Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What should I do for my skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
tnmom66

Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
I got enticed into buying a AALS, or rather "Lightstim for wrinkles" based on the free trial and the splitting up of payments over 5 months. I still can't "really" afford it, but I am wanting to look as good as I can as I am back in the dating pool and looks are so important in making a first impression, especially online. So, I am considering this a real "investment".

I use topical vitamin C-1 part L-ascorbic acid powder to 4 parts purified water, spray it on a couple of times a day, . I use oils...coconut, avocado, safflower, olive, jojoba (so expensive!-I try to blend with others), almond. I do some facial massage, but not diligently. I am careful to avoid the sun and I go through a lot of sunscreens, but I really don't like the idea of putting chemicals on my skin so much.

Issues...I have pics if anyone would like to analyze my problems. I have enlarging pores (I have oily skin), sagging of jowl and throat. My throat,decolette,hands, forearms are THE WORST. My throat has gotten all weird textured in the last year or so. I am sure sun is a big cause of these problems...just below my neckline, the tops of my breasts look nice, around my collarbone is just yucky. The crepe-like texture of my throat and the way it seems to just be getting droopy is alarming.

I also have some weight to lose...don't think weight loss alone will help my chin/neck, especially after looking at my profile pics.

I'm 46, never have smoked, try to avoid sun but I'm a natural redhead with fair skin.

I have seen Kassy's hand pics and my hands look a lot older than hers.

I spend about 3 hours a day in the car and I hope to seen get some sort of solar shield film for my windows.

I am glad my face looks young, but I want my neck and hands to match.

Despite the splurge on the AALS (I'll send it back if I don't see some results in 2 months), I am budget conscious. And I like to use natural products.

There is so much info here it is overwhelming.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Here is something that has been very effective for me - and is great on a budget.

I make a semi-DIY Lactic Acid Toner that I use 5-6 days a week. My skin has never been smoother and has helped with the pores as well.

88% Rainwater Botanicals Troubled Skin Facial Toner to 12% Lactic Acid. However, I would suggest starting with 5% Lactic Acid and work up from there. 12% is just what I have found is effective for me.

Even if you don't doctor it up, this is a wonderful toner at just $10!

http://www.etsy.com/listing/61959656/troubled-skin-toner-with-frankincense

Perhaps add in a good Vitamin A product? I am liking Osmosis Correct, but I also have my eye on the Retinol serum at NCNskincare.

Fo saggy skin, look into a micro current device (someone else can jump in here as I am just starting to research) or Copper Peptides.

For oily skin, I would not use coconut or avocado. These are "heavier" oils and may contribute to breakouts.

AALS: I have one also and like it. No impact on fine lines - just gives me a nice creamy tone to my skin.

Finally, no need to apply vitamin C serum a few times a day. That could actually be counter productive and make your skin drier in the long run. L-AA will stay in your skin about 72 hours... so you really only need to apply every other day.

Smile Hope this helps!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:27 am      Reply with quote
The lightstim has been a good choice for me and other members here, give it some time. I also do believe in microcurrent and only wish I have discovered it in my thirties. With your concern about being on a budget I would suggest the Nuface and you can get it on ebay used. I do microcurrent treatments with a professional microcurrent machine but I do daily tune ups with the Nuface. Nuface is very effective for the neck and lifting the cheeks. If you watch ebay you can get one for between 100.00 to 150.00.
Good luck in the dating world, nothing like a romance to lift your spirits and face! Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:55 am      Reply with quote
To get results from AALS, it takes time as you know so be patient. I read great reviews on this gadget from forum members.. For temporary solution to your enlarged pores, buy L'Oreal Magic Perfecting Base at Walmart or any drugstores. This base is applied under any foundation and it will camouflage "temporarily" your enlarged pores and will give you a nice coverage as if you don't have large pores. Use long gloves up to your arms when you drive, it helps shield/protect arms/hands from the sun while driving. You can buy these at Dollar store for CDN$2 and come in different colors i.e. red, black, dark blue, brown, beige. Adapt a healthy lifestyle in terms of eating and getting regular exercise to lose the extra pounds. Clothes will fit better when you lose a little bit of weight and you will feel great about doing something for yourself in the long term. Good luck in the dating game!
tnmom66

Sun Dec 02, 2012 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Thanks all! Seems like people respond differently to different things. I hope I will see some improvements in the photoaged areas. I might try to get a nuface next. I have heard about copper peptides, but don't know much about them.
CookieD
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 am      Reply with quote
You could try to add Retin A to your nightly routine. If you are in the US it is a prescription medicine that most insurance plans don't cover but you can order some from oversea companies like All day chemist. Be SURE to use a Visa gift card type of credit card because a lot of people have had trouble with fraud on their cc. (there is a thread about this on EDS) You can also by products like ROC that can be bought at a drug store that contain a type of retinol but in a weaker dose. I don't have any personal experience with ROC but have read some good things about it. There are some really good OTC retinol products but they tend to be more expensive.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:32 am      Reply with quote
If you are interested in copper peptides, go to Products Reviews Forum, there is a thread all about copper peptides (you will see it on the first page)... Do your own research first on it before you decide to use copper peptides. Some people like it, some don't. I think depending on your skin's condition....I personally tried but did not like it so I gave it to my mom....
tnmom66 wrote:

I have heard about copper peptides, but don't know much about them.
daler
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I would say, facial exercises, retin A and sunblock is a MUST with retin A, n its much better to use all physical sunblocks containing zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide as sunblockers n no chemical sunblocks...

one of the best face exercise program particularly for beginners is LouLou's , it is simple to follow.. following is her link here on eds:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:54 am      Reply with quote
I agree with CookieD and daler that you need to include Retin-A in your daily skin-care regimen. It is an cream-based topical that you apply AT NIGHT to improve the condition of your face/neck in general. Get a prescription from your general doctor and ask to get the lowest strength to start, say 0.025% strength. Use pea-size amount every other day to start until your skin adapts to it. And also, don't forget sunscreen of at least 30 SPF, at least 30mins prior, before you go out (very important).
In addition, it is also equally important to do regular exfoliation of your skin to get rid of dead skin cells and renew your skin. I'd say 1x a week to start..... Good luck! Smile
Nayana

Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Dear,Did you hear about chemical peel,this is good one nonsurgical skin care treatment.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
You will be out of commission for at least 1-2 weeks depending on the strengths of the chemical peels. I would suggest that if you go with chemical peel route, that you have a doctor/dermatologist do this for you professionally. Doing this on your own, if you are not familiar with this, would be a disaster. One suggestion is to try "at-home" peels (i.e. glycolic peels 5%) with lowest strength first until your skin adapts to the peel.... This is one way to improve skin tones, lines and wrinkles and will give you some "glow" as old skin get removed and new skin appears....

Nayana wrote:
Dear,Did you hear about chemical peel,this is good one nonsurgical skin care treatment.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |