Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Where to go for facials in Hong Kong?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going to HK soon and would like to know where its best to have my first ever facial in HK. Somewhere in Kowloon that's affordable but professional! I dont want to walk out of there looking worse than before Wink

And whilst we're on the topic of HK, how do you ask for extractions? I mean, I'm sure they know English but I want to know the word in Cantonese.

TIA Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
Sorry, yeahyeah, can't help you with a recommendation on Kowloon side.

Not getting facials at the moment, but in the past I've used and liked the Beautiful Skin Centre for CACI and microdermabrasion. At least all their staff have proper qualifications/experience.

There are some highly suspect small salons in HK, as there's no regulation of the "therapists". The owner may be a 21 year old who has just attended a few hours "beauty therapy" course, then set up a salon with help from her wealthy boyfriend. If you're not familiar with the salon, you really should check their qualifications. Hopefully someone here can help you with a recommenation. Smile
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Sorry, yeahyeah, can't help you with a recommendation on Kowloon side.

Not getting facials at the moment, but in the past I've used and liked the Beautiful Skin Centre for CACI and microdermabrasion. At least all their staff have proper qualifications/experience.

There are some highly suspect small salons in HK, as there's no regulation of the "therapists". The owner may be a 21 year old who has just attended a few hours "beauty therapy" course, then set up a salon with help from her wealthy boyfriend. If you're not familiar with the salon, you really should check their qualifications. Hopefully someone here can help you with a recommenation. Smile

Yeah, watching the HK news for the past year or so, there's been many reports of women going to salons having some kind of treatment done but ending up with their face burnt. And in HK, sometimes those qualifications can be fake as well.

I think I'm going to have to really research on the HK salons and how it is regulated.

Thanks anyway!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
By the way appletini, I dont know whether you've seen the thread on salon tipping in the Lounge, but how much should you tip in HK?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
By the way appletini, I dont know whether you've seen the thread on salon tipping in the Lounge, but how much should you tip in HK?

Well, I haven't had any facials lately, but at my hairdressers I usually tip my stylist HK100 and the junior who shampoos me HK50. (A cut costs around 700 at the salon I go to)

Tipping practices seem to vary greatly in HK, from nothing at all to extravagant, and I might not be the best person to ask as I'm known for my erratic tipping habits. I have given a taxi driver $100 for a short $15 fare, simply because he was playing a song I liked and turned the volume way up when requested Laughing Laughing
On the other hand, I have no problem leaving no tip if service is not good.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
Oh woah, the tip you give to your stylist can pay for my cut!!!

Bet the taxi driver thought you were some kind of celebrity to tip him that much for the short ride Laughing

But I know what you mean about tipping. I mean in some places the waiters are so rude!
And I dont know why, but in the restaurants, the waiters never leave the bill on the table, so I have to quickly fumble for my purse and when they come back to give you the change, they're still holding the bill so I cant decide in my own time how much to tip them Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Bet the taxi driver thought you were some kind of celebrity to tip him that much for the short ride Laughing

Nah, he probably just thought I was drunk ... I had had a few cocktails Laughing
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Nah, he probably just thought I was drunk ... I had had a few cocktails Laughing

Yeah and there's that possibility too Laughing , to rip off the poor drunken lady that thought the $100 bill's a $20

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
Hi yeahyeah, Very Happy

The facial/ spa services in hotels are usually costly. I used to go to one facial house in the below address:
Name: Karisma Institute
Address: UG floor, Fisherman’s wharf, Hung Hom, Kowloon
Tel: 852-26887777

This is the website of Fisherman’s wharf : www.ckh-fishermanswharf.com/

* Fisherman wharf is a shopping arcade (but not much to shop!) in a grand residential area called “Laguna Verde” You could print out the Chinese name and address from the above website.

It takes about 15mins by cab from Tsim Sha Tsui area to this facial house.

They use Sothys products. For facial treatments, the cost really depends on what treatment you’d like to have. It could be as lower as HK$500. Most treatments are below $1000.

They do not have spa but have pretty nice body massage, using essential oils. You could choose Alquvmia massage oil. (I am not sure if it is the correct spelling Razz , it is a famous Spanish brand)

HTH!!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Thats great, thanks chorally!

I've never tried sothys products...are the esteiticains (sp?) qualified though?

5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Check out Kuush facials in Sense of Touch, central Hong Kong. They are very Professional there and win awards for best day spa etc.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi YeahYeah, I remember going to this La Prairie Institute many years ago which was in TST east but i agree with appletini on the Beautiful Skin Centre. Also if you like Dermalogica products there is Leornard Drake there official Pan-Asian distributor/beauty salon where all the therapists are very well qualifyed.

As for extractions it's "Jeet hark tou" as in "squeeze blackhead" HTH
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
missmia wrote:
Hi YeahYeah, I remember going to this La Prairie Institute many years ago which was in TST east but i agree with appletini on the Beautiful Skin Centre. Also if you like Dermalogica products there is Leornard Drake there official Pan-Asian distributor/beauty salon where all the therapists are very well qualifyed.

As for extractions it's "Jeet hark tou" as in "squeeze blackhead" HTH

Yeah, I thought there was a more nicer way of saying it cos asking the estetician to squeeze my blackheads seems a bit gross!

I have checked out the Beautiful Skin Centre and they're response is super quick so I might go there, though they dont really have much choice except for Elemis, Dermalogica (which I dont really like, their stuff breaks me out) and Murad.

Kitten---Do you have any idea about how much the Kuush facials cost?

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |