Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

does anything work to reduce size of pores?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
suddenly the pores on my nose are looking bigger to me ... really noticed this when i bought the smashbox primer - i thought that stuff was meant to make your pores look smaller!

so, my question: is there a mask/toner/cream/magic potion that anyone has used with any success to not make their pores *appear* smaller, but to actually reduce the size?

many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions!
Mabsy

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
For me, after all this time, the Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream does exactly what you are looking for. It does require consistent use and a little bit of effort (which for some reason I can't commit to of late) but the results for me were spectacular after two weeks day/night use. It won't make your pores smaller but because it cleans them out, they do appear smaller. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
What kind of effort does it require? Is it ok for acne prone skin?
Mabsy

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
It required a few minutes morning and night to press the cleanser into your skin (it's more like a paste) before rinsing off. It might be tricky with acne prone skin - many people do experience initial breakouts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
thank you, mabsy. i'm new around here but i see you're a moderator with 9000+ posts so i figure you know what you're talking about! i'm off to order dr h cc right now. Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
I have started using a retinol product and it's the only thing that really reduces pore size for me. i used to be a fan of peel off masks and biore strips, but retinol beats them all.

5% products discount

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:44 am      Reply with quote
I'd also have to recommend using a retinol product. It works like nothing else to reduce pore size and smooth out your skin.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
One product that works wonders for me, when I remember to use it, is Clean Pore nose peel. Its made by Beyond Belief and you can pick it up for around $5 at Sally's (if you live in the US or Canada).
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
Every morning and night I apply Silken Pearl BHA souffle on my nose. It is a balm with salicylic acid. This keeps the pores clean, and like Mabsy said, clean pores appear smaller.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted and kayanl - when you say retinol products, what do you mean retinol or retin-a? and which product would you recommend? Thanks
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
What exactly is retinol? Vit. A? Can you tell me which products are u using that contain them? Thanks Smile
Mabsy

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I'd like to chime in on the retinol as well here. I started using a week ago Emergin C's retinol + vitamin serum and I looked at my skin closely in the mirror just this morning and do see a VERY big improvement with pores. Now I'm going to try to motivate myself to use the Dr Hauschka CC *and* the retinol serum and just wait for my skin to glow so much that people around me will have to wear sunnies Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I use retin-a in the form of Renova, and maybe because it is in a moisturizing base, it doesn't seem to help at all with pore size. But I love the Dr. H CC for cleaning out pores...I use it just a few times a month and it really works for me Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
suddenly the pores on my nose are looking bigger to me ... really noticed this when i bought the smashbox primer - i thought that stuff was meant to make your pores look smaller!

so, my question: is there a mask/toner/cream/magic potion that anyone has used with any success to not make their pores *appear* smaller, but to actually reduce the size?

many thanks in anticipation of any suggestions!

Here is a great link to choosing the right primer. At the bottom of the page I believe there still is a link to a video from a makeup artist. If your skin is more on the oily side Mac's Primer might be more for you. After watching the video I learned so many tricks regarding primers. Unfortunately I can't open it tonight.
http://beautynews.blogspot.com/2006/05/review-macs-prepprime-vs-smashbox.html

Try a product as recommended above to keep your pores nice and clean. Then try the primer tricks. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
For me, I think nothing can reduce pore size. it can only make it isn't larger than it be now.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:08 am      Reply with quote
Lactic acid peels have worked for me plus I am now using Retin-A. The pores on and around my nose are definitely less prominent than they were (they used to look like craters).
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 am      Reply with quote
I found Obagi really reduce my pores size.. but flaking alot... Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:27 am      Reply with quote
I found that using OCM (to clean out pores) combined with Mandelic acid really made the pores on and beside my nose look smaller. This took about 6 months but I see a big difference.
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
thank you all for your extremely helpful replies (and i especially found winnie's link useful). i'm very tired today as i was awake until 3am reading archived posts about OCM (and from there i went on to aspirin masks, and from there i started on all the do-it-yourself recipes) - this forum really is such an extraordinary fount of wisdom.
lorimcp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
I know how overwhelming all of the info here can be Very Happy

I'll have to add one more thing for you to look at, Baby Q or the larger Quasar SP. I do my SIL's face with my SP and she swears it makes the biggest difference of anything for her pores.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:01 am      Reply with quote
lorimcp wrote:
I know how overwhelming all of the info here can be Very Happy

I'll have to add one more thing for you to look at, Baby Q or the larger Quasar SP. I do my SIL's face with my SP and she swears it makes the biggest difference of anything for her pores.

I agree that after using the BQ pore size and overall skin texture is lovely. However, I find that this is just a temporary solution. I love my BQ but it is rather expensive to start with. IMO graceless_lady would be better to start with a nice pore refining cleanser, toner and cosmetic tricks.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
cosmetically you can make your pores disappear by using cliniques pore minimizer-comes in a tube...you can sample first at makeup counter.a truly amazing product-use where large pores are-i only use on my nose.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:04 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
cosmetically you can make your pores disappear by using cliniques pore minimizer-comes in a tube...you can sample first at makeup counter.a truly amazing product-use where large pores are-i only use on my nose.

How does thatwork? Does it just fill in the pores?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
I'm still on the fence about whether or not the size of pores can actually be reduced, but I can certainly chime in that my large pores look much smaller than they did a year ago. If pores are kept absolutely clean and you stay away from anything that'll clog pores, the appearance will certainly be minimized.

All the products used below my siggie have dramatically reduced the appearance of pores. Perhaps if I were to move up to a higher percentage of retinol they would reduce in actuality.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
VL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Everytime you put a mask, after cleaning your face, splash ice-cold/cold water on your face or smooth an ice-cube over.Yoghurt mask too helps. You could use the cold water everyday (even without the mask).

Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |