Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Loosening skin along jawline?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone found any successful methods for fighting against loosening skin along the jawline?

I'm noticing that the skin there for me is kind of losing its tightness and I'm getting the suggestion of jowls, particularly when I smile. These gross flaps are emerging. Anything I can do now, before it gets worse? Is this even a problem you can control?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
I have not had your problem but I thought I would let you know that a few forum members have had success with Alphaderma CE for tightening loose skin.
Here is one link and you should be able to search for others:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24591&highlight=alphaderma

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
One of my friend has the same problem as yours, she is in the beginning of her thirties, she tried some lifting serums and creams, but no big improvement, I guess maybe you need start with some lifting products, at least it could slow down to get worse.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:14 am      Reply with quote
ADCE most definately softened any fine wrinkles I had (have) but a lower facelift is the only solution for sagging jowels. But I was 50 at the time and don't think I would have ever consider this surgery any earlier.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I'm only 26. The problem, like I said, is just beginning. It's mild right now, but I can see the direction it's headed in, and I don't like it. I'm looking for preventative measures -- if any exist. It kind of sounds like none exist. Sad
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
You could do facial exercises. There is facercise and also the facial flex which would both help in tightening the area.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
I agree with charis.

At 26, this certainly isn't an age issue.
Have you recently lost weight? Sometimes weight loss can produce a bit of sagging skin even at your age.
Janis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
I have lost a little weight, yes. I do think that could be contributing.

And again, I want to emphasize that I do not yet have jowls. I've just noticed that the tight jawline I once had is gone. And when I smile I get weird ridges/folds of skin that weren't there before. The skin is simply looser, is the only way I can describe it.
toons

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
There is a great exercise that will strengthen that jawline and remove the drape. I am 58 in Oct and have no drape anywhere on my face including my eyelids. It is call Flexeffect. Between Obagi to rid me of sun damage and flexeffect exercise, no one believes my age.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Toons I am very interested to learn more about Flexeffect never heard of it
toons

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
It is on the internet and much more effective than facercise or Facial flex. Which is the difference between doing aerobics or body building. All will help but you have to remember the facial muscles are like any muscle in your body. If they are not challenged the muscle becomes smaller or weaker. With the facial exercise your muscles can build back up and lift the face. Certainly losing weight is a factor because even as we get older we lose some of what could be called baby fat or plumpness in our faces. Our skin thins out. Such as seeing dark circles. That is because of the thinning of then skin allows what is underneath to become visible. I have been very aggressive with my face and beleive me anything you do from exercise to just deep massage will help the skin.
over50

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard that copper peptides help with jowls, and I am hoping it is true!!
toons

Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Copper peptides are excellent to repair skin. Such as with sun damage, acne, etc. It is a tissue regenerator. It is much like retins A, but doesn't give you a red, itchy, flaking skin that the Retin A can while adjusting to it. Loren Pickart has a lot about it on his website. He mentions Flexeffect in his book. I would have to say with the jowl issue...depends on the cause. Do you have skin damage or is the tissue and muscles thinning.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Toons, Flexeffect looks interesting. Have you tried facercise or Facial flex? Just wondering if you have a comparison of each. If so, what do you like better about Flexeffect? Is it a lot different than Facercise? Thanks!
toons

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
Charis, I will get back to you tomorrow on that. Have to get back to work..
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Please look into Facercise. It helps. I noticed that I started to develop a bit of double chin, then I found a thread on the facerice here and I started doing it. I noticed improvement within just a week. There are small musles under the jawline and really takes little effort to tone it up. Once you get the hang of it, you can do it anytime anywhere and cost you nothing.
toons

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
Facercise and any facial exercise is better than nothing but after having tried them just about all, I have to say that Flexeffect is the most effective. It goes without saying a little is better than none. That is the difference with other facial exercises in that they don't go after all the facial muscles as extensively as flexeffect nor do they build and lift as well. As far as getting it free. I will contact Flexeffect and ask if she (Deb) would mind if I give out the exercise that works for the jawline (bottom furrow) She is a delight to talk with and very helpful. I will get back to you all tomorrow.
Have a great evening.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Toons, looking forward to more on flexeffect. Thanks in advance.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
Toons, thanks for the feedback - looking forward to hearing more! She may be persuaded if she knew that if people found the 1 exercise effective then they would be more likely to buy the program (I know I would).
Cassie

Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
The photos on the flexeffect website are really staggering!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:55 am      Reply with quote
I am a lot older then you. I can honestly say Mineral Prep, C&C and AlphaDerma CE made an big difference in my face going south after dieting. This was three years ago and I am still using the products. I also love the Facial Flex! FF is a very inexpensive exercise tool and really helps me.

I am currently dieting again Rolling Eyes Long story ... I will try to avoid sagging this time Pray . I have added Copper Peptides in my routine PM and Janson Beckett products AM. My EDS friends suggest I start taking Vit. C and MSM.

At my age I expect to sag some. You are very young. Give AphaDerma samples or one ounce a try. Exercise IMHO does help greatly. Surgery is not an option for me.

Copper Peptides are fairly new to me (3 months). I think I am liking them. You might want to consider CP's.

If you want to give your jaw a lovely illusion Lauren Hutton Face Disk is wonderful. The idea of the disk is to scult you face using makeup. After you are done applying her makeup you hardly look made up at all. Just better!! You can enhance your lovely features and make your "not favorite" features less obvious. Wink
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=3040&highlight=lauren+hutton

Take you time and gather all the information you can get.

Good luck.

Winnie

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:20 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about you ladies... But when I swim I "nod" and "breathe" a few times JUST FOR MY JAWLINE EXERCISE. So far, that area is firm. Maybe you should try this exercise???

Janis wrote:
Has anyone found any successful methods for fighting against loosening skin along the jawline?

I'm noticing that the skin there for me is kind of losing its tightness and I'm getting the suggestion of jowls, particularly when I smile. These gross flaps are emerging. Anything I can do now, before it gets worse? Is this even a problem you can control?
FlexEffect

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone

Toons has asked me to pay a visit. So... If I can answer a few questions let me know Wink

Deb
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi Deb, and welcome!

I'm over 50 and in the last year have lost 30 pounds. I still have 10 or 15 to lose.

The problem is, my neck just isn't as firm as it was before I lost the weight. You know, the skin right under my chin. Crying or Very sad
Will facial exercises help that area "look" more firm, or am I just outa luck. Surgery just isn't an option for me. It almost makes me not want to lose those last few pounds.
Thanks.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Winnie,
I've noted that you've recommended the Facial Flex on a few other threads. I've had a look at the web site and am considering trying it. Do you only use it for two minutes a day? And do you use the cream they recommend or just use your own? Any other info or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks, Carol
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |