Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help! Overnight terror!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
DantesKing
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:08 am      Reply with quote
Hey girls,

I have a big problem! My left eyelid became droopy overnight I have no clue or no idea why! As some of you may know I drawn a crease line with a toothpick making a 2nd eyelid line to make my eyes look bigger.... But I'm not sure if this is the reason..I'm only 18 help girls!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:34 am      Reply with quote
I think I would go to the Dr. and have them take a look at it in case there is something they can do to help you the quickest. Good luck!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
Hey girls,

I have a big problem! My left eyelid became droopy overnight I have no clue or no idea why! As some of you may know I drawn a crease line with a toothpick making a 2nd eyelid line to make my eyes look bigger.... But I'm not sure if this is the reason..I'm only 18 help girls!

Is your eye twitching at all? I woke up one day and one of my eyelids was twitching a bit, and droopy too. I TOTALLY panicked and called my eye dr, and he told me it was probably nothing and it would go away in a day, and if it didn't to call him back. He was right--- it went away in about a day. So, try to keep calm, and if it's still like this after a day or so you might want to call your eye doctor. In the meantime, try relaxing with some kind of cool compress on your eye--- that's what I did. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
Do you have allergies? I have seasonal allergies and when they are bothering me, my eyes sometimes look puffy and droopy in the mornings.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Did you use any eye cream?

5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
I used a cream to help puffy eyes the night before...It has been going on for 2 days..kinda scared...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:32 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
I used a cream to help puffy eyes the night before...It has been going on for 2 days..kinda scared...

DantesKing, is this a new eye cream you used? There's a difference between puffiness and a droopy eyelid. If you have any other symptoms like nausea, dizziness, etc. please please don't waste any time and get yourself to a doctor! Avoid using any kind of eye product until you know what's going on.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
DantesKing
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
yea, i stop using it...I just wanna know why would my eyelid droop overnight and what ways or measures I should take..Please help ladies! Your my only wonderful hope!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I would go to a pharmacist and get their opinion and not put anything on your eye other than cold green tea bags great for reducing swelling and that is probably all it is. If it persists and you have used no new products I would go to a doctor for advice but do not worry its nothing serious if it happened overnight
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
It could be some allergic reaction to something you use, eat or exposed to. I dont how serious it actually looks? Don't panic but make an appointment to see your doctor. Let us know what your doctor might say.
ginderella
5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Could it be some kind of palsy. Like Bell's palsy where people get some kind of paralysis. Any doctors out there.

5% products discount

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Bell's palsy?! I read about it...I'm so sad and feeling unlucky now..Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:

Its probably nothing serious. I doubt it's Bells Palsy but think you should see a doctor. A stye is an infection of the upper or lower eye lid. Styes on the upper lid can give a drooping appearance. You might need an antibiotic cream.

If your eye does not look better tomorrow get a medical opinion.

Good luck.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
Dantes,

If it's already been days... i seriously think that you should go see a doctor...

good luck!

daydream
DantesKing
5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:26 am      Reply with quote
Hey girls, I went to see a doctor....since I have no experience in this I kinda doubted him..I paid 25 dollars for the visit and did not buy a certain gel because he adviced against it.

This is what he said...

Doc:Its fairly unlikely that the toothpick crease method is causing it, done any facial exercises of late?

Me: Yea, everyday.

Doc: Your probably doing one of them wrongly, injuring your mus.tone blah blah blah...

Does doing facial exercises wrongly really cause this? Or is the doc trying to swindle me? Help?

5% products discount

Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
When I read about Bells Palsy it said it could be a temporary nerve injury with one of the symptoms being a droopy eye.

5% products discount

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
Hey girls, I went to see a doctor....since I have no experience in this I kinda doubted him..I paid 25 dollars for the visit and did not buy a certain gel because he adviced against it.

This is what he said...

Doc:Its fairly unlikely that the toothpick crease method is causing it, done any facial exercises of late?

Me: Yea, everyday.

Doc: Your probably doing one of them wrongly, injuring your mus.tone blah blah blah...

Does doing facial exercises wrongly really cause this? Or is the doc trying to swindle me? Help?

Dantes - What your doctor said is very possible. I have heard of facial exercises causing droopiness around the eye area, which is often temporary. What type of exercises are you doing (ie/ are you using a certain face exercise program?). You may be performing the exercises incorrectly, OR this is simply a case of an exhausted eyelid muscle. Wink I would back off from exercising the eye area until your eyelid muscle responds normally again. wave

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:31 am      Reply with quote
allergic reaction?

5% products discount

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help girls....Looks like I just have to be patient and wait. Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
What is the thing with the toothpick creasing? What is that????
DantesKing
5% products discount

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
You kinda scrape a line above your original eyelid line to create a new eyelid. If not for its disadvantages, it would be as good as an eyelid surgery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
well... at least you now know that it's only temporary and not too worrying! Cool
DantesKing
5% products discount

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:26 pm      Reply with quote
haha, thanks..But its been 5 days and has not been firming up very steadily...Kinda worry I would be single eyelid for the rest of my life.. Crying or Very sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
DantesKing wrote:
You kinda scrape a line above your original eyelid line to create a new eyelid. If not for its disadvantages, it would be as good as an eyelid surgery.

I really dont think you should be messing around with things like that Shock

Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |