Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dark Eyelids
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
As titled. I have dark under eye circles as well as dark eyelids Crying or Very sad Any one have that? What do u do to help with it?
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark eyelids, have always looked like I'm wearing brown eyeshadow when I'm not! I just discovered Bobbi Brown Cream Shadow Stick in "Vanilla" and it lightens my eye lid up and acts as a primer, worth the $20!

Undereyes for me: Jane Iredale Circle Delete in Peach.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney, do u put concealer or foundation on your eyelids to try and cover it at all? So basically any cream eyeshadow will do?
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
The BB vanilla stick is my concealer and eyeshadow base (read about doing this at MUA I think). I use this vanilla on eyelids, and JI concealer undereyes, then foundation all over, then proceed with regular eyeshadow. I don't know about any cream eyeshadow working as this is the only one I've tried for this problem. My regular pot concealers were to moisturizing for eyelid. At one time I did also use Physicans Formula Gentle Cover stick concealer in yellow for my upper lid, and that worked too but I prefer this BB Vanilla stick. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
I have darker eyelids and circles. I use JI Active Light concealer in #4 and I use BE Well-Rested or JI Lid Primer in Canvas on my lids. I like the BE better -- it lasts longer.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm also called Racoon... I haven't found a good solution. Usually, after I put under-eye concealer, I dust the whole area with LM Secret Brightening Powder (#2) and then use a beige eyeshadow. So, sadly, I think it's normal to have dark eyelids though not common.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
yeh my mom always call me a racoon too Sad I wanna use color eyeshadows but can't cuz of my dark eyelid. It makes my eye circles even more apparent with color eyeshadows.
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I use RMK concealer on that area!
It works really well.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
As titled. I have dark under eye circles as well as dark eyelids Crying or Very sad Any one have that? What do u do to help with it?

Apart from using concealer, make-up or eye cream/lotion, have you try placing cucumber slices or chilled tea bags on eyes ? my bf tried tea bags for a week and it has slightly improvement. Regular massage to improve blood circulation will also help.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:03 am      Reply with quote
stardustdy just wondering do you get your enough sleep daily? curious as i also have same problem howver i think mine is from lack of sleep Neutral
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Stardusty, have you tried eye products with Vitamin K? I believe it's worth a try.
I also see a slight brightening effect from the Vitamin C eye cream I use and love. Sun block around the eyes clearly helps too, if only to prevent the skin from getting darker.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I am a dark-lidded gal! While not a treatment product, I HAVE found my holy grail product for disguising the darkness on the eyelids without (GET THIS) ANY build-up or the heaviness of a regular concealer (or super duper concealer usually required to conceal lid darkness)....the product is called Lemon Aid Colour Correcting Eyelid Primer by Benefit and it is AWESOME!!! I pat this on, then follow with a light dust of sheer powder and YOWZA the results are nothing short of amazing. I no longer need to use Amazing Cosmetics' concealer on my lids....the Lemon Aid (it's yellowish) just cuts right through the darkness without giving the look of anything on the lid - just nice, even-coloured lids. I can't say enough good things about this product. It is AMAZING. I will NEVER be without it. And don't confuse it with traditional yellow based colour correcting creams (like the one from MAC)...it's not like that at all...it comes in a little compact and feels on the finger like one of those solid perfumes, do you know what I mean? Anyways - IMHO, Lemon Aid deserves its own parade!! (trumpets a blowin', flags a wavin' and pudsy a marchin')
puds
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
jcyhung
I do massage my eye areas b4 I go to sleep on a nightly basis. I did try tea bag just once but I kinda lost the patience. So wat kind of tea bags does your bf use? U mentioned chilled tea bags but isn't it warm ones will be better to improve circulation? I might be wrong. And can u do it in the evening? Cuz I don't think I have time to do it in the morning. Thanks Smile

simran
I on avg. only get about 6-7hrs of sleep a nite. My sleep pattern is not the greatest. My job requires me to stare into the computer for almost the entire day Sad I realized that's what make it worse too.

Cadia
I now put sunscreen on my upper lids too. I did try Vit. K for about a month or so around my eye areas without any success. I found it kinda drying too.

Pudoodles
It's nice that u find your HG concealer to disguise your dark eyelids. Do u use it for the under eyes too? I did try a few yellow corrector for eye circles and stuff. But it doesn't seem to cover well and it makes my eye areas yellowy & cakey Confused

Well everyone, thanks so~ much for ur input. I'll be patient with the tea bags and massage. I'll apply sunscreen religiously everyday. I'll for sure have to change my sleep pattern somehow. I'll of course still cover my circles and lids and the search continues for the perfect concealer. Very Happy
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have dark brownish/purplish upper lids,they werentalways like that.I had cosmetic surgery on my eyes and that might have caused it,it looks like shadow so I dont care. I also use JM eyelash but I believe they were already dark before the JM.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
It's funny, this is something that I've just started to notice. I've never had this problem before but it started shortly after I began using an eye product on my lids to help reduce the puffiness.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
i read somewhere, which mention that dark eyelids are result from excessive rubbing of your eyes, the strength that you used when removing your eyes makeup also play a part.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I think vitamin c can solve your problems.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Yes - I think I've been getting the bleaching effect of Vitamin C serum - L-ascorbic & distilled water - around my eyes. Under looks light and lids have lost that discoloration. I put it around my eyes. Also put TCA latte and Copper peptide around my eyes because they don't burn me or make my vision go blurry like eye cream s do.
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
jcyhung
I do massage my eye areas b4 I go to sleep on a nightly basis. I did try tea bag just once but I kinda lost the patience. So wat kind of tea bags does your bf use? U mentioned chilled tea bags but isn't it warm ones will be better to improve circulation? I might be wrong. And can u do it in the evening? Cuz I don't think I have time to do it in the morning. Thanks Smile

simran
I on avg. only get about 6-7hrs of sleep a nite. My sleep pattern is not the greatest. My job requires me to stare into the computer for almost the entire day Sad I realized that's what make it worse too.

Cadia
I now put sunscreen on my upper lids too. I did try Vit. K for about a month or so around my eye areas without any success. I found it kinda drying too.

Pudoodles
It's nice that u find your HG concealer to disguise your dark eyelids. Do u use it for the under eyes too? I did try a few yellow corrector for eye circles and stuff. But it doesn't seem to cover well and it makes my eye areas yellowy & cakey Confused

Well everyone, thanks so~ much for ur input. I'll be patient with the tea bags and massage. I'll apply sunscreen religiously everyday. I'll for sure have to change my sleep pattern somehow. I'll of course still cover my circles and lids and the search continues for the perfect concealer. Very Happy

Stardustdy
actually there are various saying about "tea bags" method, some suggested to use green tea bag, some said should use warm tea bags...I learnt this from a friend, I'd the same query as yours...but I tried, hehe coz I experimented on my bf, not me. But it did have a little improvement (his is very serious), since he didn't have any big changes in eating habit & sleeping pattern, I believe "black tea bags method" might hv worked on him! - Soak black tea bags in boiling water (like normal procedure when you make a cup of tea), then rinse in cold purify water, remove excess water, then put in a clean glass container then place in fridge for few hours. Put chilled tea bags over eyes for 15 mins, remove, then place warm towel over eyes for few mins. That was done at nite, 'cos either me or my bf are hurry to work in the morning. Regarding eye massaging, better to avoid to massage without cream or aroma oil, what I do is justing "press & release" on "acupuncture point" beneath eye brows, middle of 2 eye brows with middle fingers & thumbs.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have serious dark eye circles and tried different concealer. The one works best is Bobbi Brown's.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
jcyhung, thanks for the advice. It's interesting how black tea can help with dark circles. It might be the anti-oxidants in it? I'll try your method and let u know =) Oh btw, does it have to be pure black tea? Or can it be watever black tea? U know how they like to have orange/ Berry, etc etc black tea. Thanks Very Happy
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:

Even though it is said to be related to genetics, I saw some reviews saying that benefit eyecon was a good product.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:

Even though it is said to be related to genetics, I saw some reviews saying that benefit eyecon was a good product.

Really? Benefit eyecon is a good product? The reviews from Makeupalley doesn't seem to look so good though.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
My eyelids also are dark. I made a DIY eyecream with chrysin, it is supposed to lighten dark circles around the eyes. You could probably add it to any eyecream.

This is fromwww.skinactives.com/products/chrysin.htm:
Quote:
One of the causes of infra-orbital shadows are due to the accumulation of hemoglobin and its colored degradation products ( in the dermis and epidermis. Chrysin activates the enzyme that leads to the degradation of bilirubin.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
HI Pachouli,

How much of the chrysin did you add? How did you get it to dissolve?

Hi Pudoodles,

I'm so happy you found something to work. Lemon Aid sounds like a great product. I am tempted to try it but worry it may not work on my dark complexion but then again, nothing ventured, nothing gained though money saved! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |