Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
LED device for Acne, fine lines, and spider veins?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
skinfanatic
5% products discount

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, I been reading about the different Light therapy devices, and I'm wondering if there if one that is great for acne, fine lines on forehead and spider veins on the leg area. Not sure if this would require two machines, or if one machine could do all three things. It sounds like the Baby Q didn't do that much for acne. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
skinfanatic wrote:
Hi everyone, I been reading about the different Light therapy devices, and I'm wondering if there if one that is great for acne, fine lines on forehead and spider veins on the leg area. Not sure if this would require two machines, or if one machine could do all three things. It sounds like the Baby Q didn't do that much for acne. Any advice would be much appreciated.

My daughter uses my Baby Q to help with breakouts. From my understanding you need the blue light for acne. While the regular light therapy helps blue light is recommended.

For fine lines, wrinkles, spider veins the Baby Q does make my face look plumper and younger if I use it consistently. My spider veins look a little lighter. I am not disappointed at all I purchased the Baby Q. It worked wonders for my post op ankle pain Very Happy . The key with light therapy and skin IMO is consistency. Unfortunately I have not used my Baby Q like directed Bad Grin .

This is a very long thread with some good information:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15282

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using BQ for good 6 months now. I have to say that it didn't do anything for my acne, even though I used it as recommended (daily use for good 10 - 12 weeks). Now I use it once to twice weekly and i like what it does for my lines and my overall complexion - my skin tone is bit more even, and it seems to shrinks my pores a bit.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Yes, blue light is recommended for acne.

The red light is more for refinement of skin lines, etc. (cell regeneration)

Try putting "light therapy" into an Ebay search. There is a handheld device sold on Ebay for a low price that has 3-in-1 light options. There are also people selling light arrays with multiple options. This might be a good place to start.

I'd have to do more research to figure out more tech specifics regarding the best therapeutic wavelengths for different purposes. Ah, technology Smile You could probably get some basic info about wavelengths, etc. at: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Light_therapy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 2:32 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
My daughter uses my Baby Q to help with breakouts. From my understanding you need the blue light for acne. While the regular light therapy helps blue light is recommended.

For fine lines, wrinkles, spider veins the Baby Q does make my face look plumper and younger if I use it consistently. My spider veins look a little lighter. I am not disappointed at all I purchased the Baby Q. It worked wonders for my post op ankle pain Very Happy . The key with light therapy and skin IMO is consistency. Unfortunately I have not used my Baby Q like directed Bad Grin

The Blue light is the one you have to be careful to remember to use eye protection as it can damage your eyes.

I went the cheaper route with Lightstim and I love the unit. You do have to have a routine to have continued results.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I think I recall discussing veins with James at the company that makes Baby Q and that the device won't do much for leg veins. He did say it could help with hair growth.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |