Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MMU - Merle Norman
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi all, I am new here. I do not ever go into a Merle Norman but have been hearing raves about their MMU. I bought some a month ago and love it!! I use ML40. It goes on smooth, provides good coverage for me but still looks sheer and feels great! I have tried BE, EDM, L'oreal, PF and just did not like them. The BE was too shimmery for me. I have heard complaints that there are not enough color choices but I was told that more were coming out. It is a large container (.50 oz) so it should last me for several months. I am using my BE Kabuki brush to put it on. I still use the BE Mineral Veil to finish it off with. I use the BE Prime Time Primer underneath it (love that primer!).

Anyone else using this? I also have a couple of their eyeliner pencils and they are fabulous!! They do not smudge or fade.

Deb
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I am glad it is working out for you. Nothing is more frustrating than ordering foundation samples and none work!

The good thing with places like Merle Norman is that you can be colour matched and make sure it looks right before buying.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
and, you can return items to them. The first one they sold me was too yellow when I got home and used it. I took it back and got this shade. Working out - so I will stick with it.

Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Hi damblues, first welcome to the forum Smile I have Merle Norman here in Vancouver so I might go try out the MMU. But do u know the ingredients for it? Thanks =)
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Stardustdy - the ingredients are just four: mica, zinc oxide, titanium dioxide and iron oxides.

I really like it and I like that you can return it if it does not work out for you. How many times have you purchased product and were stuck with it?

Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi damblues, well most of the time if the product is just ok and if it's not too expensive, I will stick around and finish it. If it's very expensive and doesn't work, I'll for sure return it. The problem with makeup is when they put it on u in the store, it looks fine...sometimes even nice. But once u went home and do it yourself, it's a different story. Confused I'm using Everyday Minerals now. I can't say that I like it enough to stick with it forever. I just ordered the full size on it cuz it somehow gets the job done but it's not perfect. So I'll have to stick with it for a few months before trying other brands. Sad
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Damblues, so how is the MMU holding up for u? Are u still satisfied with it? Just one question b4 I go and have it color matched. Is the MMU drying cuz I might wanna put it around the eye area. Also, does it accentuate pores? Thanks Smile
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi starydustdy

Yes I am still using it. I love it. It is not drying to me and it does not accencuate my pores. I use it around my eyes lightly. I also use a primer, Prime Time and a concealer, Coverblend, and I do not get caking, etc. However, sometimes, like this morning, I forgot my primer!! It still works great for me.

The only limit is the small amount of colors they have, although I was told by the SA that there were coming out with more. I was able to get one that matches fine.

I am sticking with this MMU and see no need to try anything else - if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

That being said, you may have a different experience with it I cannot guarantee you will have the same experience as I. However, you can return it and get your money back if it does not work out for you. Also, you could go by (if it is not out of the way for you) and try it on, etc... wear it for the day and see what you think about it before purchasing it.

Good luck.

Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi Damblues, I went to Merle Norman today and got their MMU. The lady only tried L60 on me and she said that's the right shade. In the store, it seems to look alright. So I got the MMU in L60. But once I went home and tried to apply more powder to my face, it looks golden yellow which I don't really like. I like the texture but feel that the color is too yellow on me. I wonder if they make a neutral tone? I put it around my eye areas and find it too drying.

Btw, u mentioned u tried EDM? Which formula did u try? I found that Merle Norman MMU is quite similar to EDM in original glo. Anyways, I will try & exchange the MMU to a different shade if possible. If not, I might get a refund. It's not that I don't like it but the color doesn't seem to match well with my skin. Sad
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
The same thing happened with me. I got home and did not like the color I left with. But I got the ML40 on my 2nd try and the color was great. The original color they gave me was too yellow on my skin, as well.

EMD - I do not remember the colors I tried... but I found EDM very drying to my skin. It felt sort of chalky on me. I ordered their sample kit where you pick 3 shades and a concealer or something like that? The color was fine it just felt funky on me. My gf got EDM and liked it on her skin.

Hope you can get a color you like.

Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Hi damblues, I went back to the store and they exchanged it for the L20. It's lighter but I still find it a bit too peachy. So I mixed it with my EDM and the shade seems to work fine. I also find that if I dust this lightly under my eyes, it's not as cakey as when I put EDM under my eyes. It can't cover my entire circles but it brightens it up making it look a bit better. Overall, I guess it's a nice powder. I paid about $40CAD for it. Smile
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
for those of you who have tried MMU Alima, how would you compare the 2? whats the price range like for Merle Norman?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi rainbow_listic, I never tried Alima before. I found that Merle Norman is not as drying compared to Everyday Minerals. I got it for $38 CAD. If u have a Merle Norman nearby, u can go try it out Smile
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy ~ thanks babe! i don't live in canada hence i need to rely on cp if i really want to try the product. anyway, thanks for the review! ;p

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi rainbow_listic, wat's cp btw? hmm computer?? Well, if u r really planning to try it, keep me updated on it. Smile
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:49 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy ~ cp = custom purchase. find a kind angel to help to do a custom purchase. Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hi damblues, I went back to the store and they exchanged it for the L20. It's lighter but I still find it a bit too peachy. So I mixed it with my EDM and the shade seems to work fine. I also find that if I dust this lightly under my eyes, it's not as cakey as when I put EDM under my eyes. It can't cover my entire circles but it brightens it up making it look a bit better. Overall, I guess it's a nice powder. I paid about $40CAD for it. Smile

Next time you are in there or go by there, check out the L40, I am fair skin but cannot use anything that is too golden - looks yellow on my skin. The L40 does not look yellow on my skin. That might be the color you need. When I was there, the lady put all of them out and we played with all of the colors... but I still had to return the first one. I would say to try them and (what I should have done) step outside with a mirror and see what it looks like outside!!

I am just so loving this MMU. It is my HG now. AND it lasts a long time and is quite a large container.

Deb
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi damblues, they didn't try the L40 on me. They tried L20 on me and it just seems "ok"...still a bit peachy to me. That's strange that L40 doesn't look yellow on u cuz I think the "L" is yellow tone. So you're using M40 now which I assume is pink based?
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, mine says ML40 on the bottom... ???? It is not yellow on me at all... more neutral than any of the others.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:39 am      Reply with quote
I just picked up a jar of this based on fantastic reviews online. I have to say the price is super reasonable and I love how I can try before I buy without the hassle of going through millions of samples online. The coverage was beautiful at the store, my skin felt actually felt soft and hydrated. I have been having dehydrated skin lately. I'm excited to try this tomorrow, I'm not sure about the color, L20, but we will see. I like that I can return or exchange it!

I ordered some MMU samples from suncat Minerals the beginning of March and still do not have my samples yet. I'm kinda disappointed in their customer service, I didn't get notice of shipping until I emailed them, and then was told it was shipping that exact day without any apologies. It was outside their shipping time frame. Even if I like the samples, I'm not ordering anything else from them. In fact, no more sampling through online companies for foundation for me. I have blown through a lot of cash this way.

I will update how I like the Merle Norman MMU, but would love to hear if anyone one is using this still.

Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
I also use this in the ML20 color. Just finished with my first jar (lasts a long time) and will be going back for more. I use a separate concealer under my eye because it will cake into lines at times. I have sensitive skin and I've had no issues with this MMU. I loved EM when they had the original glo formula, but none of their other forumla's work for me. I also like the great customer service at the store. I might look into some of the makeup Merle Norman carries at well next time I'm at the store. This is holy grail status for me.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 12:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |