Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
kuush skincare- world's only filler and preservative free
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
"Kuush is the world's only filler and preservative free complete skin, body and spa care range in line with the natural science of the body." Quoted from http://www.kuush.com.au

Does anyone use this brand?
Found it when I was online searching for spas in HK.

Apparently their products are free from carcinogens, petrochemicals, synthetic ingredients, animal products or preservatives. But they dont have their prices listed on their website.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Yeahyeah, this looks like a beautiful range. I love the sound of the ingredients here and would be interested in finding out more about prices and places to purchase it from. I do believe that Australian brands sometimes are far ahead of others in terms of being natural. I also like the fact that they do some products with essential oils and some without and clearly mark which is which. It is not the only brand without fillers and preservatives that I know of. Take a look at my post Nude Skincare - a new natural brand with a difference. There is a link to the website and this brand is also free from fillers and parabens, but it is quite expensive.
kitten
5% products discount

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Hi there! I actually use Kuush and it is unbelievable. You mentioned Nude Skin Care but it still contains filler. I don't know what preservatives they use but Kuush has devised a way to formulate their products which took them over a decade, so they don't need to use any preservatives at all. Yes, their products are dearer than a lot of others, but you are getting pure quality, which is 100% active pure ingredients. No fillers means you are not paying for useless ingredients. Kuush has just been certified No C02 as well, meaning they are showing responsible action for helping reduce the carbon footprints on the earth, creating a better future for all. I am in Australia, so I can only tell you where I purchase Kuush from here. Where are you all located? Perhaps you could email them? I have done so before and they have been really great in responding.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Kitten, thanks for your input on Kuush. Great to hear from someone who has used the range. How can you be so familiar with the ingredients of Nude Skincare - it has only just been launched here in the UK - have you had a look at the ingredient lists? I could not see any fillers when I had a quick look at the ingredient list, but I am no expert. I noticed that the product was absorbed rapidly by my skin and felt different to anything else on the market. I think they use phenoxyethanol as a preservative. I am based in the UK and would love to take a closer look at the Kuush products, it would be great to see an ingredient list for a moisturizer for example. I have googled Kuush skincare on UK sites only and nothing came up which I believe suggests it is not available here...
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Yes there doesnt seem to be much info on Kuush, which is a shame cos it seems like such a good all natural skin care line. I only came across it whilst looking up this website: http://www.senseoftouch.com.hk/ which sells Kuush products in their spa, but its in Hong Kong.

There really isnt that much info on Kuush, well internationally anyway. I guess we need all the Australian EDS girls to find out more! Very Happy

I really want to know the prices of their products but I cant seem to search for it anywhere. Maybe it doesnt have the price listed on their website cos they dont sell direct to consumers, they only trade business to business???

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I never heard of this brand, and can't seem to find its web site either. I wonder how much it will cost? I hope it won't be too expensive.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
Hmmm, another website with too much hype and not enough real information that's making my BS radar start to tingle. Laughing The claim that they're the only line in the world that doesn't use any kind of preservative is specious at best and why aren't ingredients and prices provided?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
It does seem very suspicious, but as I suggested before, it might be that they dont sell direct to customers, they may only distribute to salons and special stores Confused

But it does get to me when they dont post the ingredients on their website. I mean, Im no expert in the ingredients but I always do a search on Paula Begeon ingredients dictionary.

Hopemelody- this is their website---
http://www.kuush.com.au
Its based in Australia.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
Guys, no need to be so suspicious. Imagine if you had spent years to develop something so unique - would you put it ALL on the website for everyone to view or would you be careful about who you disclosed your hard efforts to? I know I would be careful personally as that is normal. There are a lot of copycats out there quite happy to take advantage of someone elses hard work.
Now - the reason I know about skin care companies & ingredients etc (don't remember who it was that asked me) is that I work in the industry and I have to know. It keeps me in a job Smile
The magic thing with Kuush is that they tell the truth and are not out to saturate the market with their products in every store. It is intended just for the people with the same standards. Well done I say.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:53 pm      Reply with quote
Kitten, do you work for that magical company called Kuush ?
kitten
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
Do I sense a touch of sarcasm?

I wouldn't mind if I did work for them. Perhaps you have not seen other brands I have talked about??? Rolling Eyes
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:18 am      Reply with quote
kitten wrote:
Guys, no need to be so suspicious. Imagine if you had spent years to develop something so unique - would you put it ALL on the website for everyone to view or would you be careful about who you disclosed your hard efforts to? I know I would be careful personally as that is normal. There are a lot of copycats out there quite happy to take advantage of someone elses hard work.
Now - the reason I know about skin care companies & ingredients etc (don't remember who it was that asked me) is that I work in the industry and I have to know. It keeps me in a job Smile
The magic thing with Kuush is that they tell the truth and are not out to saturate the market with their products in every store. It is intended just for the people with the same standards. Well done I say.

OK, Australian EDS member here weighing in on this topic. I am in Sydney, and no, I hadn't heard of Kuush before reading about it on EDS!

I strongly believe the word "magic" should be separated from skincare AT ALL TIMES. (But I do happen to LOVE "magic" in the Harry Potter books and movies).

The laws in Australia regarding FULL disclosure of skincare product ingredients are no different from that of USA, i.e. you are breaking the law in Australia if you sell skincare without that listing! Kitten, if you know the people who run Kuush, you should advise them that there are provisions in the Trade Practices Act and Fair Trading Act which are very very specific about this.

What do these people define as "filler" exactly? Is it distilled water in an emulsion (cream, lotion), since it typically constitutes 60% to 80% of such products? And what about carrier oils - are those fillers too?

Many potent active ingredients are in powder or crystalline form. You could not possibly apply this to your skin and expect penetration into the stratum corneum at all. They have to be dissolved, and then stabilised in a vehicle that will penetrate the skin.

Essential oils are active ingredients - would you apply these straight to your skin? Ditto lactic acid, etc. etc. etc.

EDS members, if you come across any vendors that refuse to list their product ingredients (and we are not talking percentages here, just product lists), don't walk, RUN IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION, and throw your hard-earned money somewhere else.

When it comes to skincare are no MAGIC vendors with MAGIC products. Our "BUY" decision should be based on what quality ingredients have been formulated into the product, not marketing spiel.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Oh boy, I've just been to their website and quote from them:

"Created purposely without water as we all know the way to hydrate skin is by drinking fresh pure water & eating fruits & vegetables. The skin cannot absorb water as such and it is therefore a useless ingredient in skin care. Imagine if your skin were able to absorb water - having a shower or going swimming would be interesting to say the least! The parts of the skin which can absorb water are the pads of the fingers and toes. They then wrinkle up to compensate for the increased surface area." http://www.kuush.com.au/aboutus.htm

These people are full of something, and it is obviously not water!
kitten
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:23 am      Reply with quote
I firmly believe you cannot raise the mentality of others nor educate a person past what they are capable of. All of that aside, it is unfortunate that there are people in the forum so willing to just undermine others. Sad life.

The up side is that there are many nice people here who are genuine.

I have also used Jurlique and Clarins.
Please enlighten the rest of us on them as well!
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Pheeewwww. I'm certainly glad we've moved away from Kuush to Jurlique and Clarins. Laughing Happy happy happy ....
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Actually, this line looks pretty interesting to me. I like that it contains no petrochemicals and no animal products. I'm not terribly worried that their ingredients aren't listed online--- even a lot of mainstream companies list their ingredients on their packaging but not online. The only downside is that it does not seem to be readily available outside of Austalia. Ladies in North America who are interested in trying all-natural, preservative-free products, I would highly recommend Zenbiotic.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I checked with US FDA some time ago and companies do not have to disclose their ingredients on line but many do in order to help the consumer. They are required to have the ingredients on the product.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
kitten wrote:
I firmly believe you cannot raise the mentality of others nor educate a person past what they are capable of. All of that aside, it is unfortunate that there are people in the forum so willing to just undermine others. Sad life....

Kitten, I'm definitely noting a little sarcasm here.... I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and hope you didn't really intend to insult our intellignce.

Some people actually CARE about what we use on the largest organ on our bodies; hence, the necessity to see ingredients. I understand that not everyone is an "ingredient" junkie, but for those of us who are, NOT including ingredients means that company won't get my business.

The health, beauty and cosmetics industry has a long history of hype, "miraculous cures" and snakeoil. A little healthy bit of skepticism and education on ingredients serves the consumer well in the quest for health and beauty. Or does the insistence on proof instead of taking it on "faith" mean our little ol' brains just can't handle any more information? Rolling Eyes

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
The Black Cohush line looks interesting.

I e-mailed them, looks like they will ship to Canada as well. Very Happy
kitten
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
You are right, many companies do not list their ingredients but I am sure if you emailed these companies they would let you know. I don't believe they are all hiding ingredients, just not disclosing everything online. There is a difference between not disclosing online and actually hiding.
No company has to list incidental ingredients - meaning if it is attached to another ingredient (like grape fruit seed extract for example - being preserved in a base of parabens) You would notice Grape fruit seed extract listed but not the paraben it is preserved in.

Germall and Germaben ll are other ways of using preservatives such as parabens and formaldehyde donors without spelling them out.

Each paraben is known by a common name such as Methylparaben and then it is also known by approx another 40-50 names. Plus then you have it included in Trade Names such as Germaben ll.

Have a good day all.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
kitten wrote:

Do they disclose their ingredients on their packaging so their customers know?
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
kitten wrote:
I firmly believe you cannot raise the mentality of others nor educate a person past what they are capable of. All of that aside, it is unfortunate that there are people in the forum so willing to just undermine others. Sad life......

I suppose you might say it is sad that I was only educated at university up to Master's degree level. I never felt capable of taking things up to PhD level. What about you kitten?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
athena123 wrote:
Hmmm, another website with too much hype and not enough real information that's making my BS radar start to tingle. Laughing

Mine is flashing like a strobe light Laughing

kitten wrote:
I actually use Kuush and it is unbelievable.

I have to agree Laughing
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Yeahyeah - if you’re wanting to try this line, purchasing from salons/spas in Hong Kong can be quite expensive, and I would definitely investigate other options. (I think you’re planning on visiting HK soon) It’s not always the salon’s fault, as some local distributors here charge the salons very high prices.

I remember some years back recommending EDS to an acquaintance who had her own small salon. She later told me EDS prices were way below what the local distributor was charging her, so she started ordering her stock for resale from EDS instead!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
I thought HK prices are quite cheap but I've never bought from a salon/spa.

EDS prices are certainly below RRP and its very wise that they want to resell the products! Well, I dont own a salon but I've done that a few times, only cos I found a sample after pruchasing the product so sold it off, and it worked out that I made a small profit or broke even with that transaction.

I've actually emailed the salon that sells Kuush and they're not sure about Kuush either cos its a new line that they're carrying but she said she'll keep me updated.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |