Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
So...what is your best acne serum ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
After reading a lot of reviews I can see that there is a lot of good choice out there..
Share your best acne serum purchase...is it Yonka juvenil, best bath store, Juice Beauty, Jan Marini or even something I did not ear about yet....?
Everybody try and change products all the time, but witch one is your favorite of all time ? Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Confused I though that would be a helpful topic...Well it would have been for me Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katya,

Sometimes a thread is slow to get responses, don't be discouraged!

I myself don't use an acne serum but what has helped with my hormonal/stress acne is Vitamin C serum. I haven't read anything about Vitamin C helping acne, all I can say is that for me, once I incorporated that in my routine, my hormonal acne hasn't really acted up. It's really good for you skin anyway, couldn't hurt giving it a try!

good luck!
VoltesV
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is not a serum, it's proactiv.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
i have using Ice Elements Acne Serum , i like this serum because it so gentle and not dry up my skin , i can use every day for my whole face Smile
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't found anything I've liked long term. I usually become disenchanted after a few months. That being said, my latest favorite is using PSF's Mud mask as a spot treatment overnight. I also started using their pumpkin peel at the same time so I can't say for certain if it's one or the other or both. But I've had a few blemishes start and go away very quickly. They never amounted to much. So far, I'm very happy with this. HTH!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
For the last 2 years I've been using Dr Renaud AK-Pure Anti Blemish Gel. I tried others also, but kept going back to the Dr R. Last week though I received Silken Pearl Pate and tried it on a new blemish and also a deep gouge on my face from my baby's sharp nails Embarassed and so far I'm very impressed.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
For the last 2 years I've been using Dr Renaud AK-Pure Anti Blemish Gel. I tried others also, but kept going back to the Dr R. Last week though I received Silken Pearl Pate and tried it on a new blemish and also a deep gouge on my face from my baby's sharp nails Embarassed and so far I'm very impressed.

Is this with or without the salicylic acid?

I just bought the rich and refined formula and it seems to aid in the healing process Very Happy.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Diana P wrote:

I just bought the rich and refined formula and it seems to aid in the healing process Very Happy.

The ingredients don't mention salicylic acid. It's one of her new items, the one with 2% sulfur. It's on the web site under summer specials. The only thing is that I wish it was in a bigger jar because I would probably use it over my whole face. Smile I spot treat with the pate first, then use the refining paste with salicylic acid over my whole face each night. I want to wait and use the pate for longer before I post a full review, but so far it's working well for me.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
The combination of EpidermX II and the Ice Elements Souffle have worked wonders for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
The combination of EpidermX II and the Ice Elements Souffle have worked wonders for me.

Do you use the souffle all over your face as a moisturizer?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Jan Marini Bioclear cream

I've tried Yonka, Best Bath Store, Juice Beauty, typical drugstore brands, among others.

Ever since I've started the JM, I haven't even needed a spot treatment. It's been fabulous for me!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:14 am      Reply with quote
For me,
PSF mud mask work just as good for me.

I normally leave it overnight on troubled areas.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone Very Happy ! I order some Silken Pearl too. The basic and the refine one. So I will be able to test that one too.
Diana P. Thanks for remind me of Dr Renaud products. I forgot about them. I use them before and they where really good. I will probably try them soon again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Yen wrote:

Do you use the souffle all over your face as a moisturizer?

I use it in the evening as a moisturizer. My AM routine consist of Cellex-C high potency serum & B5 gel and Ice Elements Moisturizer (normal/oily).

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I tried B. Kamins Bio Maple medicated acen gel. The result is OK but not great.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 5:24 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
cuppre wrote:
Diana P wrote:

The ingredients don't mention salicylic acid. It's one of her new items, the one with 2% sulfur. It's on the web site under summer specials. The only thing is that I wish it was in a bigger jar because I would probably use it over my whole face. Smile I spot treat with the pate first, then use the refining paste with salicylic acid over my whole face each night. I want to wait and use the pate for longer before I post a full review, but so far it's working well for me.

Thank you Diana for the product update. I didn't know about this sulfur version. Please review it when you have used it a bit more. Sound so intriguing.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Mine is PSF acne treatment mud. it contain sulfur.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:04 am      Reply with quote
For everyday use, I alternate between IFP bha/aha treatment and Silken Pearl 5%BHA souffle. Keeping pores clean really seems to PREVENT major breakouts and I haven't had a blackhead in months.

When I do get the monthly zit, I use PSF acne treatment mud as an overnight spot treatment and apply Silken Pearl pate [contains 2% sulfur] during the day.

I also use EpidermxII to maintain and exfoliate my skin and it really seems to help. You wouldn't believe how much my skin has improved since I started visiting the EDS forums and using simpler product with less ingredients....

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
msaries1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I LOVE the Neutrogena Rapid Clear ("Reduces break-outs in less than eight hours"). I use it typically for spot treatments. When I leave it on overnight, the pimple is usually flat the next morning. It's the best thing I have found so far!
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
athenal...I got a little confuse on the Silken Pearl website. Can you tell me the difference between both pearl paste you are using (the BHA and sulfur one). Do you apply in am or pm ? What are the benefits from both Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
katya wrote:
athenal...I got a little confuse on the Silken Pearl website. Can you tell me the difference between both pearl paste you are using (the BHA and sulfur one). Do you apply in am or pm ? What are the benefits from both Question

Hi katya, the souffle can be found under summer specials. Ingredients: grapeseed & rice bran oil, salicylic acid. You can order in either 2 or 5%. I use this at night after cleansing, toning, EpidermxII or mask. Grapeseed oil has slight astringent properties and I'm not quite sure what the rice bran oil does, unless it's a booster of some sort to help other products absorb.

The silken pearl pate has the same ingredients as the basic pearl paste with the addition of 2% sulfur. Distilled water/organic aloe vera gel mix, pearl powder, silk powder, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E, sea kelp, marine algae extract, preservative. I use this as a spot treatment only, it's way too heavy for all over use. Use only a tiny amount and massage into the affected area well, otherwise it'll leave a whitish caky residue, not good for daytime use!

BHA's really seem to work for prevention/maintenance and sulfur helps to treat those sudden eruptions! Laughing

HTH,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
So far I've tried Juice Beauty and Best Bath Store, and both were good but not great. I like that Best Bath Store felt less sticky on my skin, so I didn't slime my boyfriend after hopping in bed and kissing him goodnight, but Juice's sticky formula always felt a bit more effective. Recently I've tried Mychelle's and I think it might be a winner - non-sticky but still contains the salicylic acid that I suspect made Juice's work better. It's just a sample size, but I'll post a fuller review soon.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
2 things that helped my hormonal cystic acne tremendously: JM Bioclear lotion and MSM. Whenever i feel something 'underground' my chin, i up my MSM dose and it never comes to head. JM is superb at keeping my pores clear.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
2 things that helped my hormonal cystic acne tremendously: JM Bioclear lotion and MSM. Whenever i feel something 'underground' my chin, i up my MSM dose and it never comes to head. JM is superb at keeping my pores clear.

Hi dollbird

Im using JM at the moment and I cant say that its kept me clear but it has improved the texture of my skin greatly.

But what is MSM?

TIA

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |