Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Osea! New at EDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi andaman_gypsy, no problem! And like I said, I really hope you'll give Ocean Cleanser a try at some point -- I may try another sample next summer once I get a bit oilier. I just think it was probably a bad idea while I'm so sensitized anyway. (And by the way, my neck STILL looks like it did half an hour after my shower yesterday! Sad)

My routine sort of fluctuates as far as cleansers go, because I'm not particularly regimented in that area. I usually use Burt's Bee's Orange Cleanser, which is a cream cleanser that's formulated with mostly an oil and glycerine emulsification. I love this stuff on my skin, but it stings when it gets in my eyes (which it always does, as I use it to remove eye makeup). I also sometimes use just plain organic jojoba oil and a washcloth or microfiber cloth to cleanse.

I exfoliate with EpidermxII, but I'm not very regular about it -- I'd say I do it every 1-3 days. Some days I use it morning and night, and some less frequently -- it just depends on how flaky and/or sensitive I am. I up the dosage for flakes with no irritation, but I stop using it when I'm already sensitive because I feel like it makes me almost rosacea-prone. I need to reorder and I may switch back to MyChelle's Fruit Enzyme Scrub -- cheaper while I'm pinching pennies, and definitely gentler (though also less effective IMO). I also sometimes do a Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, full-strength, but again, only when I'm not sensitized. I've only used it once or twice since I started Retin-A, and I never do it all that frequently. Ranging from once a week to once a month.

Toning, I do after every cleanse morning and night, and I just spritz on MyChelle Fruit Enzyme Mist and rub it around. It's a pretty gentle toner that doesn't have anything astringent or drying.

Moisturizing, I usually apply a bit of a homemade face oil blend that contains mostly macadamia nut oil (from Mountain Rose Herbs) and apricot kernel oil (from some random health food shop) -- I will probably change up the ingredients a bit when I make a new batch soon, but it'll be mostly macadamia again. In the PM I blend a few drops of this with John Masters Organics Rose and Green Tea Serum as well as my Retin-A. In the AM I apply the oil first, and then apply my Devita sunscreen -- some days I would skip the oil, or use a regular moisturizer instead, but since starting Retin-A my skin has been happy for the oil. Some days when I know I'll have lots of sun exposure, I then do a layer of Peter Thomas Roth SPF 30 Mineral Powder Sunscreen on top of my Devita (I'm paranoid about wrinkles and sun damange, hehe).

Lastly I use Best Bath Store's Intensive Undereye Treatment most mornings and nights, but I use it on my lids as well. I may switch after I finish this jar, though, as I want to find something even more emollient, and I had a problem with the BBS going moldy on me very quickly. (Justin sent me a new jar free of charge when I contacted BBS about it, so that was excellent, and the new jar hasn't had the same problem yet, but I'm watching it cautiously.)

Oh, and I also spot-treat acne with my new Osea Essential Corrective Complex, which I love so far, and I'm also looking for a new all-natural BHA product to spot-treat with too. I have Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum but am less than impressed with it as of late.

Hope this helps, and sorry to readers who aren't so interested in the ins and outs of my routine, hehe. I am theorizing that I might just be reactive to all algae, since that's what really seemed to set my skin off with Osea. And the ECC doesn't have any algae or marine extracts.

Avalange, what do you think? I don't know much about algae as actives, but I know you've always cautioned that Osea's products are chock-full of actives. I wonder if I'm just allergic to... the sea? Laughing I do sometimes get all itchy from swimming in the ocean but I always figured it was the salt!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
hzsun88
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Where does this line make from?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
hzsun88 wrote:
Where does this line make from?

I'm pretty sure they're based in Los Angeles, CA.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Sonnie
5% products discount

Tue Nov 20, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
I recently went to their website to check out what the products they had and the ingredients etc and I emailed their customer service for some free samples and they were happy to send them! I live in Australia too!

I'm still waiting for the post to arrive.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
ginnieliz - Thanks for the details on your routine. Smile I really do think that Ocean Cleanser will be too much for my skin at the moment. It's also VERY sensitized and a bit sore from using retinol. I'll give it a go after at least 2 months on retinol (hopefully, my skin will have calmed down by then) and trying out a sample first. I tend to change my cleansers often, but there's only one I always come back to which is Eve Lom Cleanser. Ideally, I'd like to find a more natural alternative for it, but so far, I haven't found anything that works nearly as well! Sad By the way, what do you think of John Masters serum? Winnie recommended it on another thread and I remember wanting to try it.

sonnie - Thanks to you! After reading your post, I emailed Osea and asked if they'd be able to send free samples to Thailand. I'll see what they say when they eventually get back to me. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hey andaman_gypsy, just FYI, I had MUCH better luck getting ahold of Osea when I called rather than emailing. My emails went ignored, but a phone call solved everything, so if you don't hear back you may want to try that. (I know it's annoying, especially if you're calling from overseas, but I just figured I'd let you know my experience...)

Also, re: the JM serum, I really can't say I'm all that wowed. It smells delightful, but it doesn't seem that hydrating and yet I do think it may have clogged my pores a bit. All in all, it may just not be quite right for my skin type. I'll finish up my bottle, but I doubt I'll repurchase. If you're serious about finding out more about it, I suggest asking some other members who've tried it since I don't know if I'm the best case study. Very Happy

Hope this helps!

andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hey andaman_gypsy, just FYI, I had MUCH better luck getting ahold of Osea when I called rather than emailing. My emails went ignored, but a phone call solved everything, so if you don't hear back you may want to try that. (I know it's annoying, especially if you're calling from overseas, but I just figured I'd let you know my experience...)

Also, re: the JM serum, I really can't say I'm all that wowed. It smells delightful, but it doesn't seem that hydrating and yet I do think it may have clogged my pores a bit. All in all, it may just not be quite right for my skin type. I'll finish up my bottle, but I doubt I'll repurchase. If you're serious about finding out more about it, I suggest asking some other members who've tried it since I don't know if I'm the best case study. Very Happy

Hope this helps!

ginnieliz - I got an email from Osea (from a guy named Steve) today. He agreed to send me a sample of Ocean Cleanser only although I also had asked for a sample of Black Algae Mask. He didn't sound in the least bit friendly at all! He basically said the company normally didn't send free samples internationally, but because I had placed an order with them before, they would make an exception for me this time...but only this ONE time. Confused I felt crap reading his email...like I was a kid being yelled at by an adult. lol Oh well, I should at least be grateful they're sending A sample at all. lol

Re John Masters serum, I'm basically looking for natural/organic products to switch to, so I'm all eyes/ears to any suggestions. So far, I've found Jurlique and Dr. Hauschka to be the only 2 lines with lots of varieties, but I wasn't so impressed with Jurlique products I tried and some of Dr. Hauschka products were just too irritating for me. Sad The quest for suitable natural/organic skincare continues.....

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Wow, that's TERRIBLE about the CS you received! At least you're getting a sample, I guess, but how rude. The person I talked on the phone with was Jennifer, who is the owner of the company, and she was super-nice with me, but did still insist that I send back my semi-used (and partially empty) travel kit so they could make sure I was for real. That makes sense to me, and I had no problem with it -- they're a small company and have to protect their interests. But it's a shame Steve was rude and scolding to you -- he could've just not sent the sample, you know? If you want a sample in the future, try me via PM for a CP -- it's not too much for ME to turn around a sample internationally, even if it's too much for them. Very Happy

You know, I used to be a huge Dr. H fan, but I've been shying away from them as of late. I don't like how much alcohol all their stuff seems to contain, and I find that it seems to dry out and irritate my skin. The Normalizing Day Oil is the only exception, but I find that I can make my own oil-only blends for so much cheaper!

I haven't tried any other JMO stuff, so I can't speak to the rest of the line, but I was a bit underwhelmed by the serum I tried. We'll see -- I may repurchase if I don't think of a better alternative by the time I run out! Laughing

andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I know! Steve could have simply said they didn't hand out free samples internationally. There's no need to say he's making an exception this one time. I actually had a little problem with the company before as well and Steve was the one responsible for it, too! Anyway, thank you for your kind offer to obtain free samples for me. I think once I figure out whether APC and Ocean Cleanser work for me or not, I won't be as hesitant to order their sample kits to try out other products or even full size. I really don't mind giving products away to my mum and my boyfriend if they don't agree with my skin. But whatever, I'm NEVER ever gonna order from Osea directly again. Sad

Re Dr. H, I tried the line when my skin was in a really terrible shape (irritated, dry parched, EXTREMELY sensitive) and it ended up irritating my skin even more. I broke out with rashes all over my face from the Cleansing Milk and the Rose Day Cream was nowhere near moisturizing enough for me. I had to re-apply it every half an hour! The toner was drying. Generally, my skin doesn't handle products that contain high percentage of essential oils too well and I think it's the e/oils in Dr. H products that triggered the rashes.

I'm trying to find natural products that really work at preventing aging issues, but it's been pretty tough. I see so much more significant results from using non natural products, so it's hard for me to give them up. At least with Osea, their products seem chock full of active ingredients, so I'm hoping I'm gonna have good luck with them this time around. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I just received my APC today and tried it again (I tried a travel size before a while ago), but find that it balled up on me! I mixed it with Weleda Wild Rose Intensive Facial Oil (half a capsule) in my hand and massaged it onto my face after I applied Cellex-C Hydra 5 B-Complex. I recall this was the problem with APC the first time I used it as well. Does anyone has some application techniques? Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Hm, which APC is it -- "Advanced" or "Atmosphere"?

andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Hm, which APC is it -- "Advanced" or "Atmosphere"?

Advanced Protection Cream Smile

So far, no itchiness or reaction yet. That's a good sign. Man I really hope this cream works for me as I really want to love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
Hm, well, it never balled up on me at all, and that's the same one I was using. I often used a hydrating oil underneath it, or blended it in my hand. So I guess I'm no help at all! Laughing

skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
i have never had a problem with the APC balling up on me and i have used tons of products on top. i am not sure what is in your cellex-c serum, but i am thinking that's probably the culprit.

i alternate moisturizers but when i do apply the APC, i apply it closest to my skin, immediately after washing or applying vitamin C serum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
i have never had a problem with the APC balling up on me and i have used tons of products on top. i am not sure what is in your cellex-c serum, but i am thinking that's probably the culprit.

i alternate moisturizers but when i do apply the APC, i apply it closest to my skin, immediately after washing or applying vitamin C serum.

I've been using Cellex-C Hydra 5 for a few days now and haven't had a problem with any balling up until I used the APC today. Cellex-C Hydra 5 is just an HA serum, I believe. Can you tell me a bit more about how you apply it? Do you warm it up between your fingers then pat it on? Or do you put it on your face and massage it in? I just massaged it in today and I definitely felt some balling up although I could tell there's definitely some of the APC left on my skin still. I'm gonna try patting it on my skin tomorrow morning and see if it works better.

Also, when you use APC and apply it as close to your skin as possible, do you use any other skincare products on top beside a sunscreen? If so, do you find that they absorb well? I've always thought APC was supposed to form a barrier over your skin which has led me to think that it would be harder for other products to penetrate or sink in. Somebody please enlighten me. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I just kinda smooth it on after i warm it up--i though i have rubbed it in before and had no balling. i think i read that HA can ball up under certain products, especially since algin is the first ingredient in the APC. i would try the APC minus the HA on the bottom. at night, when i use the APC, i will emulsify my HA serum with a carrier oil and pat that on top of the APC. i haven't tried wearing SS on top of the mix, so i am not sure if it would ball that way.

I also remember mention of applying chemical SS on the skin first so it can be absorbed into the skin. i think this might be especially true if using SS with the APC since algin does form a film.

if your skin feels dry, i would try a light layer of carrier oil, let it absorb, then applying the APC, spritz with toner/hydrosol and then the HA serum on top. switch the order up a bit to see if the balling will stop.

good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
for those of you that use osea.....i am wondering what kind og SS do you use along with it. As Osea products are very mineral based....i am thinking chemical sunscreans such as Bioderma wont work along with it?
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
simran, i think you're confusing sea based minerals (from algae, seasalt i think) with sun protecting minerals (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide). i have used Osea with chemical and physical SS without a problem.

Kris

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:26 am      Reply with quote
after reading this thread i went to their website and thought why not give it a try.........asked them about trying some samples or of a place closer i.e. NZ where i could get some........

they replied back the next day asking about my skin type and any concerns i had and were gona send out samples. i have to say WOW......

within 3 days i received the samples in the mail and im in NZ!!! i got one sample of cleaser for dry skin as well as for combination skin, the advanced protection cream, and the cream for eyes and lip Very Happy

gona try the cleanser in a while Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
simran - That's excellent. I'm glad you got so many samples. Hmmm...how come I'm the only one with a less than impressive experience with their customer service? hmm

I finally figured out the best way to use APC without it balling on up me. I find that if I warm it between my fingers to melt it a bit before patting it onto my skin, I don't have any problems with any balling up no matter whether I apply the HA serum before or after the APC. However, I try to massage or rub it onto my skin, I end up with balls of it all over my fingers and face. Confused

I'm still liking the APC and still no bad reaction so far, but it's too soon to say for definite still as it's only been a week.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
can someone please clarify for me is the advanced protection cream for mature skin or anyone even in 20's?

why would one pick atmosphere over the advanced cream? Confused
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
can someone please clarify for me is the advanced protection cream for mature skin or anyone even in 20's?

why would one pick atmosphere over the advanced cream? Confused

I'm 25 and I'm using the Advanced Protection Cream. I know an EDS member who's in her early 20's (22 I think) who was using it as well. I think it's more potent than the Atmosphere Protection Cream and is suitable for people of all ages as I believe it follows more of a preventative, rejuvenating approach rather a repairing approach. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. That seems to be what I've gathered from reading about it on EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
its just that the samples that are in the see through plastic has a card in it. And at the back of card there is this chart type thing.

I see the advanced protection cream listed for sensitive, dry or combination skin column but not oily skin some columns have different things written on them for each product and some have same thing written

For the advanced protection cream for the 3 columns with sensitive, dry and combination it has:

Massage intensive firming cream into face/neck once or twice daily. Also reduces hyper-pigmentation

Now that part about the intensive firming cream got me thinking is for mature skin Confused
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
i dunno if its from osea........i used the cleanser at night the one for dry skin........then i used my regular stuff as im unsure whether APC is for my skin.....

regular stuff for night i alternate between using just the silkia camelia oil OR (decleor aromasence white brightening complex and white brightening night cream).

so yea using that cleanser for dry skin.........i dont think it cleansed too well as i kinda felt oiley afterwards Confused but the skin had kinda a bright appearance and looked nice and moisturized (this is before putting any of my regular stuff).

the next day i had a big pimple coming on to my cheek.....it is one of those sore ones too Confused

the only change in my routine is the sample cleanser once...................in the morning i continued using my Yonka gel cleanser.

I dunno if osea cleanser caused that pimple......

im not gona use it anymore until my face is back to normal and try again some other time see how it goes Confused
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I use OSEA Advanced Protection Cream on my dry skin with no problems almost every day. However, I can only use Decleor cream once in a great while as it is wa-a-y too rich for me. So thinking about your procedure I would blame the Decleor, if it was my skin.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |