Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Would My Skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Well, i know i hae been posting like a millions of UV questions but i just care about my skin and i know all you women here know much more then i do so i have another question again....
Well see, we have this really nice summer house in Turkey, which i am right now and nearly everyday 3 to4 days we are out in the sun from 1 to 4 or 5!...we swim, we walk around, play water sports...so it is hard not to stay away from the sun...but at the same time i use spf 30, i use it very very often and alot...would my skin still get damaged?Cuz no matter how much i putt on i can still get a few sun spots on my leg. so what do you guys think about this?
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Maybe go a bit higher on the sun protection lucky you to be getting sun its awful in Ireland so much rain
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:41 pm      Reply with quote
any other suggestions?
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lipgloss, with that much direct exposure, I'd use a higher SPF protection [just posted a review for PSF SPF50] and also be sure to wear a big, floppy straw hat! When possible, you may want to consider UV clothing as well. Cotton is one of the most popular fabrics in the summer, but it offers the least protection from UV rays. Yes, UV can actually penetrate clothing. For more info on UV protective clothing, check out these links:

http://www.coolibar.com/index.html?source=adwordskt&words=coolibar&version=1

http://www.skincancer.org/sun-protective-clothing/

http://www.skincancer.org/component/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,14/

Good luck and enjoy your summer! I've never been to Turkey and always wanted to visit, it sounds positively lovely!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Maybe go a bit higher on the sun protection lucky you to be getting sun its awful in Ireland so much rain

I'm so sorry to hear about all the terrible rains you've been getting, I wish we'd get some of it!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
You could also look into Heliocare which is pills that fight sun damage. Its Oral sun protection taken once a day.
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
oral sun protection?that sounds scary..i'm sure its bad for you right?
and thanx for the great help you guys!i love this forum!
lipglossbaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
also, if i use something higher then 30spf, like 40 or 50 will i still get a good tan like i do with spf 30?
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 am      Reply with quote
use a oil based and water proof spf would be better. but really, if you don't want to get sun damage, you should monitor how much time you stay in the sun. the spf only prevents partial uv rays from getting to the skin. the more you stay in the sun, the more damage you will get accumulatively overtime.
exfoiliate your skin regulaly may also helps.
lamicuz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
if using a chemical sunscreen, please remember to reapply often.

physical sunscreen shouldn't need reapplication unless you have a tendancy to wipe it off or sweat/swim.

i've also found the best way to keep from getting tanned is to coverup! with clothing...try a long flowy skirt or billowy long-sleeved shirt...i've found that i also actually stay a bit cooler when wearing something that isn't form-fitting & can catch a breeze. i'd imagine turkey having tonnes of flowy billowy clothes around...

hth.
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
You're doing everything right Lipgloss. Just keep reapplying your spf 30 every 2 hours and your 4-5 hr stay in the sun will be a piece of cake!
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:35 am      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:
also, if i use something higher then 30spf, like 40 or 50 will i still get a good tan like i do with spf 30?

ANY tan is a sign of sun damage. Unfortunately, you can't have it both ways. That tan may look good now but it will show up as damaged skin down the road.

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I think SPFs are good, but my vote (and my practice) always goes to wearing a hat!!! Chose one that will give you a good coverage so that your face is always in shade.

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
AND always wear sunscreen. Even with your face "in the shade" you can get a burn on it.

There really is no safe tan. It all adds up against you in the end.

Deb
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:55 am      Reply with quote
lipglossbaby wrote:

Well see, we have this really nice summer house in Turkey, which i am right now and nearly everyday 3 to4 days we are out in the sun from 1 to 4 or 5!...we swim, we walk around, play water sports...so it is hard not to stay away from the sun...but at the same time i use spf 30, i use it very very often and alot...would my skin still get damaged?Cuz no matter how much i putt on i can still get a few sun spots on my leg. so what do you guys think about this?

Going in the sun from 1-4 pm is not a good idea! Is there any way you could change to go either in the morning of after 4?
From 1-4 the sun rays are usually pretty strong, so no matter what sunscreen you use... you will get some UV rays.

If there's no other way, what I would personally do is:

a. Wear a hat, and pants with SPF (they're really light so you don't feel the heat), and be under an umbrella.

b. Put sunscreen that's more than SPF 30 (I would not put anything less than SPF 50) and with high UVA rating.

I go to the beach with special beach pants and a T-shirt for UV protection. The fabric is very light, I really don't feel hot. I even go swimming with it and it dries really fast.

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |