Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Obagi for pigmentation treatment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sp
5% products discount

Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have fair Asian skin (10 years ago, described as "porcelain white" by my girlfriends), just turned 40 with two pregnancies behind me in the last 3 years ... and have been battling pigmentation especially around my cheek area for the last few years. It's partly hereditary (my mum developed dark patches in the same area at the same age) and partly due to sun damage. I have tried just about EVERY product on the market including a bout of laser treatment but none of the treatments seemed to fix the problem. I am Day 10 of the Obagi regimen and the first signs of lightening of the pigmentation seems to be occurring. I have begun to peel in the last few days but the texture of my skin is smoother than ever before.

My current regimen is:
Morning: Cleanser, Toner, Clear and Exfodern Forte (have started the Vit c 20% serum after the Toner in the last 3 days)
Night: Cleanser, Toner, Clear and Blender with Tretinoin (0.005%)

So far, the treatment is looking promising ... fingers crossed that I will find a permanent solution this time ... intend to do a weekly update on this forum.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
sp, thanks for the report. Please update us on the progress. I'm Asian too in the same age group and with the same hyper-pigmentation problems especially after giving 2 births. Nothing I have tried seem to have clear out my spots. Anxiously waiting here to see your progress .... Wink

5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am now on Day 16 of the Obagi Nu Derm treatment and have been peeling LIKE CRAZY the last 7 days with redness especially around the areas where I have been peeling.

Where I have been peeling I have felt tingling (bordering on pain)when I have applied the Vitamin C serum. Also, had the skin drying out and looking like leather.

Have been carrying on about it to my husband who says he really can't see the redness ...

Am glad to say that the peeling seems to be subsiding and the skin that is left is smooth to the point of being shiny ... Very Happy

The pigmentation is still obvious but I am hoping that the next few weeks of the treatment will start addressing the problem.
Amberamber
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
sp, I will be following this thread with interest and I hope that you will continue to make weekly updates. It would be great if you would take some pictures, too, even if it's just of part of your face. I am very interested in doing Obagi for hyperpigmentation and everyone always says how much they are red and peeling, but it's hard to find closeup photos of the worst part. I'd like to know what I'm in for so I can plan accordingly!
sp
5% products discount

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Amberamber, I too was very concerned at the reported redness but so far, I have been able to cover it up with a bit of yellow based concealer and a creamy foundation. Even without make up my husband says the redness is not as apparent as I carry on about. It looks like I have been in the sun. The peeling is not as extreme as sun burn peeling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
hi sp,
thank u for the result, I am wondering did u get brekout when u using obagi serum C (10%). I am on obagi un derm regimen now (8week) , and just add obagi serum C (10%) 3 days ago, I love their smell and texture, however, I found I got more blackhead and pimples... is it normal?

5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
yaling, I did not breakout with the vit c serum but I see from your profile that I am older than you which may explain the difference. I did however, experience some stinging upon application especially on the areas that had just peeled.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried just about every product on the market for getting rid of pigmentation and found this cream with hydroquinone in it to be the only thing that has eliminated all my 'brown spots'. I have tried gycolic acid, peels, laser surgery (won't be doing that again!), basically any type of cream promising to get rid of pigmentation and the ONLY products I would recommend would be Ultraceuticals Even Skintone serum, Ultraceuticals Vitamin C Sheer 20% (this cream is not OILY like all the other serums, it is like a dry cream) and any cream with hydroquinone in it (you usually need a doctor's prescription to buy it but if you visit a skin centre where they carry out procedures such as botox etc you will find they usually sell their own formula with hydroquinone in it) and you will need to stay out of the sun. If you need to go outdoors ALWAYS use a sunscreen with ZINC OXIDE in it (Dr Lewinn's sunscreen contains the highest percentage of zinc oxide, then the next best would be Megan Gales sunscreen, followed by Ultraceuticals). Any other sunscreen would be useless as far as I'm concerned. I have been using Ultraceuticals for a couple of years now and my skin couldn't be more perfect, totally free of pigmentation and pimples, my pores have even decreased, my skin is now flawless (not kidding). From someone suffering cystic acne all her life until a couple of years ago and now having flawless skin I feel the need to pass on as much information as I can about the products I am using. Oh, in case you are wondering my profile is 30years old, fair complexion, skin USE to be oily (I had to use blotting paper every hour to get rid of the oil - so embarassing), acne, enlarged pores (actually huge pores),bad pigmenation etc. NOW my skin is peaches and cream, pores so small you can hardly see, no pimples whatsoever, no pigmentation and skin so even I don't even need to wear makeup. I'm not being vain, just wanting to make everyone aware of how GREAT these products are. AND it doesn't hurt to also drink at least 2 litres of water a day and NOT eat red meat as I believe what you put inside your body is just as important as what you put on the outside.
sp
5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am Day 25 on the Obagi Nu Derm treatment now; the peeling is still occurring but it is happening more "gently" with smaller flakes and occurring more consistently throughout the face. The redness has subsided just a little although still apparent especially when I step out of the warm shower at the end of the day i.e. when I have washed off the morning's Clear + Exfoderm Forte application. The redness is less apparent when I begin the morning's routine (i.e. with the Clear + Blender + Tretinoin application the night before). The pigmentation appears to be lightening just a little.

My daily "camouflage" routine now includes a concealer (Amazing Cosmetics)and tinted sun screeen foundation (Dermalogica) on top of the Obagi Vit C 20% serum + Clear + Exfoderm Forte + Sunfader + Obagi SPF 35 sunscreen lotion. It's A LOT to put on my face considering the fact that I live in a tropical area so I have ordered some mineral based powder foundation to use ... will report next week on whether that is a less heavy camouflage!

5% products discount

Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
sp, how "tough" would you say your skin is? (I wish there was some kind of standardized way of telling other people how tough your skin is, the same way you can tell them what color it is, e.g. MAC NC-whatever!)
NPN

Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new to these forums and am African with a few pigmentation marks (yes, I picked) marring an otherwise excellent complexion with marks. I am trying to figure out which ingredient in the Obagi is the one to target the pigmentation? Does it have Hydroquinine? Does one need to use the whole line of products? Has anyone used the Peter Thomas Roth Lightening gel with hydroquinine? I was thinking of incorporating a product like that into my morning skincare routine after my Skinceuticals CE Ferulic Acid and before my moisturizer with sunscreen. Thanks, Patty.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
NPN, the "active" ingredients in Obagi products are Hydroquinone in the Clear, AHA in the Exfoderm/Exfoderm Forte, and Hydroquinone in the Blender (which is to be mixed with Retin A), and the Retin A. So, all the products are designed to work together. The Clear and Blender have 4% Hydroquinone. If you are only looking for 1 product, I would not recommend Obagi, just for the reason that they are meant to be used as a "system". Hope that helps a little!
sp
5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
Amberamber, if you you mena by "tough" thickness of texture, then my skin is thin ... it doesn't take much for it to peel, whether its through exposure to sun or treatment. Hope that answers your question.

5% products discount

Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
sp, yes, that's what I meant. Thanks.
winwin_tan
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
what brand did you use for the retin-a? i'm using the brand is Steiva-A to blend with my night correction to do the peeling.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
I love Obagi Nuderm. It's amazing!!
I tried many expensive skincare, and none impressd me like Obagi did. Very Happy
sp
5% products discount

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I am 6.5 weeks into the Nu Derm system. My complexion and pigmentation has lightened somewhat but it is still obvious. Peeling is still occurring with redness, which I am covering up with a mineral foundation powder for daytime.

Otherwise, the texture of the skin is fantastically smooth (altbough a bit on the dry side if I don't use any moisturizer on top of the Nu Derm system).

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
anom wrote:
I have tried just about every product on the market for getting rid of pigmentation and found this cream with hydroquinone in it to be the only thing that has eliminated all my 'brown spots'. I have tried gycolic acid, peels, laser surgery (won't be doing that again!), basically any type of cream promising to get rid of pigmentation and the ONLY products I would recommend would be Ultraceuticals Even Skintone serum, Ultraceuticals Vitamin C Sheer 20% (this cream is not OILY like all the other serums, it is like a dry cream) and any cream with hydroquinone in it (you usually need a doctor's prescription to buy it but if you visit a skin centre where they carry out procedures such as botox etc you will find they usually sell their own formula with hydroquinone in it) and you will need to stay out of the sun. If you need to go outdoors ALWAYS use a sunscreen with ZINC OXIDE in it (Dr Lewinn's sunscreen contains the highest percentage of zinc oxide, then the next best would be Megan Gales sunscreen, followed by Ultraceuticals). Any other sunscreen would be useless as far as I'm concerned. I have been using Ultraceuticals for a couple of years now and my skin couldn't be more perfect, totally free of pigmentation and pimples, my pores have even decreased, my skin is now flawless (not kidding). From someone suffering cystic acne all her life until a couple of years ago and now having flawless skin I feel the need to pass on as much information as I can about the products I am using. Oh, in case you are wondering my profile is 30years old, fair complexion, skin USE to be oily (I had to use blotting paper every hour to get rid of the oil - so embarassing), acne, enlarged pores (actually huge pores),bad pigmenation etc. NOW my skin is peaches and cream, pores so small you can hardly see, no pimples whatsoever, no pigmentation and skin so even I don't even need to wear makeup. I'm not being vain, just wanting to make everyone aware of how GREAT these products are. AND it doesn't hurt to also drink at least 2 litres of water a day and NOT eat red meat as I believe what you put inside your body is just as important as what you put on the outside.

I am interested in this Ultraceutical, is it available in Canada?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:44 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Sp,,Thanks for your result update. I am glad I found yours. I am Asian with 2 kids and in a same age group. I have the same skin problem additionally Freckles too...... Sad
i WANT TO USE OBAGI but I want to be sure this product works . So I am reading the forum very intensively....these days.....
Please update your result periodically.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
have you ever thought of "REvive"? my mom's dark spot was cleared up after finishing a bottle of revive serum

5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know how to remove the undereye discoloration? I am already on Obagi Nuderm.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2949117410100694963XqTWWz
Margar
5% products discount

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Margar wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove the undereye discoloration? I am already on Obagi Nuderm.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2949117410100694963XqTWWz

Let's try this: Click on the picture

azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
??? Where is before and after pics??? I can't find it.
trenttong
5% products discount

Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:38 am      Reply with quote
SP, Any update on your Obagi process ?
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 14, 2024 4:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Vie Collection Mela White Radiance Brightening Essence (150 ml / 5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |