Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review :: Jurlique lavender silk dust
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 01, 2004 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love the Jurlique lavender silk dust just as much as the rose one. Jurlique rose/lavender silk dust has become my favorite transluscent powder. It smells and feels beautiful! But I could do without the heavy bulky packaging it comes in.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thoughtcrime!
Completely agree with you on the packaging front (and the rave front too! Smile). I love this powder (though I use the rose one not the lavender) and while the packaging is nice (ceramic white jar with gold lid) it's not very portable. In fact it's not really portable at all, and it is quite bulky. Also, if you are not careful and you close it too tightly the lid may crack Embarassed I'm willing to put up with it though 'coz it's a good powder and it smells heavenly! Very Happy
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2004 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy, thanks for introducing me to this, and for the lid tip. Razz
amycc
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
which one do u guys think works better? Rose VS Lavendar? what is the difference?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
I've heard that they are almost exactly the same except for the scent. I use the Rose Dust and I LOVE it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I have both. They are exactly the same, just a different scent. I totally love this powder as well.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am thinking about buying this product, as I am about to go on vacation...is that reason enough for a small splurge? Laughing
Mabsy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:27 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
I am thinking about buying this product, as I am about to go on vacation...is that reason enough for a small splurge? Laughing

Absolutely! *BUT* this doesn't travel well. It's in a white glass jar with a sifter top. So, (a) it's heavy, and (b) there is no way to stop the powder from coming through the sifter into the cap...
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, for the tip! Maybe I can find something smaller to bring a small amount in. I ordered it last night Laughing
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
Maybe I can find something smaller to bring a small amount in.

one of the best loose powder carriers is a zip up case by Bare Escentuals (sp?). i travel a lot and swear by this.
Mabsy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
Thanks Mabsy, for the tip! Maybe I can find something smaller to bring a small amount in. I ordered it last night Laughing

Bare Minerals has a nice little "travel compact" for their loose powder foundation Wink I've been eyeing it for at least a year now since I got the silk dust but haven't yet caved and made the purchase...
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:25 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Bare Minerals has a nice little "travel compact" for their loose powder foundation Wink I've been eyeing it for at least a year now since I got the silk dust but haven't yet caved and made the purchase...

Laughing Mabsy, you beat me to it. cave in -- buy this now!!! truly, it is sooo worth it!
Mabsy

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:42 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Laughing Mabsy, you beat me to it. cave in -- buy this now!!! truly, it is sooo worth it!

You're evil! I just bought it! Laughing Brick wall
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:49 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
You're evil! I just bought it! Laughing Brick wall

who me? evil??? Angel heh, heh, always happy to oblige Bad Grin
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy, la vie en rose,

I might hold off until I get back, because that compact does seem like a good idea. But I leave on Tuesday, and I would hate for it to not arrive in time. Speaking of which, I really hope I get the silk dust before I leave! I would hate to get home and see it sitting on my doorstep.
I think I might just bring some in a little bag. (I'll be sure to put it in my checked luggage though, as I'm sure travelling with white powder in a little baggie would probably not go over well with security). Then after I dip my brush into the bag, I'll just use the lid of my MMU to do the swish tap tap. What do you guys think?
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Olyn - I love Lavender Silk Dust and use it almost every day. But silly me -- it never occured to me that putting white powder in a baggie while traveling could arouse suspicion Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

I took the jar with me on vacation -- yeah, it's a bit heavy but I've never been one to pack light -- especially when it comes to toiletries, etc.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:56 am      Reply with quote
LOL!!! I've been known the lug the whole jar with me, too! m.april, you're a woman after my own heart--- I've never been able to bring myself to pack light when the toiletries are concerned...^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 8:59 am      Reply with quote
You wonderful ladies are tempting me to put this on my ever growing wish list Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:14 am      Reply with quote
The great thing about this powder is that it's so finely-milled -- dust is a good name for it. I also like T.LeClerc loose powders -- they're also very finely-milled, which is THE characteristic of the best powders. Even while using my 5X mirror, there's not a grain in sight and the powder just blends in nicely. I use one of those wispy fan brushes to apply it. However, my skin is very pale, and if white powder is just too light, I can recommend T.LeClerc tinted ones.

And manslayerliz -- it's an ongoing challenge to figure out how to pack lighter Rolling Eyes One thing that's helping is that I've been assembling a wardrobe of Issey Miyake pleated clothing which is nearly weightless and packs beautifully (never wrinkles either). Also, Jean Paul Gaultier's mesh items are weightless as well (they'll wrinkle but shower steam can do the trick). This leaves more room for cosmetics! But I haven't yet figured out how to minimize the weight of shoes -- especially boots -- when traveling. It's something to work on! All I can say is thank God for soft-sided luggage.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
i'm going to suggest a very inelegant solution. tupperware. Laughing that, or go to a local makeup store that has travel accessories. they usually have ones for powder. trust me, you do NOT want to go the baggie route, even if it means lugging a jar. been there, done that, and had the residue to show on all my clothes when the baggie decided to leak....
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:39 am      Reply with quote
After I use the rest of my BE Mineral Veil, I want to try the rose dust. After hearing about the packaging, I was planning on transferring the Jurlique dust to the empty Mineral Veil containter. I really like how you can put a small amount in the lid with the shaker top.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
LOL thanks again, la vie en rose. I really am crossing my fingers that my order even gets here in time Rolling Eyes but...as a precaution I do plan to head over to Sally's tomorrow to try to find something suitable. If not I will definitely o the tupperware route.
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
oooo have always wanted to try this... love jurlique! am an aussie tho so it is the only thing i can get cheaper at home than on EDS. and i mean teh ONLY thing. everything else is $100's cheaper... literally in some cases.
Jala
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:
However, my skin is very pale, and if white powder is just too light, I can recommend T.LeClerc tinted ones.

I loved the smell and feel of the lavendar silk dust, but it was a little too white for my complexion. No matter what brush I used or how I applied it, it would settle into my pores leaving little white dots on my face Embarassed
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Oh i would love to try this after reading the reviews. Can this be used like any loose powder?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |