Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Jo Malone Rant
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
I am really ticked off at Jo Malone right now so I had to vent. The bottom line is this: I have spent over $450 with them in the past 30 days, I received my final box today and a $90 bottle (not incl. tax) of cologne was not in it, but of course I was charged for it. I called the company, they were less than pleasant to me. I was basically treated like a liar, no apologies, no concern whatsoever. Finally after all sorts of go around, she said they would have to research this (I was hoping they would!!!) and they will SEE IF it comes in underweight. I told her it would and she was just silent. I felt like a criminal, yet I have done nothing criminal and at this point I've been taken for almost $100. If they claim it wasn't underweight I am not sure how to proceed. If they realize their mistake this has still been a really bad experience. Sorry for the rant, I am just really upset about this. I have never had this happen with products that I have ordered.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
You should file with your credit card company since you did not receive your order.

If they come back and claim that it wasn't underweight and they believe you are lying, go after them through your cc company...it'll probably be the only way you can get your money back.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
That's really good advice. You should also file a complaint with the better business bureau.

http://www.bbb.org/complaint.asp
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I paid with my debit card (with a M/C) logo on it - so I don't know if I would have any recourse with that. The Better Business Bureau is a great idea too, Schang. I will do that if it come to that. I am really hoping that I get an email tomorrow from them saying how they've discovered their error and how they are going to fix this problem. They should have treated me decently though until they researched it to find out if they had made a mistake - because I can tell you, they DID make a mistake. AARGH!!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
If you paid with your Debit card...go to your bank.

Usually banks have some sort of recourse for lost money like that.

Keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
I know that there are some unscrupulous customers around who will try all kinds of nonsense, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they've been so unpleasant to you. Besides, you'd think, having spent so much money with them lately, they'd be inclined to be a little more cooperative.

Certainly sounds like bad customer service.

Paris has given some really good advice if they turn out to disbelieve you.

Please keep us posted, and good luck.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Majorb, I agree that there are MANY customers that try to take advantage of companies. Anybody could SAY a product "wasn't in the box." So, of course the company has to research the problem - in this case weighing the box, which is great. I just think companies in this situation should initially apologize for the problem, offer kindly to look into and ACT like they believe you (even if they don't) UNTIL they have the info. Obviously they aren't going to mail more product until the situation is confirmed. This way they haven't caused a customer relations problem based on their OWN error when they find out if the customer was right or not. If a company discovers it is their fault, quickly remedy the situation. If they have a fraud on their hands, THEN explain it was all in the box. (She did tell me it WAS ALL in the box). There was no email this morning from them - I am anxiously awaiting their reply. I will report when I hear anything. My string of good luck with companies is over (unfortuanately!).
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
Whatever happened to the customer is always right?

I would keep on at them, why should you be out of pocket? At the very least as well as the goods you have paid for but not received, you should get an apology and something as a goodwill gesture.

Keep the packaging, does it have the weight on so you can show them to help prove that your item was not sent?
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:33 am      Reply with quote
Sarahb, I did save every piece of paper that came in that box! I couldn't figure out where the weight was on it, but if I need to I'll go to the post office and ask and have them weigh it and use that to help prove it. I know this all sounds so silly, but when it happens to you personally it feels AWFUL!!!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
You go get 'em!

Did the box look like it was opened in any way? I know someone who used to work for a delivery company and she said you would be surprised some of the unscrupulous folks who work there. Shock

In my case, I ordered a bag (some of you may recall as I posted about the whole ordeal). It was delivered (so said the online confirmation) and I never got it.
It was delivered to another apartment. Needless to say, the person who got it opened it then decided to return it...it was left mysteriously in front of my door a day or so later.

Luckily, I called the company as soon as I noticed the problem and they said that while there was a waiting period of 10 days to consider it "lost" they would replace it.

I hate delivery systems and companies that don't believe their customers Sad Though I do understand their skepticism. I used to work at Victoria's Secret and I once had a woman come in and return a lingerie set...the kicker? She had worn it AND washed it in the 2 days since she bought it. She claimed she didn't wash it and it merely didn't fit but it was obvious. We think that she only wanted it..ahem...for a special night then wanted to return it and get her money back. <shiver>

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Sarahb, I did save every piece of paper that came in that box! I couldn't figure out where the weight was on it, but if I need to I'll go to the post office and ask and have them weigh it and use that to help prove it. I know this all sounds so silly, but when it happens to you personally it feels AWFUL!!!!

Was the weight with the shipping price? If not, did it have the postage cost on? You would be able to work out from that the rough weight of the package to see whether it was included in the first place.
Caspers Mum

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Jo Malone is owned by Estée Lauder. You can visit the following site, and Lauder will likely deal with it:

www.elcompanies.com

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
OMG who DOESN'T Estee Lauder own?

I just found out they bought out my beloved Ojon Sad

Brick wall

Sorry...that was off topic. But EL is taking over the world!!!

I really should just sit on the EL website and see who they own...though maybe ignorance is bliss in this case Laughing

Good luck dear in getting your money back. Go for it as far as you can and don't give up!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
I used to work for a shipping company, and I have to tell you - if the box was only missing ONE bottle of perfume, it might not come in as underweight, even when it really was missing. Depends on how much you ordered and how precise their scales are, etc. but I think you would be wise to keep on them.

The suggestion to go to your bank (or whoever the owner of your debit card is) is a good idea - you can dispute a purchase and you will get MUCH faster results that way. I did this with a business that was supposed to deliver me organic produce - the idea was great but the business side never held up - and they wouldn't return my calls after they charged me for a week when they didn't deliver, but as soon as I called my bank and had them investigate, suddenly Ms. Produce was very responsive very quickly. So don't be afraid to pull out the big guns!

And at the same time, DO keep in mind that any customer could claim what you're claiming, and be lying about it. So they do have to kind of protect themselves. My company before shipped stuff to places all over Latin America, and it was so common for product to "disappear" at our freight forwarders in Miami or Texas, or the customs agents or delivery companies in various countries... and if product ever got mistakenly delivered to the wrong address in Bolivia, forget it. We were out a couple hundred bucks because we'd NEVER see it again. And so many of our customers would lie through their teeth about not having received product to try and get us to compensate, and their competition would rat them out to us - it was very drama-filled! So while it's incredibly crappy how badly Jo Malone's company has treated you, do go easy on her in that they do have to be careful not to be taken advantage of. It sucks that you have to make up for other people's bad behavior, but if you're a) polite and b) persistent, I bet you eventually get what you need. And it doesn't hurt to have your bank helping you out - none of our guilty customers who were lying to us would ever take that kind of measure, but people who were serious had nothing to lose by recruiting a higher authority to investigate and help out. So that's a way to help prove your innocence and get a leg up. Hope this helps, that really sucks for you! I hate when orders get screwed up. Sad

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
A lot of good and sound advice. I would also add my two bit and suggest write to them. Somehow a written complaint carries a lot more weight than a phone call. Having said that, once I still didn't get a result with Debenhams. I am so angry with myself for letting them get away with it. Sorry, I am having a rant of my own!

Definitely write (email would do as well).

All the best and keep us posted.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Vidishal Lala, thanks for the pointer to write them, I am going to go ahead and do that. Hopefully that will solve the problem so I won't have to take any of the other steps(thanks everyone for all the tips - I truly appreciate all of them!). I was going to just wait since I talked to them, but I think you may be right about writing (emailing) them. I will make sure it is diplomatic and hopefully this issue will be resolved! I didn't hear from them at all today. Also, I was glad to hear that my bank can deal with it, if it comes to that.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:21 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
Vidishal Lala, thanks for the pointer to write them, I am going to go ahead and do that. Hopefully that will solve the problem so I won't have to take any of the other steps(thanks everyone for all the tips - I truly appreciate all of them!). I was going to just wait since I talked to them, but I think you may be right about writing (emailing) them. I will make sure it is diplomatic and hopefully this issue will be resolved! I didn't hear from them at all today. Also, I was glad to hear that my bank can deal with it, if it comes to that.

Yes, I definitely think that, even if all is sorted out and they agree to refund/replace your lost scent, you should still still write to them and complain about the way in which you've been spoken to and treated. It might make them ensure their staff have better training so it is less likely to happen again. (And it might make you feel a wee bit better too, to help get it off your chest.)
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Majorb, that's a good point. I will make sure to do that. I emailed my letter last night. I haven't anything yet today, but it's still early. I really hope to hear from them today.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
OK now I'm really nervous because I went and inspected the box looking for the weight and found it - it say 3 lbs.. That's it. No ounces nothing precise. This sounds like a really general weight and may not solve any problems. We'll see, but that isn't encouraging to me.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
OK now I'm really nervous because I went and inspected the box looking for the weight and found it - it say 3 lbs.. That's it. No ounces nothing precise. This sounds like a really general weight and may not solve any problems. We'll see, but that isn't encouraging to me.

Right, that's exactly what I was worried about - some companies just aren't that precise in weighing things, for whatever reason - I hope you get this sorted out! I can't urge you strongly enough to contact your bank if another whole day goes by without hearing from them. Nothing will snap 'em into action quicker than an actual investigation.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Ginnieliz, I appreciate the advice. So if I don't hear from them today or by tomorrow a.m., I am going to go to my bank tomorrow. I have a feeling that's what I am going to have to do. I guess this is the downside of online purchases.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
Sigh, it really is, but you know, I think it's worth it for the general convenience. I mean, I prefer the overall convenience of this Internet age, even though it brings some drawbacks. Here's hoping everything works out well for you - so sorry you have to spend time dealing with this crap! Good luck!

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
This is a long shot, but they may even have been calling your bluff to see how you reacted to the possibility of them checking out the weight of the parcel. If so, then you acted like the genuine customer you are and they should hopefully recognise that fact.

Still, I'd be fuming over their treatment.
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Okay, I've got the end of the story. I just got a phone call from a supervisor of JM online and they are sending me the missing bottle and apologized. I am so glad!!! I feel so much better! Thanks for everyone's support/ideas, I appreciated it all!
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
That's a great result!
Congratulations.

To be insinuated that you are lying is very insulting and makes one see red! Am glad you followed through to the end.

Enjoy your bottle Smile

Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |