Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Blinc Kiss Me vs. Too Faced Lash Injection mascaras?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Other than price, please let me know what is the difference between these 2 mascaras? Is one clearly better than the other with regard to how long it lasts, better volume, and ease of clean-up?
Caspers Mum

Sat Jul 14, 2007 11:05 am      Reply with quote
Blinc/Kiss Me mascaras are 100% waterproof. The other is not.

You may read about the technology here:

http://www.cimel.ca/main/mascara.php

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't tried them both but I heard the Too Faced gives a lot more volume. Look for a thread on the Too Faced where Olivia posted photos.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I luuuurve the Blinc Kiss Me because it really does stay on until you actually want to remove. No raccoon eyes with this one!

Also, when you are ready to remove it: with most mascaras, I feel like I'm adding wrinkles/sagging to my eye area because no cleanser or makeup remover thoroughly removes it. No matter how much I scrub at my lashes, I still wake up with mascara smudges in the am. Not so with Blinc! It really does come off easily and completely.

But, I do hear it does not hold up against others in the volume/length dept.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
For me:

Blinc Kiss Me
- Never use it anymore. Sure, it's heavy duty waterproof but it's really skimpy on my lashes and if you swim in the ocean it still comes off.

Lorac Stunt Lashes
MUCH better - slightly thicker and longer than Kiss me.

Too Faced Lash Injection
My holy grail when I need super thick and lush lashes. One swipe does it. The SA told me to remove with oil-based remover on day 1, and the rub method on day 2 or 3. Honestly, I have NO problems removing any time I want (I use coconut oil as a cleansing oil). The most impressive thing for me is how it thickens ... better than DiorShow and it's water resistant.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:44 am      Reply with quote
I don't think the two mascaras compare at all since they work differently and produce completely different results.

Blinc: It works by creating a "tube" around the lashes. It lengthens, but doesn't really add volume. It pretty much stays put till you take it off. The only way to take the mascara off is to wet the lashes then pull the tubes off the lashes. I found that even when I was careful to be gentle, I would lose a few lashes when I removed Blinc's mascara. I had decided to only use it once in a while. Well, an occasion recently came up and I went to apply it and it literally blobbed onto my lashes. I had to remove all my makeup and start over. I guess it had gone bad. Very annoying.

Too Faced: I just wrote a review of this. This works like a traditional mascara and both lengthens and adds volume really well. It does flake a little after several hours. I think it's a great mascara overall and would recommend it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine - Lash Injection also creates tubes. Day 1 the mascara can be removed with makeup remover. Day 2 or 3 it should be removed by rubbing, similar to Blinc's Kiss Me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
What?! I had no idea. I've been using Lash Injection for a couple of weeks now, and I would swear there are no tubes. Also, it seems like Lash Injection flakes too much for it to work by creating tubes. One thing I like about Blinc was that there are no flakes or clumps thanks to the tubes. It seems to me like Lash Injection works by depositing/building fibers (which cause the flakes) onto the lashes. Could it be that there are different kinds of Lash Injection mascaras?

Rjez wrote:
Jeannine - Lash Injection also creates tubes. Day 1 the mascara can be removed with makeup remover. Day 2 or 3 it should be removed by rubbing, similar to Blinc's Kiss Me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not understanding what is meant by "Day 1" and "Day 2 and 3" having different ways to remove the mascara. Is there some sort of residue left on the lashes after Day 1 removal? Also, the flaking would be an issue for me -- I don't want to have to swipe under my eyes during the day to remove flakes settling in my lines. Confused
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I have the same query. Does it mean the mascara can be left on for a number of days without flaking and can only be wiped clean when you want to?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:34 pm      Reply with quote
The marketing claim for Lash Injection is that it can be left on for 3 days. I've read a few reviews where people have done this. I usually remove at night but I did go 2 days in Bermuda last weekend and it did come off in tubes on day 2.

I loved it for the first couple of weeks but the tube dries out fast and then it gets really clumpy.

Here's the verbiage from Sephora:

What it is formulated to do:
This exclusive, 3D formula actually builds tubes around each lash. This " Lash Injection " has unique elastic polymers that curl, fatten, and stretch far beyond the natural lash. This adds extreme volume, curl and length for that costly lash extension look without any of the hassle, pain or commitment. . You will no longer see clumps and lumps - but long, gorgeous, fluttering, new and improved eyelashes.

What else you need to know:
With a flick of the specially-designed "GIANT" wand lashes will be injected with indelible, weather-proof color. Substantial percentages of jojoba and vitamin E deeply condition lashes to prevent breakage and damage that can result in broken or sparse lashes. Easily removable with soap and warm water or eye make-up remover, this amazing mascara doesn't dissolve and smudge like any ordinary mascara. Lash Injection comes off in tiny tubes, like little lash socks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
I must have a defective tube! The Lash Injection mascara I have looks awesome for about 8 hours. After that, it starts to flake under my eyes, and the flaking increases the more that time passes, so I cannot imagine leaving it on for more than a day. Actually, it would probably all be flaked off by the end of day 2.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
yeah - mine flakes too, but I thought it was because I use a base underneath (Shiseido mascara base) to hold the curl.

Mirenesse also have a nice mascara that forms tubes. Just like Kiss Me but it has a better brush (although I'm comparing to the brush Kiss Me had about 5 years ago).

Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |