks more awake

I also read that nearly all the Koreans and/or Japanese has had surgery on their eyes, and apparently it's a lot cheaper and common there.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

That clip made me cringe. All that poking to the eyelid for double lids. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have this trouble but I can see why asian girls into this. Double eye lids do make eyes look bigger. One of my friends actually went under the knife to get it permanently done -its not uncommon procedure in Asia. If you really want it, use tape helps too. If you use long enough (2 years) the crease will become permanent.
DantesKing
5% products discount

Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help, it kinda stay on today....I'm half asian and have small eyelids but when the skin went down they were not visible at all....I'll probably try some exercises for droopy eyelids..Any more help or advice is great welcomed and loved...you pple rock! <3

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing I am certain you are a beautiful girl, I certainly wouldn't started poking around on the eyelid or placing glue and then peeling it off. Eyelids are very sensitive and the skin is so much thinner on the lid than on your face you really should take care when dealing with the eyes.

One slip and you could harm yourself very seriously and for what, a little vanity, it's is just not worth the risk!
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing, I'm sure your eyes are beautiful! I have single eyelids (I'm Chinese) and wished in the past that I had double eyelids. But we were given what we have for a reason - I'm sure my face would look wacky if I changed my eyes to something other than what I was born with.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:

Wow, what an interesting video--- thanks for that, yeahyeah!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
She looks different with the double eyelids. I prefer her eyes with double eyelids more. But the poking looks scary.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Yes, the poking is terrifying.I would think long term usage is detrimental to the fine skin around eyes.

Dantes, if you are so desperate, Surgery is the most efficient method. It is very common in Singapore but you must find a reputable plastic surgeon to do it.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |