Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How many of you know about EWG?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 am      Reply with quote
EWG stands for environmental working group. It has a database of over 22,000 cosmetic products. Each product is rated 0-10 on cancer,toxcicity etc. with 10 being the worst. You can access this database bywww.ewg.org and click on the cosmetic database then type in the product name such as deodorant in the search field, it will list all deodorants in its database with the rating. You can also type in specific brand names. If your product is not in the data base then you have an option to report information on that product such as the ingredients and they will add the product and rate it for you. I love using it for all cosmetics and personal care products. I was surprised about some of the products such as Obagi which is rated at 10 and Ban rollon unscented deodorant at 1 which helped me allot because I was looking for a low cancer rating deodorant. Just thought I would let you guys know since all of us are concerned about our long term health!
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight, I went to the site and tried typing in deodorant because I want to check the rating of the type I use, but all that came up were news releases and articles. Where do you find the listings and ratings?
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Starlight. Thanks so much! The sunscreen ratings are an eye opener for sure (there are 75 pages of them). This is a good reference site.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
Starlight, I went to the site and tried typing in deodorant because I want to check the rating of the type I use, but all that came up were news releases and articles. Where do you find the listings and ratings?

Never mind, I figured out what I was doing wrong. I was typing deodorant into the search bar on ewg.org. Here's the link that takes you right to the cosmetic database in case anyone else is blind like me and has problems finding it. Laughing http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
What a great, informative site. I may never get any work done today...hehe.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Wow this is very interesting! TFS.

Deb
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
I love this site. And I get their newsletters. They help me to steer toward very simple and natural products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link Starlight Very Happy It will sure be a good reference tool. All I need to do is remember to check it before making my next purchase Laughing
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I found this site a while ago too. Its good information but sometimes a bit too much Razz
Starlight
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:
I found this site a while ago too. Its good information but sometimes a bit too much Razz

Yes, it does have some very useful and great info. and one has to use their own good judgement on whether to use a particular product or not! I try not to get too carried away. The sight has helped me choose products that are more suitable to my needs. A informed consumer makes better choices. I am very thankful for EWG and this site!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:55 am      Reply with quote
Starlight, Thank you very much! Great, helpful and important information and I will pass this on to others.
missmia
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
WOW! Interesting stuff but doubt it will really affect the products that i use-honestly..........
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using EWG since I discovered it a couple years ago, but I have expressed in some EDS posts that I think some of their skincare/ingredient info is a bit too "alarmist", and a few others on here have agreed with me. I'm VERY careful about ingredients, yet I find their warnings to be much too limiting. It's definitely a good reference to include so you have a well-rounded perspective though, as I find other "ingredient watchdog" sites like Paula's to be too lenient for my tastes.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
Very interesting! I may have to check the site before I purchase more product.
alimwj
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love this site and always check out the ingredients before buying the cosmetics.. to make sure i'm using safe products on my skin. ^^
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
This site was a real eye-opener. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Thanks for posting the site.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |