Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
How do you apply MAC eye paint?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I have the MAC 242 brush but the results seem pasty. I've also used a bigger brush and my fingers but somehow getting it all over seems clownish. I'm trying to achieve a sheer buildable layer. Any recommendations?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
There is a new product called Painterly which is the baby of Mac Paint and Fluidline. *drools*

But back to the Mac Paint question, just squeeze out the tiniest bit and apply it with your fingers. That way, it gets spread out quickly and sheerly before it dries.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Cuppre ,

Thanks for answering. hmm haven't been very good with my fingers but am probably using too much. My tube is brand new so even the slightest squeeze brings a lot out. It dries very fast and looks patchy before I have time to spread it out. Bllleeeggghh. Will try again. I looovve the color (cotton candy) but hate the effect I've been getting.

Painterly just sounds amazing IMO. Is it on the website?

Cat
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Agent OO-CAT wrote:
Hi Cuppre ,

Thanks for answering. hmm haven't been very good with my fingers but am probably using too much. My tube is brand new so even the slightest squeeze brings a lot out. It dries very fast and looks patchy before I have time to spread it out. Bllleeeggghh. Will try again. I looovve the color (cotton candy) but hate the effect I've been getting.

Painterly just sounds amazing IMO. Is it on the website?

Cat

Technically avail from August third. Nordstrum has the most colors at the moment, but MAC will bring more as time goes by. it is a permanent item.

To minimise the squishing out thing (I feel your pain), unroll the tube and when you squeeze, put your finger tip over the hole. Squeeze very gently of course Very Happy. That should do the trick.

What color did you get?

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I use MAC paint in untitled almost everyday as a base as it covers any dark veins on my eyelids and is a good colour match to my skin.
I use the tiniest amount on my finger tip and spread over my eye lid.
A tube will last forever and yes the it is annoying when you squeeze out too much.

Those paint pots look fantastic, I can't wait to get my hands on the coppery shade, I think it is Indianwood Drool

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:

What color did you get?

I got canton candy (bright pink but can actually look really sheer and lovely). Also have bamboom, which is a great nude for me (so much so that the patchiness of my application wasn't noticeable), Stillife (which is too bright for everyday but fantastic for pm) coupled with Deep Shadow (a gorgeous plum). Hmmm, am I sounding like a MAC addict?

Will try small amounts. I think that so far, the others have been so sheer that my application method didn't matter. The canton candy is so dense that it shows. Thanks for the feedback ladies.

Painterley looks amazing. I want Painterley itself (soft pink), Background...and more!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |