Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rooibos tea fades red marks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Gattina
5% products discount

Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
Yesterday I made a toner with ACV and rooibos tea and after just one use it faded the red marks I got from obsessive picking (I'm a bad girl, I know, can't help it). They're not completely healed yet but this faded them remarkably. I'm amazed because usually nothing ever works for my skin.

I'm just so glad that I've finally found something that actually works for me. I hope it keeps working too... Very Happy

Oh, and I might add that rooibos tea also tastes good and has many health benefits... It actually has more antioxidants than green tea.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the interesting report!

IFP's Antioxidant Spritz, which I have, has rooibos as a main ingredient. I might try your idea as well. Smile
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to make some of this for myself.

can you post the brands, amounts that you used to make your solution?

thanks

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
what kind do you use ? I have the red , and would like to have the white but can't find any in RL.
Gattina
5% products discount

Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:09 am      Reply with quote
The one I tried was the Lipton brand, but after that I bought another brand (Nordqvist, a Finnish brand, I doubt it's available elsewhere) which I haven't tried yet. But I think any regular Rooibos tea would work.

My solution had 1/4 ACV and 3/4 rooibos tea. Be sure to steep the tea for a pretty long time, at least for 30 minutes, preferably longer.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:23 am      Reply with quote
oooh, I might try this. CUrrently I have ACV and chamomile toner going, but I think I mixed it too strong-- too much ACV. Gattina, did you add any EOs to your toner?
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
Has this worked for anyone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:

IFP's Antioxidant Spritz, which I have, has rooibos as a main ingredient. I might try your idea as well. Smile

As skim asked, I would also like to know if anyone else has had any success with rooibos.

And Melanie, have you managed to try out IFP's spritz yet?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Going to try it tonight! Just bought some red rooibos tea, and since I have IPF, I can just compare and contrast.

That said, i am thinking the magic ingredient is the ACV since IPF's spritz had not helped to fade my red marks. Crying or Very sad

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:21 am      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:
Going to try it tonight! Just bought some red rooibos tea, and since I have IPF, I can just compare and contrast.

That said, i am thinking the magic ingredient is the ACV since IPF's spritz had not helped to fade my red marks. Crying or Very sad

Thanks cuppre. Keep us posted on the rooibos tea, as there are some marks I want to fade.
How long have you used the IFP spritz? I was going to get it along with the healing serum but if the spritz didnt work for you...I think I'll delay the order.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
yeahyeah wrote:
melanie haber wrote:

As skim asked, I would also like to know if anyone else has had any success with rooibos.

And Melanie, have you managed to try out IFP's spritz yet?

Yes, I have tried it, although it would take me forever to know if it was helping with red spots. I do know what I like the feel of it and the smell. It might actually work as a moisturizer in the summer, defending on what one wants aout of one.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:28 am      Reply with quote
Reporting back Very Happy

I used loose rooibos tea and added near boiling water to it, adding just enough water to cover the tea and just a little bit more. I let that steep for 30 mins. I then added a capful (from the ACV bottle) of ACV.

I agree with melanie haber that this can work as a moisturiser, especially in the summer as my skin doesn't feel dry despite not using any moisturiser.

In terms of fading red marks, not for me. Mine comes from picking at my spots Embarassed (I can't help it!).

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Melanie and cuppre...as nice as the spritz and the rooibos tea sounds, I think I will lay it off for a while....until there's more reports saying it works...or if my acne goes away Wink

5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I think this has stopped working for me... Unfortunately. Sad
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear that Gattina.

So after fading old marks, for the new, fresh marks its not working?

Wed Aug 22, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
I have been drinking Rooibos tea for some time, I get organic red and green(unfermented but orange in color brewed) from The Gathering Place in British Columbia. We actually vacation there every year so I buy it then. I have been thinking about making a body cream/moisturiser with a Rooibos base but have never made one before. I thought the color might extend my tan, such as it is, besides having the benefits of all the antioxidants. Would I need to use bees wax or would it be possible to blend it with warm coconut oil and let it set up in the fridge. I have read some general recipes but am worried about storage. Any suggestions?
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have no Rooibos suggestion, but if you want to experiment with extanding your tan, get a huge bunch of onion skins. The yellow kind. You can sometimes get lots of onion skin from grocery stores that are happy to have it taken away.
Boil them in a big pot for a long time and you will get a dark tea-colored liquid. If you leave eggs in it for a long time (once it's off the fire), you will get varying degrees of brown, depending on how long they sit there -- up to a strong tea color. This is an Eastern-European Easter egg dying technique. Onionskin also has quercetin (a potent anti-inflammatory), but I don't know if the quercetin actually survives boiling. Anyway, you might experiment with that concoction on a patch of your skin.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
melanie haber wrote:
I have no Rooibos suggestion, but if you want to experiment with extanding your tan, get a huge bunch of onion skins. The yellow kind. You can sometimes get lots of onion skin from grocery stores that are happy to have it taken away.
Boil them in a big pot for a long time and you will get a dark tea-colored liquid. If you leave eggs in it for a long time (once it's off the fire), you will get varying degrees of brown, depending on how long they sit there -- up to a strong tea color. This is an Eastern-European Easter egg dying technique. Onionskin also has quercetin (a potent anti-inflammatory), but I don't know if the quercetin actually survives boiling. Anyway, you might experiment with that concoction on a patch of your skin.

melanie, have you tried this? Does it leave you smelling like onions?

Thanks Gattina for posting this thread, BTW - the discussion of Rubios tea intrigued me, so I ordered it from Mountain Rose Herbs. I planned on drinking it, however, as opposed to using it in skincare but I'll probably try mixing a wellbrewed batch with rose hydrosol and a bit of seamollient and see if it helps hyperpigmentation on my hands.

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
jennitang

Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Ecuse my ignorance, but what is ACV?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
jennitang wrote:
Ecuse my ignorance, but what is ACV?

apple cider vinegar

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
Athena, sorry I never answered this! No I have never tried it myself, and have never heard of anyone doing it either! I have seen what it does to eggs many times, though, and thought about what it might do for hair...
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |