Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Review: Julie Hewitt lipsticks for over 50s
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 05, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I know there has been a very long thread on Julie Hewitt products and although I knew that EDS was going to get them (thanks MODs!!!), I couldn't wait and ordered two after studying the posts and the numerous pictures that people have been kind enough to put on. My major concern was that the lipstick might be too drying for my age group. I ordered Kiki and Film Noir (coulnd't resist the latter name--anybody else buy lipstics because of their suggestive, poetic, whatever names?) Anyway, many posters suggested layering the lipsticks to get the color you want for the look you want to create. These two have worked out really well for me. Kiki looks good alone when I want to pretend to have no lipstick on, while Film Noir added on top makes a really great statement for me. If it's for evening, I just add one more coat of Film Noir and round out my lips just slightly past the edges. It looks good, looks natural and somehow the two together are not drying, though once in a while, I guess mainly in the a.m., I sometimes put a thin coat of Smith's Rosebud salve on to prevent any dryness. I think I will be experimenting with JH lipsticks and maybe blushers once the casual, careless summer days are over. They add a whole new dimension to being creative with lipstick.
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 06, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello existential lady,

Thank you for the review. I am also hoping that EDS will start carrying these lipsticks. I'm not a fan of lipstick usually as I end up eating them and/or people ask me why I have "so much make-up on"!! I am curious that Kiki gives you a no-make-up look??

Glad they are working out for you.

Cat
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
You say, you wonder how Kiki gives me a no-makeup look? Maybe it's just in the eye of me as beholder, but it's quite pale, not pink-mauve as the write-up claims, but more of a slightly natural, maybe a bit coral color and at least in summer it makes me look unmade-up, if you know what I mean. I also wear Shiseido tinted moisturizer in Medium at the same time, have a slightly dark complexion and it looks great together! I can't wait for EDS to have all the Julie Hewitt products, as they are beautiful and feel very luxurious.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
I have the Nude Noir and like it. I've been wanting the Film Noir but thought I'd wait for EDS to get it in.

And yes Existential Lady, I like the name too. I once bought a lipstick that wasn't a color I'd normally wear because it's name was Babe and it reminded me of a character in a book.LOL

Kimberly
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
HI, I am a lipstick fan and these sound very promising!
Of course the dilemma is "What Color to choose? Where did you go to find the help in choosing?
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Sister Sweets, word on the Forum street is that Julie Hewitt has arrived at EDS and it's just a matter of getting her products shelved, so I would await that day! At least on the JH site they have lots about the colors. Besides if you do a search on here for Julie Hewitt there was a very long thread with pictures of how various combinations of colors looked! Lots of fun to read and learn from.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
how EXCITING!!!!!!!!!
time to use my voucher!

Smile

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
I am one of the older - late 40's ladies on the forum and was wondering if anyone else in the range 47-48 - (there about) has used the cheekies or the lipsticks regularly. I am dying to try the reds - have read (red!) all about how wonderful they are on the 30 somethings but was wondering about for us.

Also any advice on choosing cheekie colors. Are they okay for oily skin? And color for a light-medium slightly warm tone?

thanks for ANY help. Dying to try this stuff. Also I am using the L2K system but want these to cheat with ...! Ha Ha
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I am one of the older - late 40's ladies on the forum and was wondering if anyone else in the range 47-48 - (there about) has used the cheekies or the lipsticks regularly. I am dying to try the reds - have read (red!) all about how wonderful they are on the 30 somethings but was wondering about for us.

Also any advice on choosing cheekie colors. Are they okay for oily skin? And color for a light-medium slightly warm tone?

thanks for ANY help. Dying to try this stuff. Also I am using the L2K system but want these to cheat with ...! Ha Ha

I am in your same age group. I don't know if my comments can help since I do not wear 'reds' but normally like dusty-rose type of colors. I have bought the color 'ANNETTE'and found the color to be too intense for me - so I am putting it aside for winter. I have bought the palette 'Mandy' - and like it a lot. Will be buying the 'Kiki' and 'Film Noir' lipsticks when they are 'live' on EDS.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, I'm definitely in the 50 plus age group, and I find that dark and bright lipsticks are aging on me. However, I can get away with darker or brighter colors if I go with a sheer lipstick. I ordered three of the JH sheers some months ago and love them. Nice and sheer and very emollient too. Existential Lady is quite right that Kiki is a peachy corally color, but very pale. Biba is a light nude, and Jules is a beautiful rusty red-brown. I think Biba and Jules are best for warm complexions, and Kiki could go either way. The best thing about these lippies is how good they are for layering--Biba softens and warms lipsticks that are too bright/cool/dark for me. And Kiki tones down lipsticks too. Jules got retired over the summer, but once fall kicks in, it's back in my rotation.

I can't wait to try film noir. And her concealer pencil sounds great as a reverse lip liner, especially for us 50 plussers...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the help:
Lifeisbeautiful - What is the Mandy palette? I've heard of this before - don't know what's in it.

I'm looking to get film Noir and Jules and maybe Gem noir? Not sure about this for me. Any opinions on the gem noir. How bright, dark, etc....
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
One more thing:
Flitcraft - what is the concealer pencil (a lip pencil?) I was wanting the Omit color and see that it isn't on EDS.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I think that the Omit pencil is designed as a concealer pencil that can also be used as a reverse lip liner to corral lipstick from bleeding and also to line the lower eye lids as a subtle brightener.
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
My EDS order arrived last week and among the goodies I ordered was film noir lipstick. It is nicely sheer but with a good pop of color to it. Although the description is that it is a blackberry stain, I would say that it is not as purple toned as that would imply. I consider it a lovely neutral berry tone. It's beautiful on its own and can be warmed up a tad by layering it over biba.

I have found through trial and error that my preferred lipsticks are sheer but with noticeable color to them. They flatter my 50-plus mature face more than in-your-face saturated colors or nudes that just make me look older and tired. Film noir and jules are my two favorite JH sheers, with kiki and biba better as layering and softening lipsticks.

One of these days I will do a long post about my adventures looking for the perfect sheer lipsticks. I think I may have tried 'em all...
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed my first order for Julie Hewitt - I am close to 50 so I felt like this was more the place to post VS with the 20 and 30 somethings!

Anyway I picked out the Camelia lip balm, and sheer colors of Kiki, Jules and Film noir. I wish I had some way to see these and try on. It's difficult to buy lipstick based on faith and description. but I did it!!!! Hope they work for me like they have for so many others.

Now just don't tell Kandis (L2K) These are my cheat lippies - I threw the junk away.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |