Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What does everyone use on their hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
maggiepups
5% products discount

Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
About a year ago I started getting blonde highlights in my hair. Now a year later the cumulative effect has left me mostly blonde and with damaged hair. I'm thinking of having low lights put in to gradually take it back to my normal brown - but it's so damaged now I'm wondering if I should just dye it back all at once.

But mostly I'm also looking for advice on what everyone here is using on their hair. The list is so helpful for skin care, I figure everyone will be just as knowledgeable when it comes to hair.
Caspers Mum

Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
My hair is med. blonde, and I've let the highlights go for over three months now, and will probably get low-lights put in too. In the meantime, I'm using Redken's All-Soft shampoo & conditioner. Need to buy some C.A.T. treatment spray too, and know that their Anti-Snap is good.
SherriinCanada
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2004 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi,

I have highlighted hair as well as it is naturally curly and I flat iron it every two days. The only product I have used that totally impressed me so far is Tigi Bed Head Dumb Blonde. Also I do like the redken all soft but have had better results with tigi.

Sebastian Potion 9 is an excellent leave in treatment that I used daily as well. Regis frizz free serum helps to control my fly aways and adds a nice shine to my over processed hair.

Sherri
Mabsy

Wed Jul 28, 2004 4:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm pretty clueless when it comes to hair so I will sit quietly in the corner and watch the recommendations flow in Anxious

I am currently using Dermalogica Shampoo and Nioxin Scalp Therapy (love the minty feeling!). Ooops, that's right, I said I was going to sit QUIETLY in the corner. Done! Very Happy
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:10 am      Reply with quote
I have really thick curly hair which I straighten with some fantastic straighteners by GHB every week. I used to get real problems with split, dry ends but I started using Kerastase nutrative range and it is brilliant. No split ends. Also I don't get my hair cut very often cos i'm lazy...about every 3 months Embarassed but the Nutrative range shampoo and conditioner are great. Also my hairdresser recommended something called elixir, also by them but haven't tried it. Apparently you use it about once a month for a really deep condition.
audrey
5% products discount

Wed Jul 28, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
THe absolute best, without doubt, product line, i've ever tried is Kerastase. THe Oleo-Relax was developed by the gods for use by all good girls. my hair has never looked healthier. Expensive, but well worth it.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2004 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a natural red head but was unfortunatly born mousey brown, so I loreal 666 it 1x a month and generally that's it, tho I love dream hair shining star,

Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:19 am      Reply with quote
*phew* I saw Guapagirl answered this thread and was half expecting to read something very very different! Laughing
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I love Kerestase and Pureology. Purelology is great for keeping your colored hair from fading and smells incredible!!

Liz
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I agree Pureology is the best and it's a vegan line with no sodium lauryl sulfates. It is pricey though. I also like Natures Gate conditioner (the original brown one) Catwalk oatmeal and honey conditioner, and Lamas soy conditioner smell amazing and the latter 2 are fortified with proteins to strengthen hair.
My holy grail styling product would be Aveda Brilliantine Finishing gloss--perfect for dry chemical damaged hair. It makes hair shiny and healthy looking.
I do highlights too, but when I do blond/golden my hair gets really damaged and straw like, so then I switch to red highlights. Maggiepups, Have you ever thought of doing red so it's not as damaging with the bleach?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
*phew* I saw Guapagirl answered this thread and was half expecting to read something very very different! Laughing

I do have my serious side you know Rolling Eyes

5% products discount

Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I have thick mostly curly hair.

I use the Kerastase Elasto Curl range, which is fantastic, and also use the ARTec Moisture Pak (which is called something else now, but I can't remember what exactly Embarassed ) which is lovely, it makes my hair so soft and nice and it smells like fresh green apples.

As a leave in product I use crystalli, which is also very good.
maggiepups
5% products discount

Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...I've been offline a few days....first time checking in on my hair care topic. This is great. Everyone is so helpful...I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the beauty supply store this weekend checking out some of these suggestions. Thanks.
Belle
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2004 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
.... I LOVE KERASTASE! I have been using their products for about 8 months now, and have seen a huge difference in my hair ...first I used the green line, now the orange - sorry, I have forgotten their names.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
My hair (under the lowlights) is completely white/grey. I have been having lowlights put in for over a year now. I have discovered that it makes a difference if she does it in wider patches or in smaller ones (foiling). Last time (think she was in a hurry) she did it in wider patches and it seemed to look like it needed a touch up immediately. Next time, I will have her do much thinner patches.

I been considering just going to a straight color (some kind of blonde) instead of the lowlights or highlights because it would be a bit less expensive, but I really like the variation in color. I really need the lowlights and feel I'd look like a ghost if I let it all go grey and with my fair skin.

I use Nioxin shampoo and conditioner (also love that minty feel) and it keeps the dry patches in check; but alternate every few times with a lavender shampoo that I love

I often tell my husband that after 40, the body is just a great big maintenance problem... and expense!

JUDY

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Okay folks! - After reading the posts above, I just don't know what shampoo to use now. Although I've mentioned on another tread "Gray Hair" that I'm currently using the ARTec Kiwi Shampoo/Conditoner and the ARTec Walnut shampoo, I might just go to my Beauty shop salon and buy Kerastese and Pureology - which i might say was contemplating it before i bought ARTec last Friday!

Sooooo... I'll just hide my new shampoo so my husband will not complain why there are 4 (ARTec Kiwi, Silk Shampoo by Graham Weber, Pantene Pro V and Pert) different shampoos all being use at the same time. Rolling Eyes Shhh

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I use Pureology too and I love it! I also use Bio Silk "Silk Therapy Shine On" spray.(Farouk) It makes your hair wickedly shiny, but doesn't weigh it down at all. It's not heavy & greasy like those silicone based serums.
[/b]
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I just bought Nioxin shampoo today. I haven't used it for ages but I did love it while I was using it (gotta live that minty tingly feeling it leaves!). Not too sure why I stopped using it actually..... I'm giving my Dermalogica one to my other half (he loves it!).

Mabsy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
I began using Nioxin at the suggestion of a hairdresser years ago. She said it could help with hairloss. Since I had gone into menopause, my hair was getting thinner. Confused

Like you, I somehow quit using it, but some years later, I began having a dryness of the scalp that would flake on my shoulders. Mad Not dandruff (that's oily), but dry flakes. My current hairdresser suggested the Nioxin shampoo and the scalp therapy. She said that lots of women in this area seem to have this problem. Only reason I can figure that it's common to this area is that in general the water is very hard... lots of lime in it.

Can't figure why I'm having that though because we have a water softener, but the Nioxin does seem to help with the scalp condition and my hair seems to shine and be nice and soft... besides that neat "minty tingle" Very Happy
JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 15, 2004 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
now, this is not about hair, but just a weird little thing i've noticed about you northern hemipshere folks. i don't mean to be rude, but it is interesting given that we are on an international forum.
Dabawenya62 wrote:
I'm currently using the ARTec Kiwi Shampoo/Conditoner

i am referring, of course, to the fact that you call kiwifruit 'kiwi'. did you know that a 'kiwi' is in fact a flightless bird only found in New Zealand and also a colloquial name for us lot down here next to antarctica?

i have to admit that i find it a little disconcerting that Dabawenya62 is washing her hair with shampoo that is made of rare birds or my compatriots, i bet you all have things that you noticed other people saying that makes you go 'huh?'

in fact, i am now wondering if you all thought that my name was related to a green (and yellow now) fuzzy fruit...

anyway, just thought i'd draw that little gem to people's attention...

Kiwigirl (not as in kiwifruit).
Mabsy

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:23 am      Reply with quote
Kiwigirl wrote:

i have to admit that i find it a little disconcerting that Dabawenya62 is washing her hair with shampoo that is made of rare birds or my compatriots, i bet you all have things that you noticed other people saying that makes you go 'huh?'

Laughing Laughing

Actually, I call the fruit Kiwi (and NZers Kiwis Smile) and the bird specifically a Kiwi Bird. So I guess I do the opposite of what I'm supposed to be doing. Being in that habit though I didn't for once think of the poor birds that are being used in these shampoos! Laughing It must sound odd to Kiwis (as in the people) though when we talk about kiwis (as in the fruit) and we sound like we're talking about kiwis (as in the bird) but all in the wrong context....

Mabsy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Well I guess I'll just have to start referring to all of you as "ya'll" in my Texas drawl Laughing

I must confess, I do feel a little in the minority in this forum. Laughing

My husband has a real Texas drawl and when he first began working with a factory in Indiana, they would get tickled every time he called. They're used to him now, but they all know who it is whether he tells them or not. Very Happy

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 7:25 am      Reply with quote
Recently I have been using MOP Mixed Greens shampoo and conditioner. Nice smell and the results are quite good.
Once a week I use Aveda Curessence shampoo and conditioner. The smell is a little peculiar and considering the price I was expecting better results.

Always had poker-straight hair but after 10 years of using dyes and heated appliances my hair has gone all frizzy and curly. Supposedly my age and hormones has something to do with it too. Rolling Eyes
I'm interested in the Kerastase range but don't want to make another pricey mistake like the Aveda one. Embarassed

I would like to speak up for the Northern Hemisphere. I know that a Kiwi is a bird and also the term for people from NZ. I don't think you're a fruit at all, Kiwigirl! Unless you are small, green and hairy..... Shock
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
Toe wrote:
I would like to speak up for the Northern Hemisphere. I know that a Kiwi is a bird and also the term for people from NZ. I don't think you're a fruit at all, Kiwigirl! Unless you are small, green and hairy..... Shock

hi toe and mabsy *sorry, i haven't figured out how to quote two people in one post yet*
thank you for redeeming my belief in the fact that there are some people out there that know their kiwi(fruit) from their kiwi (the bird)! good stuff, although i still find it weird that americans and canadians particularly, talk about kiwi scented shampoo etc., i even saw some kiwi scented soap in a shop the other day, yes, in New Zealand, how bizarre is that!
okay, that's enough about that, i just thought it was weird, and hopefully a bit of a cultural lesson for people!
another tidbit, did you know that kiwifruit were originally known as chinese gooseberries in New Zealand? they were introduced here about a century ago from china and liked it so much they stayed! sheesh, you'd think i worked for the kiwifruit marketing board or something (which i don't by the way) Smile Very Happy
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:14 am      Reply with quote
My hair is probably the place where I spend the most money and time (too much, I've come to think). It's shoulder length, originally dark mousey brown, but is currently an eggplant/brownish colour with cool blonde highlights. Yeah, and it's medium thick, smooth and there's lots of it.

I am a total product junkie, and I use:
*Kerastase Resistance shampoo and conditioner (my staple, highly recommendable, esp. if your hair is chem. treated)
*Sebastian Shaper Volume Boost shampoo and conditioner every third day or so)
*Redken Anti-Snap leave in (prevents breakage)
*MOP Leave-In (just bought this, not sure I like it, and it smells like carrots)
*Treatments: Fudge Dynamite; Joico K-Pak&Joico Moisturizer

Not to mention all the styling products Bad Grin Shock Embarassed

I have grown my hair from really short, but am considering chopping it off again because I'm too impatient to spend all the time on my hair (also, I work out a lot, and have to wash it almost twice a day)

So when it comes to product recommendations, I might have some advice....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |