Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Imposter posing as blinc w/volumizing mascara
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Geminiwoman
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
FYI... there is a company out there selling volumizing mascara under blinc's name. It is NOT blinc, but another company named "Kiss Me".

blinc is testing some volumizing mascara...but retailers have only been given one sample. So, it can not be purchased yet.

Unfortunately, I got taken. I just KNEW there was something wrong with this stuff, since it didn't work like blinc at all! I contacted them and got this info. Fortunately, I still had the tube it came in...both it and the mascara tube looked just like the real thing...but only said "Kiss Me" on it.

I am working w/the online retailer I purchased it from to get replacement products/refund. Unfortunately, I'd been raving about blinc to a friend, and bought this for both of us. Now, I have to get it back from her and send it to the company so they can investigate (I really hope that she didn't just hate it and throw it away!!!). I feel so stupid!

Good lesson for me... look at everything I get in the mail and make sure it's the real thing.

Posted this so no one else has the same awful experience!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks a lot, Geminiwoman. I'm been eyeing and wondering about this new mascara .... So kind of you to think of the others when you got 'trapped' yourself.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:47 pm      Reply with quote
well...I'm not sure what the heck is going on!

I went to Sephora tonight to get a new, regular blinc Kiss Me mascara. The packaging and manufacturer was the SAME as the volumizing one I'd gotten. The sales person told me they'd gotten new packaging. So, I think it really was a blinc product (tried it, and it performed just like the other I'd had...tubes and all). I reviewed the email I'd received from blinc, and what they'd said was if it said just Kiss Me on the tube... "that would be bad". Stupid me assumed (and you know what that makes me...an ASS) that it meant that the product wasn't blinc. What they may have meant was that the volumizing stuff was sold when it shouldn't have been.

I've sent the rep who'd emailed me another email asking for clarification on what the heck is going on. And told her that I feel somewhat deceived when they didn't correct my assumption that the product wasn't theirs (had sent them all the info from the "imposter" tube, and stated that I couldn't believe there was a fake trying to pretend they were blinc).

I tried the Kiss Me mascara that I got at Sephora (after making sure I could return it), and it performed just like the other I'd had...tubes and all! Also, reviewed the blinc website and they DO have new packaging that just says Kiss Me on it. Plus, the distributor was their exclusive distributor from the country I'd purchased it from. So, I think I'd been sent the volumizing formula when I shouldn't have. I'll post again when I hear back from them. I still want and expect a full refund for the volumizing formula I purchased.

Regardless...the Ultra Volumizing formula is crap in my opinion. I didn't notice any more volume than I'd gotten from the original formula, plus it smudged under my eyes, there were NO tubes to be seen anywhere, and it was very difficult to remove. Which is why I'd written and complained to them in the first place.

Now, I feel quadruply stupid!

Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |