Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help for good brighting moisturizer preparing for new job!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
After getting inspired by this forum and all of your suggestions and posts i set up beauty regime for me and incorporated routine of proper cleansing with mild cleanser cetaphil (earlier i used wash with soap),toning and spf moisturizer (olay for sensitive skin) and vitamin C serum(dr varons). I also started taking acne medicine minocin prescribed by dermatologist.
I have great results with the above mentioned routine and my skin though not perfect but is far better than it used to be.
As now its been more than 3 months that i am sticking to my routine I want to take my beauty care regime to the next level and need your help for this. One more reason is that after 2 months in mid october or Nov starting I'll join my first job in US Dancing so i want to look my best for that....Smile

I am happy with all other thing but want to try different moisturizer though olay is suiting my sensitive skin but now i am greedy for more improvement in my skin. What I am looking from moisturizer is brighter and dewy soft skin.

I tried lot of different moisturizer that fitted in my budget like 'nutregona with soy for even skin'(burn my skin Sad ),'Loreal', 'olay', 'nivea' and 'Dr. Varon'( i liked its C serum very much but moisturizer doesnt suit me at all i had major peeling with its retinol content and skin was very dry)

I liked nivea and olay but its effect is not very dramatic and not contributing anything towards brightness.So now i am tempted to go out of my budget and invest in very good basic 2-3 things and want to stick to it.
I researched alot on this forum,books(beauty bible and others) and award winning products on internet. And after that i shortlisted following products moisturizer and on top of it brighting creme.
Moisturizer
#1Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Lotion SPF 30for normal/Combination Skin

#2Shiseido
brightening protective mositurizer spf16 pa++.

brighting product
# 1 Estee Lauder Spotlight Skin Tone perfector

#2 Chanel PrecisionMaximum radiance creme.

I was quite excited about these products and wanted to take suggestions of you guys but yestederday only i saw a post of 'Product on your no-no list' on this forum and found most of people dont like estee lauder or shisiedo products and got confuse.
Please Please help me out and help me select good moisturizer and brighting creme.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Have you tried Olay Definity (there is a fragrance free version I like). The glucosamine in it provides a little brightening. I like it and I am dry.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
CrazyForClooney wrote:
Have you tried Olay Definity (there is a fragrance free version I like). The glucosamine in it provides a little br
bightening. I like it and I am dry.

Hey thanx for your suggestion.
No i didnt try olay definity but tried dr.Varon's Glucosamin Moisturizer at wallmart and didnt like it. I had major peeling with this.
So I am more interested in antioxidant packed moisturizer. I used to have oily skin but recently it is changed to more on dry side..may be age change ..i'll turn 30 this year end Sad. And skin is very sensitive. cant tolerate products containing aha or retinol Sad.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
After waiting for so many days..and getting no suggestions from anybody Sad (why ..why u guys didnt reply me Embarassed )..I couldn't wait any longer and couldn't resist and finally I udpdated my makeup-wardrobe with following things:-
I bought Estee Lauder DayWear Plus Multi Protection Anti-Oxidant Lotion SPF 15 for dry Skin(coulnt get spf 30 it was not available and i was getting impatient) and Estee Lauder Spotlight Skin Tone perfecter for brightnesses which needs to be applied over moisturizer and under foundation which can be skipped. And in long run it claims to give even toned skin..which i'll find out after long run only Laughing
But I can say that on first application I liked it . As it gave me instant radiance shine but without greasiness.

I also bought Neutrogena pore refiner toner containing aha(35%) and bha
It contains alcohol also which is little disappointing. When I applied it its kind of very strong bit stingy and very strong smell but that disappears after 2 minutes. You can feel its strongness in ur eyes also Sad

But I still want to bear it as It cleanse my face thoroughly and remove lot of dirt and other leftover from skin after cleansing. And it has aha and bha also that are good for my kind of breakout prone scarry skin.
One thing I am amazed by this is that after being so strong in application it didnt give any rash or any other skin discomfort next morning which i always have after applying anything that contains aha however milder percentage.
I decided to use it only once a day (as otherwise it can be very drying) that too in nighttime(as aha and bha makes ur skin sun sensitive) and then apply Vitamin C serum over it(cos i feel after applying aha; serum can penetrate deeply).. and then after 20 min apply moisturizer to offset the drying effect that might occur after toner and serum application.

And yes i also received estee lauder free sample kit one week supply (moisturizer,night repair serum and skin re finisher) which i decided not to use now and will use after some time as i dont want to overwhelm my skin with so many new products cos its already very sensitive.

So these are the changes that i made to my routine after getting inspired by you lovely ladies and I am very excited about it Dancing ..I'll keep you guys updated with its results.
And please if you want to suggest me anything about the usage of this product or any other improvement in my routine I'll be grateful to you.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
i don't know how helpful this'll be as i personally haven't used the brand, but a lot of people here rave about the obagi system for brightening the skin overall. if you're really serious about investing in a lighter skin tone, you could give the basic product line a try. there's TONS of threads on this, just search for "obagi" in the subject title.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
Try NARS Brightening Serum (before primer and foundation) which adds a pearly sheen to your face. The SA said this is used by many Hollywood celebrities. Check it out first at the NARS counter. I personally like it very much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ritas!

Sorry there werent many replies on this thread to help you out.
I havent used any of the products you mentioned above but there is one serum that seems to fit what you are looking for.

My mum has gone through a whole bottle of Caudelie's radiance serum for her slight pigmentation, and whilst it has faded it a little bit, I have noticed that her skin is a lot more bright and glowy. However, saying that she told me not to repurchase as her problem is the pigmentation not dull-looking skin.

I've tried the serum for my acne marks, but after about 4 uses, I couldnt see where I could fit it into my regime, so gave up.

You may want to try out the samples first or see if there's a counter nearby.

YY

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Caudalie Radiance Serum, and the first few weeks noticed a huge difference in acne scars, but mainly the fresher ones (Older discolouration is harder to fade). After the initial changes though, I didn't see any further results, and I think it might have been the culprit of a slight breakout/rash.
I exchanged it (at sephora) for the Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel, and my skin is a lot brighter and glowier! I also added in a pearl cream which was working decently well, but upon my recent addition of Thayer's Rose water/witch hazel toner, the pearl cream seems to work that much better. So not only am I more glowy looking, but pores look smaller (still large, but a huge improvement for me) and I find myself much less oily.
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
Hey All,

Thanks so much for your replies and suggestions.
hey yeahyeah I was just kidding about replies.
Actually its me only who was getting so impatient and couldn't wait any longer for replies as i was kinda of desperate to have something better in my routine and went for shopping without suggestions.

Its been around 5 days that I am using these products. Though i haven't experienced any noticeable brightening but I am still feeling happy that i am following the routine doing some good for myself.

I can see that my scars got lighter though not very much but they certainly have decreased. So I am hoping that with time ...may be in 1 months time ill have better results. So right now I want to stick with my routine and at least use it for next month but after that i'll definitely like to make some modification in moisturizer or C serum to see how other works. Currently I am using varon's c serum and waiting for anybody who can suggest me c serum better than this and want to go for better c serum.

youngrace thanks for suggestion for obagi i searched for that in this forum and found that its more for pigmentation and freckles whereas i dont have both and moreover they say to use entire line for benefits which is quite expensive for me.

Lifeisbeautiful i checked NARS Brightening Serum review here and people didn't like it and reviewed it as bad.
I have heard allot about Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel and peral creame and would definitely like to try them.HannaLee which brand of pearl cream do you use and is it specifically for brighting ? what other benefits you have with pearl cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hi! I hope your new regimen works for you skin!

As for the pearl cream, I've PMed you the brand that I use as per forum rules, but I'll post my results with the pearl cream here just in case anyone else was curious.

It doesn't work specifically for lightening or brightening your skin, but I find that it really helps bring out the effects of my JB peel. The JB peel makes my overall complextion 'brighter' and smoother, and by following with the pearl cream it helps even out the texture. The pearl cream has really helped with my pore size and oiliness. If you search the forum, there should be several other posts about other people's results using the pearl cream.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |