Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Makeup doesn't stay smooth on nose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
As titled. I'm very tired and frustrated of that. My makeup never looks good on my nose. There're pores, redness, and some bumps on my nose. So everytime when I put on makeup, it looks cakey and accentuates pores. My nose is oily to begin with. I tried various primers/base with no success. I don't like using silicones cuz it clogged my pores. I'm using the pearl paste and primer to help control oil a bit but still my nose is bumpy after makeup. I'm using Everyday Mineral Foundation. Can someone pls tell me what can I do to make my nose appear smoother? Any ways that I can make the makeup on my nose to stay longer? Thanks so much! I'm really depressed about this Crying or Very sad
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Paula's Choice has a mattifying (oil absorbing!) antioxidant serum, my son's girlfriend uses it on her nose, forehead and likes it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
Paula's Choice has a mattifying (oil absorbing!) antioxidant serum, my son's girlfriend uses it on her nose, forehead and likes it.

But there's cone in it.. Sad Thanks anyway CrazyForClooney =)
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sad

Sorry, those darn 'cones. Hope someone knows of a good mattifier for you. Maybe clinique, but they don't list ingredients on their website, I hate that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Stardusty, I used to have a similar problem. Like you, I use Everyday Minerals MMU, pearl paste and primer but nothing's gonna help until the underlying issues are addressed. Clear out pores, keep them clean and controlling over production of oil.

Once I switched from Murad acne treatments, I started using IFP BHA/AHA along with EpidermxII nearly every day. The BHA/AHA combine to clean within the pores, and light chemical and physical exfoliation encourage cell turnover in addition to keeping pores clear.

I also mask 2-3 times a week, using PSF mud mask once a week and PSF pumpkin peel twice a week. Using jojoba oil to remove makeup seems to help as well, but I tend to follow up OCM with standard cleanser. I noticed that bumps and blackheads disappeared after a month of changing these products, although I still sometimes squeeze the ooze from pores around my nose. But they're no longer blackheads!

After all this, makeup tends to look better. I really noticed a difference one day when I skipped my pearl paste and primer; I was an oily mess by noon!

Good luck sweetie and let me know if you have any questions; this is NOT worth getting depressed about. Developing cellulite like I am, however, IS a matter for serious depression Laughing

Athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ive had great sucess with Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion, the pores on my nose are pristine--FINALLY! It has Salicylic Acid (keeps pores clean), Glycolic Acid (exfoiliates dead skin) as well as Azelaic Acid (which I believes lightens sunspots and acne scars). Im going on my second month with using it at night only and boosting it two nights a week with my AH GA 12% souffle, both are wonderful treatments for congested/acne prone skin. Point being, my nose pores are no longer an issue or any other pore on my face for that matter. Yea for me! Very Happy
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid that BHA/AHA acid or those peel will be too strong for my sensitive mild rosacea skin. Sigh..... Sad
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Have you considered a gentle mud mask and a super gentle manual exfoliation (like a soft exfoliation cloth)? They should help with the pore size/congestion/dead skin issues without irritation. Just a thought. Think

P.S. Clean & Clear oil blotting papers would work well for your oil issue, that way your not adding powder through out the day and in turn making the problem worse.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
gottaHAVEitALL
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
CrazyForClooney wrote:

Pardon my ignorance... but what the heck is a cone?? Dimethicone??

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
gottaHAVEitALL wrote:
Stardustdy wrote:
CrazyForClooney wrote:

Pardon my ignorance... but what the heck is a cone?? Dimethicone??

Any sort of silicone/and or derivative. Hence the shortened generic "cone". Smile

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks for the reply but I'm afraid that BHA/AHA acid or those peel will be too strong for my sensitive mild rosacea skin. Sigh..... Sad

Hi Stardusty, I started off with a low dosage BHA/AHA before working up to my current strength of 5%BHA/10%AHA. I've never experienced peeling with this product, but imagine if I were to use something stronger I probably would.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
jkresk
5% products discount

Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Stong acids there and a MMU concealer will do the trick

Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |