Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
::Review:: PHYSICAL sunscreen towelettes, yay!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I just came across some sunscreen towelettes the other day when I was in a store that sold baby clothes as well as grown-up clothes. I was so excited! I've been nagging my paler-than-Casper boyfriend about wearing sunscreen, but of course since he's not all gung-ho about it like me, he wasn't jazzed to learn that I disapprove of most of the chemical formulations out there, since they tend to be cheaper, more readily available, and often with a better application (no whitish cast, etc.). I was going to cave and buy him the Dermalogica or Desert Essence sunscreen towelettes, just so he could carry them around in his car and have something to use in a pinch, since I figured even a chemical formula is better than nothing, and I wanted to make it as easy and accessible as possible so he'd actually start using SS, haha.

But now, no need to compromise! Well, that's not quite true - these towelettes do contain stuff I prefer to avoid, like butylene glycol, dimethicone, and parabens. But it's a worthwhile trade for stuff that has good SPF (30) in my opinion. Active ingredients are 4.7% titanium dioxide and 15.9% zinc oxide. The minerals are nanoparticles so they don't leave a white cast at all, and the formulation is fairly dry and not noticeable. I don't think the towelettes are really all that "wet" so you probably need a few before you're really protected, but it's so nice how the texture isn't awful or sticky - I usually hate the feeling of sunblock on my skin, but these are very light and nice. There's a pleasant but strong fragrance to them, and it does seem to stick around quite a bit. These say they are SPF 30 but I haven't yet put them to the test in the sun, and it will probably take me a while to do so, but I'll update once I do.

The company's name is MDMoms, and the product I got is here. In case you can't tell, the packaging is like a package of baby wipes, in that there's a strong sticker to cover the whole where you pull them out, and there are 15 in each baggie (for $26 USD - not cheap!). They also have singles that I kind of wish I'd bought instead, because the packaging looks smarter, but then again it's more expensive that way. Either way, these definitely aren't cheap so they're no substitute for regular sunscreen IMO, but they seem good for "oops!" moments when you forget coverage but can just whip one of these out. I'll probably buy the singles and tuck one in my car, one in my wallet, and one in my gym bag or something.

Anyway, sorry to go on and on, but I figured with all the other sunscreen savvy folks on here, this info has to be helpful to someone else, too. Happy sun protection!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
sounds interesting!

i have been eying (sp?) the desert essence towlettes for a while now but have not bought them because i still have the alba spf's.

is this easy to use? maybe i'll cave in and buy some of the desert essence ones because i'll rather avoid parabens.

thanks for sharing!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the parabens, but I prefer the sun protection of a physical blocker, so it's kind of a trade-off. I do find these super-easy to use - much better than a normal sunblock formulation. HTH!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Gee, these sound wonderful!

I went on the site and was in the process of ordering the singles (you get 3), but when I went to checkout the shipping was over $8.00 for an item that was around $7.00!!! So, I didn't order them - that's an insane amount for shipping!!

What store did you find them at - maybe there is one by me.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
I found them at "Posh" in Portland - poshbaby.com, I think. But I bet they have them at other swanky baby stores - that is a massive amount of shipping for a tiny item. Vincent Longo recently charged me $9 to ship four lip stains! Not exactly a heavy item! Rolling Eyes

iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
15 Towelettes for $26.00 seems a bit pricy. But I do like the idea of towelettes.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:11 am      Reply with quote
thats nothing iv ended up paying up to 30-35 dollars for a a bottle of sunblock Embarassed
what can i say though im desperate for these products and well they are still cheaper including shipping then buying from here. ALthough i will not purchase when the shipping charge is more then the product itself, thats why when i purchase i tend to buy a bunch of products online from one site then 1 product from each site.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
So I just came across a Tocca SPF 30 sunscreen towelette product from Sephora, but it's been out of stock for so long that I haven't yet been able to try them out. Still pricey, but it might be nicer feeling or smelling than the other one I had found. Or just easier to find (eventually, one would hope!). I will update if I ever manage to get my hands on these! ETA: Just noticed they have an $8 trial-sized version, that is magically in stock (for now). Huzzah!

System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |