Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea! New at EDS
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Havana. Great tip!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I am also surprised and happy to see Osea is here. Great!
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Avalange--- Which products do you recommend for acneic skin?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Avalange--- Which products do you recommend for acneic skin?

TIA

I don't have acneic skin so I'm not sure... But I do swear by the corrective oil to get rid of isolated blemishes--I've never picked, only religiously applied the oil to the blemish at least 5+ times per day, and they diminish and heal at a very rapid rate. Especially the ones that have the ugly white "head." Very effective. But on acne? I really am not sure.

I would most likely recommend the ocean mud cleanser (I think it is formulated for oily skins) and the atmosphere protection cream (got a deluxe sample and am LOVING this right now!), layered with the corrective oil. The corrective oil is very highly concentrated essential oils, which aren't so much oily as they are astringent, detoxifying, and antiseptic. The botanical oils in it I know are healing oils.

Some people I remember really liked the red algae mask for oilier skin--I haven't tried it though!

Sorry, I claim to be an 'osea' expert, but I do not have firsthand knowledge of how this line works for acneic skin--I don't want to give false information or be misleading. Maybe someone else can illuminate.

I just love this line because it is based on marine extracts together with EOs, is totally pure, and is extremely active. I always feel exhilerated when I use it, and it works.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
displaced wrote:
what's everyone getting? I'm considering 'Eyes and Lips' and the 'Ocean Lotion'...the only thing that makes me hesitate about Ocean Lotion though is that it "helps maintain a sun tan", which I would never want (I'm don't want to have a tan, prefer to be pale- like Dita Von Teese)

hi displaced!

I am pretty sure that the suntan comment refers to those people who already have a suntan and wish to maintain it. I think the lotion is so nourishing to the skin, that the skin is less likely to peel or flake off, hence your tan stays longer or is more even. I use this stuff in the dead of winter and it makes my winter elbows soft as silk, so don't worry, it has no tanning agents in it!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah: I have acneic skin and also an Osea convert6 (thanks avalange!). I've never used the corrective avalange used but in my honest opinion I have used similar items for much less and it might be great for the odd blemish but if you have areas of acne it really isn't going to work for you plus it's not cost-effective. However I do keep a similar item on hand - Desert Essence Blemish Stick - which as about 90% similar ingredients as the corrective, and I think it's only 7USD for a 10mL roll-on. The Osea would be more potent though because it probably has higher concentrations of the E/Os while the DE is alcohol based. But I use it single blemishes that I extracted and it helps kill bacteria and speed up healing (plus calms down inflamttation).

In terms of the Osea Line I'm using Osea Mudd and Ocean Cleansers and APC. I've never tried the Atmosphere Protection but would love to hear more about it from avalange. APC is not hydrating enough for me on its own now that I'm on Taz but even if I was not it wouldn't be hydrating enough for me during winter. It's just right on hot summer days for the AM though, I still use my Chrysalyx in the PM. Prior to taz I used the Mudd daily in the AM and it wasn't too drying. But now it's too drying but I do still use it occasionally whenever my skin feels icky. It's my fav deep pore cleanser. For oily/acneic skin I like the Ocean Cleanser as a daily cleanser, but from prior reviews I think tiger_tim mentioned that it doesn't completely remove makeup so keep that in mind. I always use an oil cleanser and double cleanser when I have makeup on so I can't comment on that aspect. I also have a travel size of the Cleansing Milk but unless you like cleansing milks I wouldn't recommend for oily or acneic skins. I use it whenever my skin is feeling particularly dry. I also want to mention something I really enjoy about the Ocean Cleanser - it has lactic acid so it mildly exfoliates as well. Sometimes I wake up w/flakies and this gets rid of it all for me and my makeup goes on nice and smooth.

I also really enjoyed the Red Algae Mask but if you have uber oily skin it's probably not strong enough. I like it because it's deep cleansing and yet hydrating at the same time for me, much prefer this to the White Algae. I also love Eyes and Lips. I'd repurchase everything I mentioned here except for the Cleansing Milk mainly because I prefer the Pevonia RS2 over it. But the Cleansing Milk imo does remove makeup better than the other 2 cleansers so it could be used as a makeup remover as well and followed-up by one of the others.

HTH
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
hi sormuimui!

re: the atmosphere, still experimenting with it, since my last bottle was over 5 years ago and they def changed a few things, for the better. I really love the scent and it's certainly more emollient than it used to be. I'll keep you posted.

I always tend to mix my creams with botanical oil blends these days depending on my skin's needs--with hazelnut oil and skb if my skin is oily, and with weleda rose oil caps if dry. but sometimes APC is just enough. I'm so glad you are enjoying some of the products, and getting to like the mud as well.

re: cleansing oil, I've very recently discovered the virtues of removing sunscreen and makeup (esp eye makeup) with wonderful smelling hazelnut oil. I then follow with mineral water and the cleansing cream. It's excellent, and I learned about it on EDS!

--avalange

yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange and sormuimui

I do want to try out the ocean cleanser, but I really do love the Pevonia RS2 that sormuimui reviewed earlier on in the product review forum. But I think for my next order with EDS, which wont be soon Sad cos I ordered this month already!, Im going to try the oily skin trial kit and the red algae mask. Cant wait!

sormuimui
Re: the red algae mask, how does this compare to some other clay based masks, namely PSF acne mud mask?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
Thanks avalange and sormuimui

sormuimui
Re: the red algae mask, how does this compare to some other clay based masks, namely PSF acne mud mask?

I don't think they can be compared. The Red Algae to me isn't one of those masks I'll use when my skin is acting up - acne and oil and all. It's something I'll use regularly to get rid of built up gunk from makeup and pollution. When my skin is acting up I'd use something stronger and more drying like Earth to Body's Clay Neem Treatment. Or like PSF acne mud (but I personally only use that as a spot treatment for cysts). Red Algae is sort of like Valmont Nature's Purifying Pack - a purifying mask that also as some moisturizing/brightening benefits. It's one of those multipurpose masks to me.
jcyhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
It's wonderful!! I've read some recommendation on Osea Eyes & lips and would really want to try but wondering where to order. Now I could buy it from EDS. Thank you.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:29 am      Reply with quote
Thanks avalange Smile I think i will try the Ocean Lotion after all.
huihui
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
How come I never heard of this brand? I really should keep up and start to do more researches.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Can someone share the experience with the Osea lip and eye cream? I'm quite interested in it. Thanks Smile
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
I placed an order for the red, black algae mask and eye/lip lotion. I can't believe it! I'm supposed to be restraining myself too!
havana8

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the Osea travel set from EDS and have to say that the travel sizes are pretty decent! Definitely worth the $36. Smile I wish there was a "mask" set, though...
kd
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
yay, yay yay!
resident osea expert and longtime user here, I'm proud that EDS is carrying this brand!

any questions, hopefully i can answer them to the best of my abilities, and honestly. Smile

--avalange

Avalange -
will you fill me in on why you prefer Osea (actually am ashamed to admit I live in a bubble and have never heard of it) and what products you can't live without.
Also, what's your recipe for Aspirin Mask with Yogurt and what are the benefits?
Yikes! Stop me!!! Too many questions. Am in search of reversing the hands of time and so far love CP's, CPA, the DPL and Obagi.
There's always room for more . . . LOL!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Im dying to try this product. Hopefully this will be a holy grail for me like somebody else too. Cant wait to get a hold of this.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I just wanna know if there adanced moisturizer moisturizing enough for dry and sometimes dehydrated skin.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my order of Osea Ocean Milk and Ocean Lotion this week. I have to say that the Ocean Milk is a cleanser for sensitive skin and it's really moisturizing and not stripping at all. I'm actually use to the squeaky clean feel but I know it wasn't helping the redness in my skin. I'm not sure if it will perform well if you have make up on though. I'd like to try the Osea Ocean cleanser because I think the milk just didn't give me the extremely clean feeling.

I also got the Ocean Lotion...but I'm sorry to say I just don't like the smell of this! I'm used to using body lotions with a nice scent so this seaweedy smell just doesn't cut it. But...I haven't tried it everywhere on my body yet so I can't comment on the hydration factor.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Kareberry* wrote:
I just got my order of Osea Ocean Milk and Ocean Lotion this week. I have to say that the Ocean Milk is a cleanser for sensitive skin and it's really moisturizing and not stripping at all. I'm actually use to the squeaky clean feel but I know it wasn't helping the redness in my skin. I'm not sure if it will perform well if you have make up on though. I'd like to try the Osea Ocean cleanser because I think the milk just didn't give me the extremely clean feeling.

I also got the Ocean Lotion...but I'm sorry to say I just don't like the smell of this! I'm used to using body lotions with a nice scent so this seaweedy smell just doesn't cut it. But...I haven't tried it everywhere on my body yet so I can't comment on the hydration factor.

Kareberry-- try adding some EO to your lotion. I added lavender to mine and it helped a lot!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
wow I am so ignorant, I have never heard of this line before!
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
hi kd,

i love osea because it's just the best product line that's ever used for my skin. even when i've been wrangled to try other lines and other products, i always go back, developing new appreciations each time! I think because everyone's skin is so different, my favorite products might not be the ones that work for you. but i'd say that the advanced protection cream is totally a world apart from any other! just read all the rave reviews on this and other sites. and the cleansers are all wonderful, too.
as for the aspirin mask, i mix about a tablespoon of yogurt with a little honey and about 5 uncoated crushed aspirin. the honey is antibacterial and a humectant, the yogurt does quick work of dissolving the aspirin into salicylic acid and the yogurt contains lactic acid. I apply heavily and i takes about 30 minutes to dry. it really firms and brightens up the skin!

--avalange
\
kd wrote:
avalange wrote:
yay, yay yay!
resident osea expert and longtime user here, I'm proud that EDS is carrying this brand!

any questions, hopefully i can answer them to the best of my abilities, and honestly. Smile

--avalange

Avalange -
will you fill me in on why you prefer Osea (actually am ashamed to admit I live in a bubble and have never heard of it) and what products you can't live without.
Also, what's your recipe for Aspirin Mask with Yogurt and what are the benefits?
Yikes! Stop me!!! Too many questions. Am in search of reversing the hands of time and so far love CP's, CPA, the DPL and Obagi.
There's always room for more . . . LOL!

avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:
I just wanna know if there adanced moisturizer moisturizing enough for dry and sometimes dehydrated skin.

hi angel,

i'm not sure--maybe trying a sample would be best?
sorry not to be of more help!

--avalange

andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
angel06 wrote:

angel06,

I bought a travel size of this cream after reading all the raves, but I couldn't be more disappointed! I have dry sensitive skin and this cream irritated it plus it was nowhere near being moiturizing at all! I tried using diiferent amounts and applying techniques, but none of them worked for me. I'm glad APC works for some people, but it certainly didn't for me.

5% products discount

Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:05 am      Reply with quote
I've never heard of this brand before until just now and I was wondering how well it works on acne-prone skin. I had read this thread, but it doesn't seem as though many people with acne-prone skin use this. (Well by looking at the sigs) And if it doesn't work too well with acne-prone skin I was wondering what brands might work? I've never tried DrH or Jurlique either. Ah I've been talking for too long now. Embarassed
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |