Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anya Hindmarch fans... they have an online sale now on...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
I love Anya Hindmarch bags particularly the ones with dogs, cats, hedgehogs etc on, I always get comments when I use my Spaniel bag, it's so funny.

Just checked out their site and they have a sale on, I just love the Thandie Pecary bag which is down from £395 to £240 but the fact that it's made out of Pecary is putting me off.

Any other Anya fans out there? Did anyone manage to get a 'I'm not a plastic bag' before they ended up on eBay?
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:57 am      Reply with quote
I wasn't able to make it to my local Sainsburys (the only one in the county!) as I was at work. I dispatched a colleage and she got there at 8am but (not suprisingly) the bags had gone. I then registered to buy online but missed out on that too. I won't be buying from ebay though, have you seen how much they sell for Shock ?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
I got a couple of the "I Am Not A Plastic Bag"s - for £5 when they initially came out on the site. I thought they looked stylish and sturdy for shopping. Got the shock of my life when they started going for stupid money on eBay.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
I got a couple of the "I Am Not A Plastic Bag"s - for £5 when they initially came out on the site. I thought they looked stylish and sturdy for shopping. Got the shock of my life when they started going for stupid money on eBay.

OMG...you are so lucky. I wanted one of those sooo bad. I was even in NYC the day of the launch here in the U.S. but they sold out sooo quickly. I didn't stand a chance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I know! I ended up selling my spare one, but my computer was broken when they were going to the really big money, but I still did pretty well out of it.

Wasn't going to sell, but they're so sturdy that I decided I didn't need a back-up after all, plus the temptation to eBay was just too strong for me. I still love and use my other one. It really is great for shopping without plastic bags.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
majorb wrote:

OMG...you are so lucky. I wanted one of those sooo bad. I was even in NYC the day of the launch here in the U.S. but they sold out sooo quickly. I didn't stand a chance!

I think they went so quickly because people cottoned on to how much they could get for them from eBay. I would have loved to get a few but I certainly wouldn't have sold them, I thought it was a great idea and I only use those 10p bag for life bags for all my shopping anyway so it would have been great to get some to use.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted one to haul all my thesis stuff around.

Still do...but refuse to pay the markups on ebay. Heck no!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I really wanted one to haul all my thesis stuff around.

Still do...but refuse to pay the markups on ebay. Heck no!

I totally agree with you on that one!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
I can not believe that there are people paying over $200.00 on ebay for one of those $15.00 bags. Its craziness. Even I- who will buy anything- am not dropping that kind of cash on that bag.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
How durable is this bag? Is it made out of Egyptian cotton?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I joined the AH list and they said that there won't be any more made...hence they are such hot ticket bags right now!

I think this marketing strategy along with the iPhone were pure genius. How else could women be lemming so much for a cheap bag that they'd be willing to pay 200 bucks for one?

Brilliant. And I fell for it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have a website or a picture? I'm just curious as to what you guys a talking about.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Does anyone have a website or a picture? I'm just curious as to what you guys a talking about.

Do a search on eBay for Anya Hindmarch I'm not a plastic bag
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:33 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

I think I read somewhere that there's a bit of controversy as to where they are made, possibly sweatshops in India/China but don't quote me on that!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:35 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
I joined the AH list and they said that there won't be any more made...hence they are such hot ticket bags right now!

I think this marketing strategy along with the iPhone were pure genius. How else could women be lemming so much for a cheap bag that they'd be willing to pay 200 bucks for one?

Brilliant. And I fell for it!

They wanted to get their name out there and producing really cheap reusable bags to save the planet was a great idea, making them so limited was bound to push up the price. I'd love to have a few (to use) but no way will I pay that price!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

They're made of a fairly heavy canvas with rope handles, so mine's pretty comfortable to carry around town, even when it's stuffed full of shopping. I use it mainly for food shopping and it's standing up well to that so far.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
ParisTroika wrote:
majorb wrote:

I think they went so quickly because people cottoned on to how much they could get for them from eBay. I would have loved to get a few but I certainly wouldn't have sold them, I thought it was a great idea and I only use those 10p bag for life bags for all my shopping anyway so it would have been great to get some to use.

Don't worry, there are loads and loads of nice canvas, re-useable bags you can buy now to use. The demand from the "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" seems to have worked in that it's inspired more companies to produce them. Some of them have really lovely designs - everywhere from high street shops to little boutiques, Fair Trade businesses and charities are producing them.

If you buy yours from a charity or Fair Trade concern, then it's even better.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you marjorb and sarahb.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:20 am      Reply with quote
I wonder who will really pay a premium for this bag??!! Rolling Eyes

I bet this will be out of fashion soooooon....
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:57 am      Reply with quote
I saw a couple of stalls in a street market today selling these, or should I say copies thereof, at HK40.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:31 am      Reply with quote
If you want the real thing (I am not a plastic bag), they are selling some on the We Are What We Do website, but best be quick: http://www.wearewhatwedo.org/bag-shop/
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |