Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

skin care in the wild
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
I've taken the plunge and am going to be going to Nepal for a 3 month medical internship, thus the facilities will be a bit more simplistic to say the least!
I'm concerned about keeping my face clean, and am wondering what I could take instead? Those facial cloths are convenient, but I find that most are too perfumed that I would breakout from them using them on a regular basis.
Maybe a good toner suggestion?
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
All the best, Hanna!

I've been using carekate's DIY recipe ACV toner and i found it really good.
rebelgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
You could try a cleansing water and have some witch hazel on hand too which you can use for cleansing and toning.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?CategoryID=0&brandname=&Brand=&title=cleansing+water&submit=Find+Products

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of maybe taking a spritz bottle and using bottled water to 'wash' my face rather than the well water Rolling Eyes (the price of vanity!)...any other suggestions?
I'm thinking a good toner will be must, better stock up on those cotton pads
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
any recommendations for a good toner that won't result in dryness and more breakouts based on daily use?
I'd like cheap seeing as this trip is going to drain me (too bad my face doesn't seem to like cheap Rolling Eyes )
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I like Thayer's Alcohol Free Rose Petal Witch Hazel toner. It smells great and is cheap at about $8 for a big bottle. I decant mine into a spray bottle and use it for everything -- toning, setting MMU, cooling down after coming in from the heat, etc. It's not at all drying as it's alcohol free.
hannahwebbo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I use some wipes from Dermalogica can remember the name but its something to do with skin purifying. These would probaly be good to use. I dont find them to be perfumed either.

I use Liz Earle Skin tonic as a toner. Which is very nice to use. You can get it fromwww.lizearle.com and it comes it big bottles or small spritzer bottles

Hannah
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
Alba toners are good and inexpensive. I have used both the sea kelp and the hibiscus. The hibiscus is probably my favorite as it smells like lemonade and makes a good spritzer.

I've also recently delved into the ACV toner thing. It's fun to make, and you could make tons of it to take with you.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
I like the idea of the rosewater, but how cleansing will it be?
I'm considering an astringent perhaps to aid in some acne-fighting properties, but most seem to have alcohol.

Also, what does everyone think of those cleansers that you tissue off?
persephone
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
I like the idea of the rosewater, but how cleansing will it be?
I'm considering an astringent perhaps to aid in some acne-fighting properties, but most seem to have alcohol.

Also, what does everyone think of those cleansers that you tissue off?

The Thayer's is actually witch hazel, so I think it has the astringent properties of regular witch hazel, just sans the alcohol.

I haven't personally used a tissue off cleanser, but I'd be leery of using something like that for 3 months straight. Seems like a recipe for clogged pores. When I travel, I actually like to use a bar soap I carry in a ziploc bag - something like Kiss My Face olive and green tea soap. It rinses really clean and is cheap and easy to transport around.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking because you're going to be in Nepal that you're worried about the supply of fresh water to wash your face with a traditional cleanser-right? I'd agree to apart from a normal cleanser i would take a supply of those wipe type cleansers along with me for sure though i can't recommend a particular brand i've seen lots about,i buy the cucumber one's from Boots and use these as normal wet wipes because i love the refreshing smell. I mean they are just so convenient but i think not intended for long term use. Have fun in Nepal Smile
Gabytza007

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I am retired and live in Florida and have found the perfect skin care product for the harsh Florida climate. Gerovital H3, distributed by Aslaskin is a break-through in skin care and I am sorry I did not find it earlier. Farmec cosmetics provide a great range of products at affordable prices!!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'd suggest the Fruit Enzyme Mist from MyChelle, although the fruity scent might attract bugs. Still, I find it to be a nice blend of astringent and moisturizing, and the spritz-on style means I use less, I think.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
One of my main concerns is the lack of fresh water, from my understanding it'll be mainly well water which is boiled, but I'm going to try and stick to using bottled water (which I feel bad about knowing what a resource-poor setting I'll be in, using fancy bottled water for my face, how vain Sad )

I'm trying to find an atomizer spray bottle, but no where seems to carry it or they're out of stock, grrr! I might just order one off an MMU site, it'll probably be quickest that way. I'm planning on using that to moisten my face and maybe wash my face that way, also misting and wiping to rinse. Once I get my hands on a misting bottle, I'll try it out at home and see how fathomable it is. I think I'm still going to take those face cleansing cloths and follow with an alcohol-free toner to ensure none of the gunk is left on my face, and then maybe a moisturizer or refining pearl cream to combat the inevitable breakouts. I've made peace that I'll breakout while there, but would like to minimize it as much as possible!

I'm also worried about my hair oils since I'll be lucky to get a shower a week Shock and I have VERY oily hair, that by the end of the day I'm a grease ball.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
Have you heard of the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt (no cleanser required). I suggest you read the reviews below the item description. I've been thinking about giving it a try myself.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-magic-mitt-p_2424.htm
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
I just started using her magic mitt, and though I think it's SLIGHTLY less magical than it claims to be, I do like it. Smile I still use a cleanser but it really helps with makeup removal and with gentle exfoliation, and it dries quickly so it doesn't harbor bacteria (at least that's what I like to think!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:50 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |