Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Do you reveal your beauty secrets?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I was wondering something and would love to hear your guys views. In the last year my skin has transformed amazingly, sometimes even I can't believe it. Its changed to the point where I have people asking me what do I do? I do share a few ideas with family members and close friends but what do you tell aquaintances, girls at work, gym etc. I went through a period where I tested the water and would drop a couple of items like Retin a, emu oil or copper peptides. But then what I found was that some girls looked at me as if I had lost the plot to be applying so many things to my skin - imagine if I'd thrown in that I use a big gun dermaroller??.
So lately I just say I use MD Forte and although that seems to suffice I can see they don't fully believe me...do you guys know what I mean? Its a shame because they could all really benefit from my tips of information that I've gained from these forums. Its like these girls want to know what I'm doing but they don't want to admit or show that they want to know....
Its funny cos I willingly share my ideas on this forum no holding back whatsoever but with girls at work I'm reluctant.
Anyone else have this?
SnowWhite
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I know what you mean. There are some people that I will share every little detail of my beauty regimen with, but others that I do not because I don't want to come off as too "high maintenance." With people like that I just play down what I actually do. However, if someone is really interested because they are trying to improve their skin, I won't hold back. I am the same way with my clothes. If someone who I know is a frugal shopper asks me where I got a dress, I'll say "I got it at (insert expensive store here), but it was on sale- a great deal!" However, if one of my friends who is into fashion asks, I'll just tell them the name of the store and not be embarrassed that it might have been expensive.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I totally know what you guys mean - it's a shame we don't feel safe being 100% genuine with everyone, but some people are just eager to read into anything you say. I'm the same as SnowWhite - I'm up-front with people who seem to have a true genuine interest or whom I'm close to, but not so much with random strangers or acquaintances. I don't like coming off as high maintenance, but then again I'm much lower maintenance than many folks I know, just in different ways. But I don't usually share as much with the average person as I do with EDS gals - they just don't "get it" like folks who are here do.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
dips18
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that is so right - they think 'high maintenance' when you share stuff and yet deep down they want to know everything!!!
Get this, one girl at work is so inquistive. She has pigmentation BTW (keeps getting worse cos she keeps going out in the sun even though I told her she shouldn't) My hyperpigmentation USED to be far far worse than hers - which is now no longer the case. So she is so wanting to know stuff but acts 'uninterested' Anyway she kept asking so I thought I would share one thing and told her I had started taking supplements and get this - she got out a piece of paper and wrote down everything I took! Ha ha Laughing
It did improve her skin so that was good. But it has gone to a point where she 'watches'. Like what I'm eating, how much water I drink etc. Its so funny!!!! I mean all she has to do is drop the act, ask nicely in a genuine manner, and I would share a lot more but no go yet. Sigh.... I love this forum. Dips
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
I probably share too much. I tend not to hold anything back. If someone asks a simple question, I'll go into every detail of what I know on the subject, including everything that has helped and everything that has made it worse. I stop when I see the person's eyes glaze over. Embarassed I'm exaggerating a little (at least I hope so.) It's just that I like to help out, and I think it's a positive thing to share so that others benefit from my experience. I know I deeply appreciate it when someone gives me a tip that I find really beneficial.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
It really depends who's asking. My very good friends who are truly interested in what I use, I'll tell them everything until their eyes start to glaze over with too much info. Laughing

For the overly inquisitive co-worker who sticks her busybody nose into everything? I'll shrug and tell her it's a new "thing" I'm trying out, leaving the details to her overly prurient imagination.

I'm single right now, but when my guys have asked me, usually because they notice a change for the better, I'll shrug mysteriously and tell him it's a new "thing" I'm trying out, but I'm much nicer to him that I am to the nosy co-worker! Laughing If he really seems genuinely interested, I'll share more.

To the stranger walking down the street who stops me to tell me how good I look, I just tell them "Thank you honey, it's natural!" Laughing Unfortunately, this happens less often proportionate to the number of years and pounds I gain Confused

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
I don't really have any beauty secrets, so no I don't reveal them. Laughing My only secret must be to know your skin and what it wants/need, and ignore everything else. It was rather funny when a Sephora SA complimented me on my skin, and wanted to know what I did. I think she expected a list of expencive products with heaps of actives, but I said a gentle cleanser, mild toner and moisturiser/SS. Or maybe it was my total lack of make up and rather sweaty face that did it? Cool

My skin really likes it low profile, nothing harsh or abrasive. I think my strongest product is the Clinique mild toner, not alcohol and a minimal amount of BHA. Too bad, as I love skincare and would love trying new stuff..

Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |