Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Stylist question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
hattie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
I've been going to the same stylist for 8 years. I just recently started coloring my hair(he's done highlights before). The last time, as he was finishing up coloring, he asked if I wanted him to do my eyebrows? I said sure. When I went to pay, he wanted $20.00 for doing my eyebrows. I asked him how could he justify charging for the eyebrows since he was using dye I had already paid for? He said because if it didn't come out right, he'd have to fix it. I just do not think this is right! Please tell me what you think about this issue!
hopeful
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
hi hon, i am a cosmetologist, i ususlly charge 7.00 dollars, i dont use the formula already mix with the developer unless its mixed with 10 volume, i never use anything over 10 volume, anything higher would lighten too much or it could turn orangey.20.00 is way over priced though, i dont even use a half turn on the color tube.hth

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:25 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's outrageous. I would not go back to him ever again. I would also make a mental note to always ask first when being solicited for an extra how much they plan to charge me, so I can make an informed decision if I want to do it or not.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
I get my eye brows done with a vegetable based tint. (The same type of tint is safe for eye lashes.)

I pay $10.00. They do mix it up when I get there. $10.00 is the standard/average cost here for brow tinting.

I agree $20.00 is on the high side. But I think what irks me most in stituations like this; that if an extra cost is involved - tell me the cost UPFRONT. I will decide yes or no. I don't like "add on" costs.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't necessarily think it was "wrong" of him, but you should always be asked. From the way you reported it, it sounded like he was offering to just throw it in for free, so that's not really fair of him. Maybe just knock $20 off the tip amount, hehe.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't have tipped him at all. And then I would never go to him again.

Anyway, I would think using hair dye on your face is kind of unsafe? It seems a bit unwise of him to do that without knowing how your skin will react.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Considering you've given this guy 8 years of business, he has an absolute NERVE to charge you a penny, let alone $20.00 for dying your eyebrows with a product that he'd just throw down the drain and that you've already paid for! He should of made it very clear in ADVANCE that he was charging you for his time, if nothing else! If you really like him, and don't feel like looking for a new stylist, I would continue to use him but not tip him a red cent for a long, long, time to come!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your support. I was just so taken back by it, I needed some feedback, to see if I was being unreasonable. Lucy for me(& him)I didn't have a reaction to the hair color on my eyebrows. He is an excellent stylist, an okay colorist. I think I will be going elsewhere for that service in the future.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |