Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Shaving "it" all off
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Hi All
I hope I post this question in the right spot and I hope I am not over stepping boundaries here, I have a serious question that I hope someone can answer and I will word it "safely" I hope. So I was talking to my man the other day, and we were talking about women who shave and why some shave in a heart, some in strips and others completely off? I did not know how to answer that question, but he was talking about me "shaving it off". He said he wanted to see what it would look like and thought that he may like it. So, my question is, I thought I would give it a shot, but unsure what the best method is. I wax bikini area, but you can not wax it off? can you? I thought about using a cream to remove the hair, but you can not just shave the whole thing can you? If you do, it seems it would not be a clean shave, like if I shave instead of waxing, it is just not close enough and I see stuble. So can anyone here enlighten me on how to go about this? Please PM if you want to rather than post. Thanks in advance.
(hope I did not offend or break board rules) Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi berquis!! I've been shaving or waxing it all for years and I say go for it--- you'll love it!! The easiest thing to do is just call around and find a place that does "full" brazillian waxes and just let an expert take care of you. However, failing that just get yourself a nice rich shave cream (I like Kiss My Face Lavender and Shea) and go for it yourself. Just take things very slowy, esp. around delicate areas, and you'll be done before you know it. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I remember as a teenager I shaved it all off for a boyfriend and all I can remember is ingrown hairs and itchy, itchy, itchy when it grew back. I think waxing would have been better.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
berquis, the important thing here is... Will YOU like it?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
4sons
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
berquis, the important thing here is... Will YOU like it?

THERE'S the question!!!

As swim suit weather arrives each year I take more and more off so there's more or less a wide "landing strip." That way I NEVER have to worry about that area when I'm swimming or on the beach. Stray pubic hairs have always seemed REALLY tacky to me! I have never really had a regrowth issue.

I use an epilator on my legs and underarms. I now use this on my bikini area as well. HOWEVER
if I was going to take it all off (so to speak) I would DEFINITELY leave it for the professionals!

Good luck with your decision!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I remember as a teenager I shaved it all off for a boyfriend and all I can remember is ingrown hairs and itchy, itchy, itchy when it grew back. I think waxing would have been better.

Yes, be cautious about using a razor unless you want to ITCH!!!

Of course, there's a little pain with waxing, but IMO it's better to have some intense -- but quick -- pain than long, drawn out itchiness where it's not polite to scratch. Bad Grin Plus, it will look cleaner -- if your hair is dark, if you shave you will still be able to see the hairs under the skin.

I had laser done a few years ago and had a landing strip. If I had it to do over again, I think I'd just leave a little pouf there or something. (Actually, I guess I could go back and get this done, but I know I will never bother ...)

-Cathy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmm ... a laser. That's an idea!!! Did you get your upper thighs done as well? I just HATE the hair on my thighs!!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Hmmmmmmm ... a laser. That's an idea!!! Did you get your upper thighs done as well? I just HATE the hair on my thighs!!!

Oooh, my lower legs was where my bad leg hair was!

The hair on my thighs is light and blonde and I can get by with only shaving it once a month or so (even less in the winter Laughing ) So, I did my bikini area, lower legs, and underarms.

The laser treatments themselves are not like a pleasurable spa experience, that's for sure! It feels like rubber bands snapping against the skin and I had to get five treatments, but it was one of the best investments I have made. I just wish it had been around when I was in my 20's. It is so very freeing not to have to worry about body hair at all anymore!

Also, I went to a place that specializes in laser hair removal where the treatments are all done by physicians -- you want to make sure that the person treating you knows what they are doing.

Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Just warning you- for me, shaving anything off the front is a very bad idea. Anything underneath goes off so smoothly and without problems. I'm going to be traveling this summer and I don't want to bother all the time so I do plan on getting waxed beforehand, but I admit the idea makes me a little uncomfortable! Neutral
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:

Oooh, my lower legs was where my bad leg hair was!

The hair on my thighs is light and blonde and I can get by with only shaving it once a month or so (even less in the winter Laughing ) So, I did my bikini area, lower legs, and underarms.

The laser treatments themselves are not like a pleasurable spa experience, that's for sure! It feels like rubber bands snapping against the skin and I had to get five treatments, but it was one of the best
investments I have made. I just wish it had been around when I was in my 20's. It is so very freeing not to have to worry about body hair at all anymore!

Also, I went to a place that specializes in laser hair removal where the treatments are all done by physicians -- you want to make sure that the person treating you knows what they are doing.

Hey Can you please tell me what is the total cost you paid for bikini area, lower legs, and underarms and also from where you got it done?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I sometimes use a venus but usually I use my seiko cleanshave and seldom have problems with itching or ingrown hairs. I like it but I understand why some women feel 'odd' about it. For me it feels good and ensures I get lots of attention orally Very Happy

I know. there is always SOMEONE who will go too far and it's usually me Very Happy I don't mind if it's reported or deleted!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
ritas wrote:
Hey Can you please tell me what is the total cost you paid for bikini area, lower legs, and underarms and also from where you got it done?

It's been around 6 years ago now, and I don't remember how much I paid (probably selective amnesia because THAT memory is too painful!)

I went to a place called "Alase" that's in the Washington DC area. I do remember I had a package deal for five treatments for each of these areas and it was less expensive to pay for them this way than to do it piecemeal. At each appointment, all of the areas would be treated and then I'd wait around eight weeks and then come back for another round. Each time, there would be fewer and fewer hairs, and the ones that did grow back would be finer -- therefore, at each appointment there was less and less pain involved because there was less and less "target" for the laser to zap.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
Here's a similar thread called "Brazilian Wax anyone ?". Cool I do prefer it all off, though..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4142&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I shave it all off. I have gotten it waxed before but the lady was in serious need of glasses. She did a horrid job and basically it has turned me off to the whole waxing experience. If I knew I could get a good job I might try it again but lol I don't even know anybody here who I would even ask lol.
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Personally I can't imaging waxing it...not into pain, at all! When I first did it a long time ago it felt really, really weird and was totally distracting for a few days, then I got used to it. I use a Venus razor, usually use hair condition to shave my legs so use it there too, and go slowly. I agree w/Guapagirl ... my ChocolatBoy loves it & therefore, showers lots of attention, goody goody for me! So I've never had to deal with re-growth since I've never tried.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
For the all-shavers:

Are there comfort issues involved?

Do you have moments when you wonder if the guy you are will had paedophilic tendencies for being into this?

Do you put a little tattoo or something there instead?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
For the all-shavers:

Are there comfort issues involved? not for me!

Do you have moments when you wonder if the guy you are will had paedophilic tendencies for being into this?absolutely not. can't believe you would ask. a 42 yr old body looks like a 42 yr old body, hair or not!

Do you put a little tattoo or something there instead?why would I?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear.

Perhaps it was the generous G & T I just had with my dinner, but now I just HAVE to ask: has anyone uh ... gone quite clean without warning their S/O? I have this urge to be quite tidy but don't know if it would be too much of a shock.

Anyone? Anyone?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
bergquis wrote:
He said he wanted to see what it would look like and thought that he may like it.

Let him shave it off for you...that's what I did when my dh asked. He got a little electric razor and did a really nice job. Now I just do it myself, but leave a bit of strip..I prefer it that way myself.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
4sons wrote:
Oh dear.

Perhaps it was the generous G & T I just had with my dinner, but now I just HAVE to ask: has anyone uh ... gone quite clean without warning their S/O? I have this urge to be quite tidy but don't know if it would be too much of a shock.

Anyone? Anyone?

4Sons, I think it would be a very welcome surprise! When DH and I were dating he wasn't expecting it, but he sure was happy! Razz

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmmmmmm ... good to know, Liz!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
melanie haber wrote:
For the all-shavers:

Are there comfort issues involved? not for me!

Do you have moments when you wonder if the guy you are will had paedophilic tendencies for being into this?absolutely not. can't believe you would ask. a 42 yr old body looks like a 42 yr old body, hair or not!

I asked because some of the women who answer may be in their early 20s, and some others may have androgenous figures, or simply keep very fit and young looking, they way we want our faces to. I patronized a service called Completely Bare in NYC, and their "mascot" is a drawing of a woman who presumable had herself made bare, covering up coyly with her hand, very young looking, and her breasts are little tiny buds. Creeped me out. I'm been pressured by men to shave everything off -- not paedophiles as far as a know, but both crude and unstable. So i have had this fear of bumping into someone who would have gotten weeded out of my life if i had more womanly hair there.

Also afraid of brushing against my underwear differently if i do this. I very much want to remove all that i can with laser, but leave a bit there.

As for the tatoos, I've seen some pretty ones people had done in place of the missing hair.

Quote:
Do you put a little tattoo or something there instead?why would I?

Here is an example:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8335566374233589465&q=doda+tatua%C5%
It might be nice.

In the Completely Bare shop they try to market swarovsky jewels for the exposed pubic bone. I guess they are glued on?
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:37 pm      Reply with quote
duplicate
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I wore the completely bare look for several months, but finally noticed something I hadn't seen before: droop, or something that looked like it!! Shock

I'm not talking droopy outer lips here, it was those inner ones that obviously wanted to see something of the world. Some parts of us are made longer than others, and I appear to have the labia version of Morton's Toe. Laughing

It doesn't matter to me but I gotta say it's not the prettiest sight I can think of. Now, I leave some fluff on to camoflage it and I'm happy in my ignorance.

My advice would be to take a peek at your genetic "arrangement" before you take it all off.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 21, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Is the skin 'down there' more sensitive than say the eyebrow region? I had my eyebrows waxed once before, but rather than the few hours of inflammation, I had a week of red soreness (i have sensitive skin on my face, never paid attention elsewhere)
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:08 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |