Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
I am going to give Vit C a try
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
After reading all the benefits of Vit C I am ready to give it a shot. I have been eyeing PSF's product and Candy's, has anyone used both or have a recommendation?
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I was wondering about vit C too and wanted to try it. But there's so many brands that people have wrote about like:
Skin Medica
Skinceuticals
Cellex
Obagi (has their own Vit C + HQ)

Can anyone with an extensive knowledge or experience in using vit c brands comment?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I highly suggest you source a sample of any Vit C serum that interests you (just visit the website of the brand you'd like to try and look for their sample section). Try to always keep in mind that regardless of what brand anyone recommends, at the end of the day what works well for some may or may not work well for you (this is why samples are so important!).

Another way to gain a lot of valuable insight into any given Vitamin C serum is by performing a search for the product & brand(s) that interest you the most. Just click the Search button located on the right at the top of this window, and you're good to go!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
I highly suggest you source a sample of any Vit C serum that interests you (just visit the website of the brand you'd like to try and look for their sample section). Try to always keep in mind that regardless of what brand anyone recommends, at the end of the day what works well for some may not work well for you (this is why samples are so important!).

GREAT advice, ScotsLass! These forums are awesome because we can read and learn from everyone's experiences. But at the end of the day, no one else has skin exactly like yours (unless you have an identical twin, I guess!) so a product that does nothing for someone else may just be perfect for you!
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the tip! I did want to try some samples but I didn't know what % to go with. Does Skinceuticals let you buy samples or would I have to get them on eBay? I'm only in my early 20s and using Obagi because of hyperpigmentation.

I wanted to add a vit C in the mix too but I'm so confused! Should I start off with a lower 10%? Should I add vit E in it too??

Can anyone tell me what worked for them?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Again, you can find all of the answers to your questions by conducting a search of the EDS database. I am confident that you will find tons and tons of valuable information about every vitamin c serum available, as well as when and how to use it, strength to start at, where to buy it (including samples), etc., etc., etc.!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I tried vitamin c based products which claim to have a percentage of vitamin c but i dont think those products made any improvements to the skin those products tended make the skin feel hot and red for the first couple of minutes upon application and slightly sting Confused

I have also tried only vitamin c in terms of serums and creams but again i dint see any improvements and same reaction skin feeling hot and red for first couple of minutes 5-10.

I dont think vitamin c based products work well if at all as its very hard to store vitamin c.

anyway for now i just take the vitamin c pill 1000mg if not skin benefits at least it keeps the cold away Rolling Eyes
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info. I will look at some different threads for feedback on PSF and Candessence products. In the meantime I will also continue to take Vit C Ester (great for broken caps).
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I think the idea is to do as much research as possible, but it's hard not to get confused when you're doing a million searches and reading things from back in 2005.

But from the searches I have done, it seems the most mentioned is Skinceuticals, Cellex-C, SkinMedica, IS Clinical and PSF.

A lot of users who may have been using these products a year ago may have found something new or better by now. So instead of trying each brand, I rather pick one that most people vouch for.

I'm just saying it would be nice if someone who has used a number of brands could comment on each and tell us which one ended up being their HG!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
cawl and Careberry, I've used 2 different Vit C serums since March 2007 and will share my results.

the fine print: Very Happy Keep in mind that I may not be the best judge of which one is better since I haven't seen any noticable difference using either of them. This lack may be due to the fact that I have resistant skin or because I DON'T have any hyperpigmentation issues that so many use it for. I mainly use it as a preventative measure to help combat any free radicals caused by unwanted sun exposure.

The one thing I CAN tell you as that the brands I've tried haven't caused any additional breakouts nor clogged pores, which is a big plus in my book. They also provide the MINIMUM moisture I need. For drier skin, you'll likely need additional moisturizers.

Janson-Beckett C&C Facial Serum - this contains 2 types of vitamin C. 5% of Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate & Sodium Ascorbate - the magnesium ascorbyl phosphate is water soluable. Despite the great ingredients, I didn't care for this at all. The consistency was far too thick, so I had to use a lot. Considering the price for a little .5 oz. bottle of serum, this isn't something I'll repurchase.

Cellular Skin Rx C + Firming Serum - this is a 12% solution I'm currently using now. I do like this consistency much better than JB. It's very light, only a few drops will cover the entire face, neck and chest area. This 1 oz. bottle is an excellant price for what you get and will last me a long time.

The sample I have yet to use is PSF 15% Vitamin C serum, holding off to try it until I've finished my Cellular Skin RX.

I hope my rather vague impressions will be of some help, it really IS a rather imposing area of reseach Laughing

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
To use or not to use vitamin C...that is the question...the one that has plagued the EDS Board for FOREVER! Right now I'm using Cellex C 10% (the first VC I ever tried) I'll always love this stuff. My skin loves it. Skinceuticals vitamin C is another one I really like - it is textured similarly to Cellex C.

Another excellent but different-textured Vitamin C product is the one made by Vivier..(I think EDS still carries Vivier)...THe Vivier vitamin C is great for those who find that the Cellex C and Skinceuticals preparations have too much of a "bite".

I've never tried Vitamin C from Candessence and PSF BUT I might give one of them a go when I'm done my Cellex C. I've used other products from PSF and Candessence with excellent results so I'd be pretty confident that either shop would make a kickbutt Vitamin C....I'm starting to tire of paying what I think is a fortune for vitamin c preparations...Oh ya - I'd also consdider Cellular Skin RX...they have some really great products.

I think with Vitamin C you either love the preparation or you hate it. There are people who just love the watery-textured VC and then others who can only use VC that has "slip" to it (like the one by Vivier). The response to the different vitamin C products out there really varies so sample whatever you can before buying!
good luck!
puds
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I started with a high% - PSF 20% Vit C, as i dont have the patience to work the way up. surprisingly, my skin loved it even the first time i used it!!!

the only thing i dont like abt using Vit C is that u've to wait for some 10-15mins! Confused
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have used PSF 12% Vit C ,just have more blackhead Confused
cawl
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone for the all great info. I am still not sure what product of Vit c I will choose but I will definitly be adding to my regime since it is the one 'thing' I am not using that so many others are. I due have slight hyperpigmentation issues so I am really hoping to see results there but I will most definitely post my results. :D
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Vitamin C serum was the best thing I have ever done for my skin.

My favorite is Skincueticals 20. I started with the 10 moved up to the 15 and am now at the 20, which is the strongest. LOVE IT!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
mom2tommax wrote:
Vitamin C serum was the best thing I have ever done for my skin.

My favorite is Skincueticals 20. I started with the 10 moved up to the 15 and am now at the 20, which is the strongest. LOVE IT!

Hi Mom2tommax...what do you love about the Skinceuticals brand of Vit c? What made you choose skinceuticals over the other brands?
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Using vitamain c cream or serum after skin exposure has been shown to reduce the photo-damage to skin. It is one of the best things, besides avoiding the sun, that you can do for your skin
graceless_lady
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I took the plunge and ordered SkinMedica vit c complex at 15%, based on many absolute rave reviews here on EDS. It'll be my first time trying it - I've already got a pretty intense skin regime at night including retin-a and a non-hydroquinone skin lightener which i love, so i'm still a bit confused as to where this is going to fit in - but according to the research I've uncovered here, I'm thinking I'll go with it in the a.m. (but before or after sunscreen is the question!).
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I emailed PSF when I ordered their samples and they said the Vit C goes in the AM before anything. I've read that here as well. I think you'll see more of an effect with the Vit C goes first and let it absorb before applying anything else.

See.. I know this, just don't know which to buy so I taking ScotsLass advice and ordered the one brand that was easy to sample.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
graceless_lady wrote:
(but before or after sunscreen is the question!).

Before sunscreen for sure. When in doubt put sunscreen on last.
Kareberry*
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I finally got my samples from PSF! I bought the O2 serum, berry beneficial and of course the vit c 15%

It honestly felt like I was spreading water all over my face. The Vit c absorbed so quickly I had to use one drop on each cheek, nose and forehead! When I mean drop I mean a "drop" not the whole tube full. Is that too little? Is that why it's soaking in so fast?

The Vit c was also a light amber colour. I guess I was sort of expecting something clear and eventually turning a light amber colour. Does that mean it's changed on me already??
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I currently really like Skinceuticals. Also Transderma C Serum. hths Smile
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
Vitamin C serum should be applied before suncreen BUT most importantly AGAIN after sun exposure. This second application is what help fights the inevitable sun damage.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:47 am      Reply with quote
beeb,

I've never heard of applying Vit. C serum more than once daily. May I ask where you heard this? Thanks.
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
beeb,

I've never heard of applying Vit. C serum more than once daily. May I ask where you heard this? Thanks.

I read this in the American Journal of Dermatology:
"Vitamin C, a potent antioxidant, has been shown to prevent erythema and sunburn cell formation if applied after UV exposure."

So if you don't spend time in the sun then you would only apply it as a normal part of your morning regime, but if you are out in the sun then you would apply it after suntanning to prevent damage.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:16 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |