Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
NFL's Michael Vick - Dog Fighting Cruelty Petition
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
This has sickened me to the stomach - not only fighting dogs, but testing them by hanging, drowning, etc, then electrocuting them for not performing well enough. If it upsets you too, and you believe this player should be suspended, which the NFL are currently refusing to do, then please click on the link and send a message to the NFL to let them know how you feel:

https://community.hsus.org/campaign/US_2007_dogfighting_nfl2/wi8snuwzod5jwnj?

"Late yesterday, a federal grand jury indicted NFL star quarterback Michael Vick and three cohorts on felony dogfighting charges. It’s the latest disturbing news in a case that The Humane Society of the United States has assisted with since the alleged cruelties came to light in Virginia last April.

I hope you will take action today to urge the NFL to suspend Michael Vick indefinitely.

The abuses described in the 19-page indictment are almost beyond belief:

In or about March of 2003, PEACE [one of Vick’s co-defendants], after consulting with VICK about the losing female pit bull's condition, executed the losing dog by wetting the dog down with water and electrocuting the animal.

In or about April 2007, PEACE, PHILLIPS, and VICK executed approximately 8 dogs that did not perform well in "testing" sessions...by various methods, including hanging, drowning, and slamming at least one dog's body to the ground."

The NFL expressed “disappointment” and said yesterday that “we believe that all concerned should allow the legal process to determine the facts.”

Well, that’s just not good enough. These acts were not petty or harmless; they were nothing short of gruesome and barbaric. And there is precedent for a suspension: Other NFL players, such as Pacman Jones and Chris Henry, have been suspended while they awaited trial and before they were convicted. Please contact the NFL today and urge the league to suspend Michael Vick.

Thank you for all you do for animals.

Sincerely,

Wayne Pacelle
President & CEO
The Humane Society of the United States"
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Disgusting. I just sent the e-mail. I hope that they do suspend him.

Tina
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I signed this petition as soon as HSUS sent it to me--- I'm absolutely disgusted by this. I plan on calling NFL's voice mail today and giving them a piece of my mind as well!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:35 am      Reply with quote
I can't possibly put in words how disgusted I am. Today I will take measures to voice my opinion on this matter.

Thanks for posting this for people that were not aware of the situation.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
He absolutely DISGUSTS me to the core Mad Mad
He's such a "tough" man hurting innocent animals.

What is really making me sad is the day b4 I heard about this I bought my son a pair of Vicks football shoes - I'm debating on encouraging my 10 yr olds temper tantrum and taking them back. I don't want to put anymore $ in this sicko's pocket.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Well this inspires nothing short of white-hot rage. I am furious. I hope that everyone acts. Pass it on to everyone you know. Thanks, majorb for bringing this forward.
puds
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
That's absolutely disgusting! I signed that email and included that I'll boycott any NFL merchandise until they fire him. Geez, what some people do for "entertainment" is really beyond me.

Like my momma said, you can tell a lot about a person by how they deal with animals, children and flat tires. This guy as an absolute loser by my standards.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Guys, I'm going to post a message here that may seem contriversial. Listen, I AM an animal lover and have owned and still own cats virtaully my entire life.

BUT, this is just an INDICTMENT! Where, has he been proven GUILTY beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers?? Until Michael Vick has been proven guilty, I'm not going to say one word about the guy, and I'm surely not going to ask his employer to fire him or put him on suspension.

Remember, this is the USA. Innocent, until proven guilty.

...and, I have to admit, being from Virginia Tech, my school too, has a little to do with it. After Cho's mass murder there, I'm really sensitive to any problems surrounding Va Tech in any way.

Keep an open mind people until all the evidence has been heard...

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
John C. Hill wrote:
Guys, I'm going to post a message here that may seem contriversial. Listen, I AM an animal lover and have owned and still own cats virtaully my entire life.

BUT, this is just an INDICTMENT! Where, has he been proven GUILTY beyond a reasonable doubt by a jury of his peers?? Until Michael Vick has been proven guilty, I'm not going to say one word about the guy, and I'm surely not going to ask his employer to fire him or put him on suspension.

...and, I have to admit, being from Virginia Tech, my school too, has a little to do with it. After Cho's mass murder there, I'm really sensitive to any problems surrounding Va Tech in any way.

John

link to the indictment: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vick20070717-2.pdf

If you take the time to read it, the evidence for these charges are extremely strong. I don't need the "nod" by an American jury to convict him, given how easily American juries can be taken in by celebrity. Remember how the starstruck American juries found the likes of OJ, Robert Blake and Michael Jackson innocent?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
John C. Hill wrote:

John

link to the indictment: http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/vick20070717-2.pdf

If you take the time to read it, the evidence for these charges are extremely strong. I don't need the "nod" by an American jury to convict him, given how easily American juries can be taken in by celebrity. Remember how the starstruck American juries found the likes of OJ, Robert Blake and Michael Jackson innocent?

Athena, thanks for that link. I read it, and am more disgusted than ever. The "people" involved with this are just sub-human! John C. Hill, I hope this is enough "proof" for you.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link about Vick losing many of his endorsements:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19834805/

Why is Nike still endorsing him?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Normally I'd agree with you, John, but the evidence against this man is irrefutable.
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I’m definitely not a dog lover but some so-called humans truly disgust me.

I had a look at the indictment on the link above, and while I’m not familiar with US criminal indictments and how they work, I’m surprised there’s only one count/charge of “conspiracy to travel..etc”, what with all the detail listed. No charges related to animal cruelty? Or illegal gambling? Maybe there’s no such criminal offences in that US state?

Well, whatever, but if this person was involved in these acts, maybe, just maybe, he’ll get to experience a few personal “dog fights” of his own in prison. What goes around comes around ...
annie313
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
I heard on ESPN that Nike will not release his shoes in August.Good move, who would buy them? He's been doing this since his college days to make money. He's totally disgusting. I hope his buddies give him up and testify against him.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
I hope some people here will, if they didn't know much about it, will be willing to look into how the meat and poultry they consume is raised.

The suffering caused to living things by factory-farming is arguably on par with that for which Vick is responsible.
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
I just sent an email to the NFL commish - thanks for the link. I'm also going to call the NFL public relations number: 1-212-450-2000.

I have an 11 yr old yellow lab who is like my 4th child. My "white hot rage" at this inhuman "thing" is becoming incendiary Mad

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mad There is no excuse for this behavior.
I have sent the link to everyone I know.
Suspension is a slap on the hand.
If he can mistreat an animal in that manner he is in need of treatment.It has been reported that people who can kill,maim,torture animals have a high probability to harm people.
Steaming
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
I also forwarded this link (the HS petition) to about 20 people. We'll beat this creep yet Bad Grin

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
skin care addict wrote:
Mad ....If he can mistreat an animal in that manner he is in need of treatment.It has been reported that people who can kill,maim,torture animals have a high probability to harm people.
Steaming

I couldn't agree more skin care - too many serial killers got their start torturing their pets before they "moved up" to humans.

athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
I hope some people here will, if they didn't know much about it, will be willing to look into how the meat and poultry they consume is raised.

The suffering caused to living things by factory-farming is arguably on par with that for which Vick is responsible.

I remember after the first time I read The Jungle; I was unable to eat meat for about 6 months. I've NEVER been able to eat veal again after seeing a veal ranch when I lived in Oregon.

While I can agree that visiting a chicken or ranch and the slaughterhouses necessary to stock our grocery stores is enough to put people off of meat, this is NOT on par. There's a big difference between food and sport and an even bigger difference between livestock and pets. I imagine vegetarians probably feel that eating chicken and beef is just as revolting as I find the idea of people who actually eat dog and cat.

Market demand has lead to raising beef, chicken and pork in a much more humane way and that's why I shop for free-range, organic meat. At least the lives of livestock are better in the open than in those horrible crowded cages and filthy living conditions.

skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Athena,
I live in Oregon and was shocked also.Never will order Veal.
I respect those who don't eat meat.
I heard that there are people protesting outside Nike Headquarters.
Shamefully craving a cheeseburger & fries.
Linda
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't think I need to repeat how disturbing this is Sad
Netflix offers a movie with dog fighting in it that I think needs to be pulled:
"from the Street Heat DVD magazine, you'll experience even more ground-zero action from the hood, including an up-close and personal view of the madness inside the dog pit. It's a collection of urban carnage that's suitable only for the strongest of stomachs."

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Street_Heat_Hood_Fights_Vol._2/70048249?mqso=70002140

Not only are there people out there fighting dogs...there are people with money promoting it!?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
Great news! The owner of the Falcons was prepared to suspend him until the NFL commish ordered Vick NOT to report to training camp. Hopefully they'll find out how well they can do without such a coward and drop him. And Nike suspended the release of his line although it'll be much better when we hear they've dropped him too!

If there is such a thing as reincarcation, I can only hope he'll come back in his next life as a pit bull.

majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, athena. That is good news, for sure.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
AWESOME news! Thanks Athena!!!

Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |