Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

mineral makeup for pale skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ina

Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
I just received my first order and am very happy with all my products. However, my skin is too light for the Bare Escentuals loose foundation in #1(fair). Crying or Very sad
I chose Bare Escentuals over Jane Iredale because their lightest shade is bisque and in the picture it looks much darker than my skin. I would like some advice from anyone who knows about these two makeup lines and could tell me if Jane Iredale bisque is darker than Bare Escentuals #1. I have read previous posts and from what I understood about Jane Iredale is that the pressed mineral powder base appears lighter on skin than the loose powder foundation. Still, I do not think this would be light enough for me and would love to get some help.
Thanks Smile
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 2:17 am      Reply with quote
Hi Ina! I use jane iredale pressed base and I love it Smile

The best way to match is apparently to find a therapist in you area, you can find one on the websitewww.janeiredale.com it also gives you lots of information on which colour to choose (light or dark complexsion, warm or cool and it helps you identify)

Do visit her site for info before ordering off EDS as its cheaper here.

hope that helps a bit!
Mabsy

Fri Jul 30, 2004 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Ina,

In the meantime, since you already have the #1, you could try to mix this with mineral veil to make it lighter perhaps? Just a thought.

Mabsy
Ina

Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanx Littlebo and mabsy. Very Happy
I am already experimenting with my mineral veil. As for the Jane Iredale site, I can't believe I did not check it earlier. Great advice! I found a spa in my area that carries their line and will go check it out. Like you said, they are more expensive, but I can always order my stuff from here once I know my color.
Thanx so much
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've gone back and forth between Bare Minerals and Jane Iredale (pressed powder).

I'm 60 years and do have a few wrinkles under the eyes. I seem to find that Jane Iredale pressed powder settles into the wrinkles LESS than Bare Minerals and gives me a smoother look, while still giving good coverage.

It's definitely more expensive than Bare Minerals, but I need to do everything I can to look as young as possible!
JUDY

5% products discount

Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Another company that sells a mineral foundation is Philosophy. I have never tried their cosmetics but am thinking about trying them next time. I don't know if their Neutral is any lighter than BE's #1, but if you're interested, here is the link.

http://philosophy.com/ProductList.jsp?category=philcat0331
clin1202
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
I find that Jane Iredale Bisque is lighter than BE #1. JI Bisque is actually lighter than most line's lightest shade, including Mineral Secrets, Pur Minerals, Youngblood, Laura Mercier..
System
Automatic Message
Wed May 08, 2024 11:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |