Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
iPhone anyone?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has an iphone and what they think about it?
I'm desperate to get my hands on one but live in the UK and they're not here yet. Are they still selling out in the US?
All opinions greatly received...
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
My son wants one but he has to wait until I decide to give it a whirl as he has the dreaded OC syndrome (only child, so if the parent has it the child wants it). A few of his friends in college have it and absolutely love it, but they love new colorful gadgets like racoons do. The jury is still out with me, although I love the look, I hate to change technology (I've yet to try TIVO). They say it is very easy to use, but a few minor glitches. Hope to hear what others who have it think.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I have one and I LOOOOOVE it!!!
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
Apparently it's coming out in the UK in time for Christmas. I'm wondering if I got one from the US could I put my UK sim card in it and use it Confused
Those of you who love it, can I ask why? It'll only make me want one even more though...
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am      Reply with quote
My friend got one and boy is he ticked off about the battery announcement.

Turns out the phone only lasts 300-400 charges and then the battery has to be replaced...meaning you have to send it in and pay 80 bucks for them to change it. The kicker? They have free battery replacement during the first year, but with regular use it won't have to be changed until the second year...meaning it is not covered under warranty.

Nope...not a happy camper! And the battery announcement came too late for people to return the phone. He'll get over it though. He's got a new toy. Smile Though I'm figuring since he could even afford to pay that amount for a cell phone, 80 bucks won't matter when it comes down to it! Laughing

I'd like to have one at some point, but will wait until the price comes down and hopefully they branch out to other cell phone companies. Between my husband and I we have all three varieties of ipods (shuffle, Nano and Video, one came free with the desktop) so the ipod feature isn't that appealing to me...but the other features look nifty!
However to get one I would have to pay almost 200 bucks in cancellation fees only to turn around and pay 500-600 for a new phone with another company. I'd rather buy an Louis Vuitton handbag... oh good grief I'm vain! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I read a bunch of the reviews of these and first I wanted one but then upon reading more details, I thought I didn't - until I played with a friend's brand-new one. Now I'm smitten. The main thing for me is being able to use a real web browser, instead of a crappy Mobile Web 2.0 reduced-capacity one - that alone makes me want it. I've never had an iPod either - I got an LG Chocolate which has been positively the WORST phone I have ever owned, even with its MP3 capacity (which I almost never use because the interface is so very crappy and counterintuitive). The iPhone is super-great technology, but I'm waiting for the next version since I don't want to pay a contract cancellation fee - I think by then they probably will have fixed some of the silly little things that people are complaining about, like not being able to use your own ringtones, or having to switch to a different keyboard for characters like periods and question marks. I imagine the whole UI will only get better, so I'm just going to hold out until that happens. But I do really, really want one after having toyed with it - it's more intuitive to use than I thought it would be, and it's smaller and lighter than I thought it would be too. So sexy!

But Paris, I keep hearing it's not likely that they'll be branching out to other carriers, apparently AT&T has some sort of exclusivity contract... don't know how long that lasts, but the people on whom I rely for the inside techie scoop said it's not likley that you'll be able to get them with another provider for the next DECADE. Embarassed Not sure how accurate that is, but thought I'd pass it along!

That sucks about the battery, BTW. But I guess if you can pay $600 for a phone and $60 a month minimum for service, you can afford a new battery. Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
Sounds like no iPhone for me Sad ...I hate AT&T's service here. It's absolutely terrible. I read in Business News or Week or whatever that AT&T is the number one company for customer complaints. I have friends that adore AT&T but not down here...they were all back home. No company is perfect, but I'll stick with my Verizon for now. Not worth switching for crappy service, no matter how cool the phone is!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 11:13 am      Reply with quote
I totally agree about the phone not being worth it if you're stuck with crappy service - though we're lucky that AT&T has decent coverage here in Seattle. But what *I* don't get is WTH happened with them and Cingulair? When that merger first happened a few years ago, I switched to T-Mobile because most of my friends got better service through them, and I have an inherent distrust of mergers (things always go wrong with stuff like that). But I got about the same level of service with T-Mobile as with AT&T, and I eventually switched to Verizon and I'm not really sure any one was better than the other. The only thing I notice is that with Verizon I can talk in elevators longer, haha. Not that I approve of doing so, if you're not alone. But i see that I don't lose service in elevators and garages as easily with Verizon.

Anyway. I guess my point is - why did AT&T go back to being AT&T, after they became Cingulair? Does anyone else find that weird or fishy or unprofessional? And does anyone know if they've made any changes or improvements to their coverage since they're now "the new AT&T"? It seems like they're trying to come off as if they've made big changes, but I haven't heard anything specific. I would think they would need to hurry up and improve if they don't want to alienate a customer base like you, Paris! I wonder if they've gotten better or are just incapable of making a decision about their name. Smile

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Rachael
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I read a bunch of the reviews of these and first I wanted one but then upon reading more details, I thought I didn't - until I played with a friend's brand-new one. Now I'm smitten. The main thing for me is being able to use a real web browser, instead of a crappy Mobile Web 2.0 reduced-capacity one - that alone makes me want it. I've never had an iPod either - I got an LG Chocolate which has been positively the WORST phone I have ever owned, even with its MP3 capacity (which I almost never use because the interface is so very crappy and counterintuitive). The iPhone is super-great technology, but I'm waiting for the next version since I don't want to pay a contract cancellation fee - I think by then they probably will have fixed some of the silly little things that people are complaining about, like not being able to use your own ringtones, or having to switch to a different keyboard for characters like periods and question marks. I imagine the whole UI will only get better, so I'm just going to hold out until that happens. But I do really, really want one after having toyed with it - it's more intuitive to use than I thought it would be, and it's smaller and lighter than I thought it would be too. So sexy!

But Paris, I keep hearing it's not likely that they'll be branching out to other carriers, apparently AT&T has some sort of exclusivity contract... don't know how long that lasts, but the people on whom I rely for the inside techie scoop said it's not likley that you'll be able to get them with another provider for the next DECADE. Embarassed Not sure how accurate that is, but thought I'd pass it along!

That sucks about the battery, BTW. But I guess if you can pay $600 for a phone and $60 a month minimum for service, you can afford a new battery. Laughing

Interesting...so my next question is...how long till the next version will be out? I watched the user guide on the apple website and noticed there that you couldn't use your own ringtones, but I just thought I'd made a mistake. That seems quite a basic feature not to have on a phone.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
Rachael wrote:

Interesting...so my next question is...how long till the next version will be out? I watched the user guide on the apple website and noticed there that you couldn't use your own ringtones, but I just thought I'd made a mistake. That seems quite a basic feature not to have on a phone.

I know, right? I feel like they think they can get away with skimping on basic features like that, because they're Apple. But you'd think the people who invented the friggin' iPod would figure out that their user base likes music, and personalized music-related features. Go figure.

I'm not sure when the next one will come out, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were only a year from now. And given that I have exactly one year left on my Verizon contract, I'm pleased with that estimate, true or not. Smile

charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am really happy with mine. The timing was right for me since I was in the market for a new phone.
Here's what I love about it:

1. It's a phone, internet access, ipod, and camera all in one device.

2. It has a fabulous calendar in it.

3. I love the weather feature. You set the cities you want on it and each time you flip to it , it updates the weather with graphics. So if it's raining in NYC you'll see rain on your screen. All with one touch.

4. It has a stocks feature that is updated every 20 minutes.

5. A one touch map feature complete with a satellite. Also if you plug in where you are going it shows whether is traffic or not.

6. Plus it has text messaging, a one touch You Tube button, clock (world, alarm, stopwatch and timer), calculator, and notepad.

Not to mention it's really colorful and fun to use! A lot of the stuff is uneccesary extras, but having it all in one is really nice. It's so easy to use. I did not know about the battery issue and the ringtone issue is there but I am still really pleased with this. No regrets for me!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
charis wrote:

2. It has a fabulous calendar in it.

Do you find that it's pretty easy to syn with another calendar application online? I've been saying for years that I was holding off on buying a fancy-schmancy device until they had something that could function as an email/texter, phone, and PDA/calendar app/address book in one. Seems like this might be it (not to mention the web browsing and music!) but I really want to make sure the calendar interface is easy to use, and that's the one thing I didn't get to explore since I didn't want to poke around in my iPod owning friend's personal schedule, haha. Do you find it pretty accessible, and do you sync up with an online-based calendar, and if so, which one and how easy is the process? Sorry to bombard you, but this is one I'm really curious about! (And I'd PM you but I figure other people might be curious too, since this isn't an app that gets as much buzz/coverage as the other features). Thanks!

violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
My boyfriend wants an iphone; every so often he'll say, "baby, will you buy me an iphone," and I'll say, "you buy me something that costs $600 first, then I'll buy you an iphone." Really, I don't think I'd want one simply because it's At&T. Also, I have an ipod.

My BF said they're already developing a nano iphone. Maybe it'll be cheaper...
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Ginnieliz, this may not work out for you. I have been loving the calendar for personal use, just straight off of the iphone (not on the computer). When you plug in the iphone to the computer, it does NOT come up on your screen. Our law firm (I'm an attorney) has been working this past week on networking with it - we've hit glitches and haven't gotten this to work. We tried Outlook, which does work if 1 person is using it, but it won't network. So, for personal use it's great but for networking we're still working on this. I hope this made sense. If anyone else know more, please chime in.
Mabsy

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I badly want one and was a tad upset that I left the US just a few days before it got released. Nonetheless, I would not be able to use it here and I don't think it's due to come out till 2008 in Australia. Off to the US in a week or so, so at least I will get to play with the darn thing (a friend has one) and decide exactly HOW badly I need one.... Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:50 am      Reply with quote
I have not checked, I wonder if it is out in Canada yet?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |