Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Copper peptides for anti aging?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gillian
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone use copper peptides and what do you think of them. I have looked at the website and it is very confusing. I would nearly be afraid to use them in case I have a bad reaction to them.

Any recommendations.

gillian
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Gillian,

The info on CPs can certainly can be confusing and overwhelming.

I find this page useful:

Overview of copper peptides www.platinumskincare.com/copper_overview.htm

I currently started using Dr. Pickard's GHK Copper Peptide Cream after reading much about copper peptides and talking to many - from what I've heard the GHK CPs (1st generation) avoid many of the potentially short term negative side effects (usually called "the uglies") and complexities of having to build up tolerance to 2nd generation CPs.

I ended up getting my GHK CP cream fromwww.dianayvonne.com becausewww.skinbio.com is overwhelmed (backordered at least 10 days).

It is recommended to take Vit. C internally (a gram) in addition to the CPs.

Here are the ingredient lists for the GHK serum and cream:

GHK Serum:
Purified water, aloe vera gel, hydroxyethylcellulose, GHK-Cu, allantoin, polysorbate-20, glycine, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, vitamin E, TBGS.

GHK Cream:
Purified water, aloe vera gel, squalane, octyl palmitate, glycerol stearate, PEG-100 stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, lavender oil, GHK-Cu, propylene glycol, allantoin, diazolinydinyl urea, methylparaben, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocopherols, mixed (alpha, beta, gamma, delta) tocotrienols, lutein, lycopene, ubiqunone (Co-Q10)

I'm glad I got the cream. I have dry skin so it helps. Plus, the lavender in the cream probably helps cover the chemically smell of the CPs. I got a sample of the CP Night Eyes and can smell the chemicals in that Sad

Hope that helps a bit. I'm sure others will post and also try doing a search here on the Forum as there is a lot of info & feedback already available.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
would i be able to use these creams under cellcosmet products. Do you apply the cp creams around your eyes.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I think you posted the same question in another thread.

You should be able to use them but I don't know the ingredients of the Cellcosmet products you are using. One rule of them: don't use topical Vit. C and copper peptides at the same time of application. Leave 8-12 hours between them as they can counteract one another.

GHK copper peptides should be okay around the eyes. Otherwise, I would get a CP product made especially for this area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
thanks
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Super GHK Serum for 7 weeks now. Yes, I've been counting. Laughing I absolutely love it!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
skincarefreak, what results have you gotten using the GHK and why do you love it?
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
supercarefreak I would also love to hear what changes you have noticed.

I have been using CPs for about 5 weeks and have noticed nothing!

I'd love to hear your feedback, TIA!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
A dear friend send me a sample of GHK Copper Serum. The consistency is lovely and I quite like it. I had just purchased Super CP Serum for the first time. In my case the Super CP is working out well. No UGLIES to speak of after a month of use. For the price difference I think I will stay with Super CP Serum.

To date (around 5-6 month Think) I am pleased that I have added CP's to my skin care routine. The results are slow but I am seeing a brighter, somewhat firmer complexion. Nothing drastic but visible to me.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,

The changes I've seen is smoother skin...the lines are diminishing and my acne scars are smaller. There is a glow and I think it's made my skin a little bit firmer. The great part about all of this is no more uglies! I think the Super GHK is great!
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:54 am      Reply with quote
I started using CP's about 3 years ago. I can't say that I've really seen any difference in my skin, even though I continue using them! Maybe it has prevented my skin from getting any worse. I am currently using the new GHK Serum nightly. When I wake up, my skin and lines look great, but that doesn't last.
There are many users who have been very happy using CP's from what I have read on other message boards. As for me, I am now looking at different products to totally redo my skin careregime.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying skincarefreak. I ordered the super GHK from Nanci, and once my obagi is finished, I definitely will use this!
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I was like you sitting on the side line reading and reading about CP's and very confused about picking something that will not dry my skin out and cause the uglies. I called skinbio and the customer service was not very good but finally a customer service rep told me to use P&R protect and restore cream. I still was not sure so I called Nancy at NCN who talked to me for a long time and told me to start with the 2nd generation CP's because they are the most effective. She told me to start slow one drop for each area of you face so total of 4 drops then put Emu oil on top. She also told me that if I have a reaction then call her and she will take the product back and I can start with the 1st generation. Naturally because of the customer service I ended up purchasing regular copper peptide serum from NCN. The shipment went out within hours of placing the order. I will post again once I have started using the product.
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I used CP serum and then Super CP serum for a couple of years. I didn't notice dramatic changes but they are fairly inexpensive so I continue to use them, alternatning with Vitamin C serum. I think I see more glow and firmness with the C serum than with the CPs. I will probably keep alternating since I don't want to miss out on a good thing!
gillian
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:10 am      Reply with quote
There are peptides in Janson Beckett products, are these the same
arya2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi - I've been using CPs now for 8 wks tomorrow.

Previously I used Vit C @ 20% but have to say, I'm happier with the CPs for these reasons:
1. skin is denser & much less fragile so it seems stronger & thicker
2. sun spots are paler
3. pores are cleaner
4. skin much softer & smoother & brighter looking
5. oil balance in skin is improved
6. neck/jaw line seems firmer
7. broken caps around nose less noticable

Even so, it did take about 4 wks before my skin started to improve, during which it seemed to look worse before it got better. All of this is perfectly normal as the damaged cells rise to the surface before they're sloughed off. I just kept up the exfoliation process, used a mild cleansers & a diluted salicylic acid wash to keep my perpetually clogged pores as clean as I could, & moisturized like crazy with emu oil.

Just when I was growing tired of skin looking kinda crummy, bingo, it started looking good. Apparently is does take 28 days for new collagen to form which is exactly 4 weeks! I fiddled around trying several combinations of applying the CP products but in the end I realized, it just takes time for skin to adjust.

The big key I think for most people is to use less of the product than you'll ever believe will be effective. If your skin really starts reacting poorly, stop using them for 2 days and then resume. But keep at it. And the Super GHK is great for beginners. It has less copper in it but the formula is good at rebuilding damaged collagen I'm told.

CPs are worth a try.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
gillian wrote:
There are peptides in Janson Beckett products, are these the same

Janson Beckett's Facial Mineral Prep contains trace minerals. One of the mineral is copper. It is absolutely not the same as SkinBiology's Copper Peptides. I would imagine the copper in JB's Prep is very small.

I use both CP's and JansonBeckett products at opposite times of the day. However, Facial Skin Prep does not contain Vit. C and can be used prior to Copper Peptides. Actually it is a very nice pre CP application. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |