Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Question regarding V-Beam for broken capillaries
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sassy180
5% products discount

Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:09 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies,
I had v-beam done 3 weeks ago for broken capillaries on my face and it didn't do a thing for me. Not even a little bit of improvement, nothing. It actually made my capillaries worse. Did anybody have a similar experience? Are some people just not good candidates for the v-beam? Do you need a few treatments to see any improvement? The doctor's office did use the newer version it's called v-beam perfecta, didn't hurt at all. Please share your experience with this type of laser. TIA.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
Quite a coincidence to see this post, as I just today got back from Bangkok where I had Vbeam laser done on some capillaries on my upper abdomen, just two days ago. The derm assured me there would only be slight redness which would disappear in an hour, however two days later I still have red rash-like marks in that area...blah!
So too soon to see what the result will be, but I'm hoping the capillaries will be gone when the red subsides. Will report back later....
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Quite a coincidence to see this post, as I just today got back from Bangkok where I had Vbeam laser done on some capillaries on my upper abdomen, just two days ago. The derm assured me there would only be slight redness which would disappear in an hour, however two days later I still have red rash-like marks in that area...blah!
So too soon to see what the result will be, but I'm hoping the capillaries will be gone when the red subsides. Will report back later....

I believe it will be the case. I went for an consultation for IPL to treat my broken cap and I was told that I will expect to see the treated area darkens a bit and possibly scalp afterwards. It will eventually fade but I couldn't remember the timeline the derm mentioned. For after treatment care, a couple things you need follow strictly: 1. Use sunscreen 2. Wash face gently in not so hot water and avoid any exfoliation. 3. Do a good job in keep the area hydrated.
If you still have concerns you should try to contact the professional who treated you. They would have better sense of whether what you experience is common or not.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:12 pm      Reply with quote
Im curious to know what causes this problem. Did the consultant mention this Question
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="simran"]Im curious to know what causes this problem. Did the consultant mention this Question[/quote]

I only remember something like the capillaries would first expand after receiving the strong light energy then melt away after a while.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm not worried about the red marks, which are still there but fading, and I'm guessing in two more days they should be gone. She probably used too high a setting or was too enthusiastic in her zapping.

I'm just glad it was on my body, not my face. A few days of red blotches probably wouldn't bother me if I was expecting it, rather than being told there would be no "down time", so I could plan the timing accordingly. (I had a date that night!)

In the areas where the red has mostly faded the capillaries do seem to have disappeared, but will report back in a couple days.

Some years back I did have laser for capillaries on my face and got a really good result and with virtually no down time, slightly red face for an hour or two, then looked as normal. But I can't remember what kind of laser that was. Also, it could be just the skill of the operator rather than the kind of laser.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Update - My previous estimate of 2 days for all red to fade was unfortunately not correct. I’ve still got a few light red blotches in the treated areas (10 days now), however the capillaries do seem to be gone, so far as I can see. When the red patches eventually disappear it looks like I’ll get a good result but I wouldn’t have been happy if this was done on my face. My skin is really quite tough and can take almost anything and recover quickly, so for those with sensitive skin the after effects may be worse.

As stated previously, it may not be the V-beam that was the problem, but rather the operator, although she’s seemed quite competent in the past.

I’ve had capillaries/spider veins in the same area (just below the bra line) treated previously in the same Bangkok hospital by a different doctor with Coolglide laser and the “after effects” definitely did not last as long. Not sure why I get problem capillaries in this area, maybe wearing underwire bras that are too tight? Anyway, I just wanted them gone, and I “think” they are, for the time being at least.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |