Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
best eye cream/gel/serum - weigh in!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chiffonhead

Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
let's discuss eye creams, gels and serums. what's the difference between these and what have you found to be the best? I'm looking for something to use. I'm 27 and have relatively good skin, but I am noticing a few fine lines and want to use preventive measures as much as possible. I need something to hydrate and protect, but also longterm benefits.

I've tried philosophy hope in a tube and it's ok, but it doesn't absorb and I see no difference in the fine lines at all. Patricia Wexler eye cream was horrible. threw it away after 2 days. La Mer was nice, but not dense enough and I didn't notice any change.

ok...discuss!

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, my absolute favourite is still the Cellcosmet eye cream. I'm 30 and have no lines around the eye area (at least I don't think I do - those of you who have met me are free to jerk me back to reality Smile) and tend to use the Cellcosmet cream often. I can't say I use it all the time mainly because I like to try new things. But, in general, at my age, I now prefer to use creams rather than gels because I find them more moisturising. I do sometimes use a gel under a cream (both Cellcosmet) to deal with dark circles.

Btw, I am now trying a new cream/lotion that is looking very promising. Not quite there yet to knock Cellcosmet off the top podium for me (but watch this space perhaps Smile).

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad this thread was started....I am almost finished with Teamine (used for the past several months) and haven't really noticed anything great that would make me buy it again. It felt nice, I have no complaints there, but no difference in dark circles or line reduction. I don't think anything will take lines away...but I am hoping for feedback on something that may be better. I need to order something VERY soon!
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
i just checked out the cellcosmet eye range in the eds store - yikes! - they're expensive. what's the key difference between the gel and the cream? what would be the recommendation primarily for puffyness and dark circles (at 44 yo, i have a few little fine lines - but the puffyness and circles are my greater concern).

and, as my wallet has taken a serious pounding after discovering this forum last month, might i ask if there is there a less expensive option with the same ingredients?

thanks in anticipation of any advice!
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
I Know what you mean graceless_lady about the wallet. Also the never ending list of things to purchase Laughing
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Honestly, if something truely works then I wouldn't mind shell out big bucks but unfortunately I had fair amount of disappointment from brand to brand.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Juara Sweet Black Tea Eyecream - the honeymoon continues, I love it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
i recently tried gatineau's melatogenine eye contour cream. i could really see a difference after using this for a few days, fine lines are less noticeable and the eye area is brighter.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
cellcosmet is great.
I also use other La Prairie Eye contour cream at nite or morning with Clarins Eye cream SPF 30. One bottle can last me for 6-9 months. I use them interchangably and they have done great jobs on my eye area. It's a very good investment for yourself since you can't never take back those wrinkles so it's worth every penny...

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
i also like cellcosmet.... i cant really see any difference in terms of fine lines since i dont have any. however, it really helps keep the skin around my eyes hydrated since i live in really dry climate.
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
I tried Cellcosmet and actually found it drying. Not hydrating at all for my skin.

I'm currently using Ari's Eye Believe, and am not sure about it yet, as it has only been about a week. I think it is strange how they list "germall" in their ingredients, which is just another name for parabens, except most people don't know this. It is misleading.

I like PSF's cranberry eye gell above the eye for a lifting effect. Not for below the eye, as it is not hydrating enough.

I am still searching...
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
I used in the past La Prairie and Cellcosmet, and found both to be a waste of money.

I get better results from Emu Oil with PSF Cranberry Lift, and some other products that I apparently is not allowed to mention.

HTH,
Lucy.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using the PTR eye cream for some time now but couldnt notice even a slight improvement!

to be honest, I've yet to find a good eye cream/ gel to recommend you gals!!! sigh... Confused
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
Honestly, if something truely works then I wouldn't mind shell out big bucks but unfortunately I had fair amount of disappointment from brand to brand.

and i totally agree with you, iaimei!!

I dont mind paying more for a product that actually "works"!!! unfortunately, find that one product is the toughest part!! Embarassed
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
I used in the past La Prairie and Cellcosmet, and found both to be a waste of money.

I get better results from Emu Oil with PSF Cranberry Lift, and some other products that I apparently is not allowed to mention.

HTH,
Lucy.

why are you not allowed to mention them Question hmm
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
My previous post had been removed, since I dared to mention that it was more effective then Cellcosmet. It is from the same place where Lucinda gets hers.

HTH,
Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lucinda wrote:
I think it is strange how they list "germall" in their ingredients, which is just another name for parabens, except most people don't know this. It is misleading.

As I purchase alot of different types of preservatives for different purposes & knowing some have issue with the use of parabens, I strive to avoid them.

Lucinda, could you foward some links possibly that show that Germall really does have parabens? I'm a bit miffed with myself right now cuz I thought I did enough research on it & even now searched and can't find anything showing it does..

Every site I found on my Google search stated Germall is a non-paraben antimicrobial....

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:11 am      Reply with quote
Candy et al, unfortunately there is mass hysteria in the marketplace about the demons that are parabens.

My hypothesis is that this has led to many people confusing the trade-named "Germall" preservatives which DO NOT contain parabens, with the trade-named "Germaben" preservatives which DO contain parabens.

The manufacturer of both is International Specialty Products Corporation, and they list detailed information about what their trade-named preservative systems do and do not contain. Please check it out for yourselves here: http://ispcorp.com/products/preservatives/index.html
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
sigma wrote:
My previous post had been removed, since I dared to mention that it was more effective then Cellcosmet. It is from the same place where Lucinda gets hers.

HTH,
Lucy.

Sorry for any misunderstanding. Your post would never be moved for comparing a product with Cellcosmet. We all enjoy hearing about different products to make an informed decision.

The post was moved as the mentioned product is a DIY Home Based Business product. While these products might be wonderful, EDS for now has stopped the discussion of such products on the forum. We encourage you to keep discussing your DIY sellers products though our PM system.

If you have any further questions concerning the removal of such posts we will be updating information regarding EDS policy on DIY Businesses shortly.

For immediate questions please contact a moderator though the PM system. We prefer not to continue this on threads.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Caspers Mum

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
chiffonhead wrote:
let's discuss eye creams, gels and serums. what's the difference between these and what have you found to be the best? I'm looking for something to use. I'm 27 and have relatively good skin, but I am noticing a few fine lines and want to use preventive measures as much as possible. I need something to hydrate and protect, but also longterm benefits.

I've tried philosophy hope in a tube and it's ok, but it doesn't absorb and I see no difference in the fine lines at all. Patricia Wexler eye cream was horrible. threw it away after 2 days. La Mer was nice, but not dense enough and I didn't notice any change.

ok...discuss!

Kate Somerville Under Eye Line Release: me likes!

Dark circles: if they're hereditary, they're not going anywhere. Sorry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Some of my favorite Eye Creams/Gels and Treatments:

Dremu's Airbrush. The price is very reasonable $38.00 US.

Description:
Gets rid of puffiness almost immediately... (less than 7 minutes). Smoothes and reduces fine lines and crows feet.
A super light eye cream with emu oil, collagen, ceramides and elastin to firm and rehydrate dry skin around the eyes, vitamin E to prevent dehydration and free-radical damage, green tea extract to reduce puffiness, aloe for smoothing and panthenol for refining delicate tissue.
Oprah recommended Airbrush to millions of women...

Ingredients:
Emu oil, Collagen, Ceramides, Green Tea extract, Elastin and Aloe Vera, Water, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Coco-carprylate/Casprate, Polycrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Borage oil, Propylene-Glycol, Diazolidinyl urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Collaen, Elatin, Tocopheryl acetate, Ceramides, Green Tea extract, Panthenol, Ylang Ylang.

I get very puffy under my eyes. Nothing gets rid of fat deposits but I do find that AirBrush brings down some swelling, the eye area looks firmer. What I love about this cream is my mascara does not end up under my eye.

Pevonia Eye Gel C. I can't tell you how many sample eye creams I have received from EDS over the years. Once I tried Pevonia Eye Gel C I had to order it. My under eye area seemed to smooth out. This product also hydrates and reduces puffiness.

Description:
This eye gel contains the latest technology in liposomic structure: spherulites. Rich in repairing, soothing and hydrating ingredients. Reduces puffiness and dark circles. Also helps to relax the lids.

Ingredients:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Hyaluronate (Spherulites), Orange (Citrus Dulcis) Extract (Vit. C), Squalane, Glycerin, Ginkgo Biloba, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Carbomer, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Extract, Chitosan Ascorbate, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

SkinBiology's CP. The results are slow but I am becoming a true believer in CP's. I am starting to reap some benefits after several months of use.

Janson Becketts C&C, AlphaDerma and Mineral Prep. I have been religious about using these product for several years. They work extremely well for my whole face and neck (including eye area).

As you can see I have a few favorites. Rolling Eyes
To be continued.... Laughing

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the PSF eye creams. I use the cranberry gel in the morning for puffiness and the cream at night.

I think they are very well priced and they really do deliver!
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I discovered a Canadian line of skincare while at the National Women's Show this Spring... ViDoma Naturals. I bought their Nourishing Eye Cream and really like it, it's as close to a HG as an eye cream has ever come. When I happen to touch my eye area during the day, I notice my skin is still soft and moisturized, something that wasn't the case before I started using this product.

http://www.vidomanaturals.ca/

$34.99 CAD for 15 ml

Ingredients: Jojoba lotion (purified water, palmester stearates, cetyl palmitate, emulsifying wax, jojoba oil Simmondsia Chinensis), glucose peroxide, lacto peroxide), camellia seed oil (camellia sinesis), kukui nut oil (aleurites molucans), hazelnut oil (corylus avellana), vitamin E (alpha tocopherol), tamanu oil (calophyllum inophyllum), royal jelly, seabuckthorn seed oil (hippophae rhammoides), tamarind seed extract (tamarindus indica), cypress (cupressus sempervirens) essential oil, Roman chamomile (chamaemelum nobile) essential oil, rosemary extract (rosmarinus officinalis), and helichrysum (helichrysum italicum) essential oil.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I like skintx . . . seems to really hydrate my under eye area.

I have a question about concealers? i have dark circles and am constantly looking for a solution. i thought amazing concealer, from amazing cosmetics and the powder set were awesome, but now they seem to dry my under eye area. any other suggestions?

thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
c wrote:
I like skintx . . . seems to really hydrate my under eye area.

I have a question about concealers? i have dark circles and am constantly looking for a solution. i thought amazing concealer, from amazing cosmetics and the powder set were awesome, but now they seem to dry my under eye area. any other suggestions?

thanks!

Hi C and welcome Smile

Here are a few links that might help you find a concealer. Hope this helps.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21664&highlight=concealors

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=24127&highlight=concealors

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7298&highlight=concealors

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |