Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: Ferox Pure Pulp by Velds
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
Ferox has blown me away!!! I first saw it as a new product on EDS. The description fascinated me. I started asking questions about the product over a month ago. It was so new on EDS no one could review it for me. A few weeks ago I received requested samples of Ferox from EDS and since order the full size bottle.

Ferox comes in a pre-measured pump dispenser. It is a clear gel consistency. No scent do I detect. In the morning I apply Ferox after my usual skin care products. Ferox instantly plumps up my skin, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles and gives my face a lifted/rested appearance Shock . After my initial application of Ferox I have been applying one pump mixed with my tinted moisturizer or liquid foundation. The directions that came with the product said that you could mix with other products. The second application of Ferox is dramatic. What totally blows me away is the effects of Ferox lasts the whole day. While on my face Ferox feels like a fine piece of silk netting supporting my skin.

It is recommended that you use Ferox twice a day. AM over other skin care products. PM apply Ferox first and continue with your normal regimen. To date I only used Ferox once in my PM routine. Perhaps it was a coincidence but I did wake up with the start of a pimple on my chin. IMO my skin needs very little product during the hot, humid months. I will try Ferox again during the winter at bedtime.

Ferox is one of the few products that has given me instant gratification. I can honestly say I look five years younger using Ferox. I highly recommend this product for anyone who looks in the mirror and is starting to see gravity at work, fine lines and wrinkles or a less defined contour to your face.

This clear, non greasy product will be a staple in my routine.

Quote:
Description:
Ferox Pure Pulp is the result of a wild pland from South Africa, Aloe Ferox, and the extraordinary implementation of th effectiveness of its active ingredients.

Pure Pulp is the only product on the dermo-cosmetic market capable of satisfying the dual requirements of women: regenerating and restructuring with nighttime use and providing an immediate and long-lasting beauty makeover with daytime use.

Ferox Pure Pulp maybe used alone or combined with any other care or make up products whos effects it will enhance.

Ferox Pure Pulp is a highly concentrated moisturizer that attracts water to the surface of your skin. The result is plumper looking skin with fewer visible lines and wrinkles. This supple film lasts all day, clinging smoothly to the surface of your skin.

From the very first application, a spectacular beauty makeover that lasts all day long.

A very high concentration in polysaccharides gives Aloe Ferox gel a revolutionary moisturizing and plumping power. They immediately, through a mechanical action, attract the water in the epidermis to the surface of your skin, like a magnet, and trap it. The result is that the surface of your skin is literally inflated, plumped.

Pure Pulp's unique texture forms, after just a few moments, a supplely smoothing film on your skin and curves your face. This supple, non-occlusive film will last the entire day, maintaining the hydro-lipidic film perfectly.

Your skin is supple, plump. It has never looked so fresh, so luminous. It is like new and your face is curved and toned.

Useage:
Use both morning and night.

Spread two or three dabs of pure pulp on the face and neck. Gently tap to make it penetrate, focusing on the most affected areas - eye contour and the nose-to-chin line.

In the morning Pure Pulp will always be used as te last step in your usual face care routine for its replumping and subtly curving effect

At night, according to your skin type, Pure Pulp should be used before or blended with your usual face care routine.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review! After reading your initial review, I placed an order Laughing It shipped Wednesday, so it should be here early next week.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, you're KILLING me.

If you wouldn't mind telling, what is your age range? I'm 49 and I wonder if it would be appropriate for my age group.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
BBD wrote:
Winnie, you're KILLING me.

If you wouldn't mind telling, what is your age range? I'm 49 and I wonder if it would be appropriate for my age group.

BBD...Lets put it this way...I am a decade older then you Rolling Eyes . I would think Ferox would be perfect for your age. I don't think the youngins need it (although it makes the best makeup base I have ever used). I am totally in love with this product.

May I suggest you order a small, loved product from EDS and request a sample of Ferox. I am a big believe of sampling first.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for that wonderful review, Winnie. And I'm going to take you up on your suggestion--ordering something I usually use from EDS and then requesting a sample. So you can actually feel the tightening up of your facial skin then? Thanks..
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Winnie,

I'm so happy for you and the great results you are having.

I would love to try this product but the last time I checked it contained peanut oil. I emailed Veld's several times and they have not emailed me back. If you still have the box would you please check if peanut ( Arachis Hypogaea Oil ) is still an ingredient. Thank you very much.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
Winnie,

I would love to try this product but the last time I checked it contained peanut oil. I emailed Veld's several times and they have not emailed me back. If you still have the box would you please check if peanut ( Arachis Hypogaea Oil ) is still an ingredient. Thank you very much.

Maria1, I did not save the box. These are the ingredients I got from another site.

Aqua, Glycerin, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Pullulan, Retinyl Palmitate, Algae Extract, Sorbitol, Allantoin, Arachis Hypogaea Oil, Carbomer, Peg-8, Triethanolamine, Bha, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcabanate, Bht

Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Maria1 wrote:
Winnie,

Maria1, I did not save the box. These are the ingredients I got from another site.

Aqua, Glycerin, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Polysorbate 20, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Pullulan, Retinyl Palmitate, Algae Extract, Sorbitol, Allantoin, Arachis Hypogaea Oil, Carbomer, Peg-8, Triethanolamine, Bha, Phenoxyethanol, Iodopropynyl Butylcabanate, Bht

Thank you Winnie!! I have the same ingredient list from TSC. I was really hoping the ingredients had changed. It's just not meant to be for me. Thanks again for posting the ingredient list. It was very sweet of you to do that.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Marial,

I don't know if your interested in DIY skincare,
but Garden of Wisdom sells Ferox powder so you could make your own. I haven't tried it myself, but it only costs around $6 so I may give it a try.
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm      Reply with quote
Debster1000 wrote:
Marial,

I don't know if your interested in DIY skincare,
but Garden of Wisdom sells Ferox powder so you could make your own. I haven't tried it myself, but it only costs around $6 so I may give it a try.

Thank you very much Debster1000! I may try it. I bookmarked the page and will think about it. I have never tried DIY skincare. It sounds interesting.
pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie, could I ask if the a.m. Ferox application interacts badly with your sunscreen (e.g., causes it to ball up)?

Also, where would you work Ferox into an evening routine that alternates application of MaMa lotion on one night, and Alpha Derma CE on the next? Or is that too many products all at once? Confused

TIA.

Jude
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Mine arrived this morning, complete with some very interesting free samples lovely Magda kindly included. I'm so excited!

Will let you know what I think once I've given it a good go.

Thanks for the tip about the second application especially, Winnie. I'll definitely try that.
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
Majorb - I most anxiously await your thoughts and results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
pinky1 wrote:
Winnie, could I ask if the a.m. Ferox application interacts badly with your sunscreen (e.g., causes it to ball up)?

Also, where would you work Ferox into an evening routine that alternates application of MaMa lotion on one night, and Alpha Derma CE on the next? Or is that too many products all at once? Confused

TIA.

Jude

I have not had a problem using Ferox with my sunscreen. To date I have used Ferox mixed with my Dr. Denese's Tinted Sunscreen. I have also used it over my Janson Beckett routine: Mineral Prep, C&C and AlphaDerma.

According to the directions you can use Ferox with any product. PM they suggest applying before other products. I am only using it in the morning as the last step before makeup.

Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Penelope wrote:
Majorb - I most anxiously await your thoughts and results.

Penelope...me too. Anxious

pinky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Winnie -- you've just provided the information that tips the scales for me. I'll definitely be requesting samples!
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have really been wanting to try this product but just have a slight concern when Winnie said she had a small breakout after using it.
Winnie have you had any further breakouts or anyone else?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:20 am      Reply with quote
Well, I've now tried two applications of the Ferox. I used some mixed with my moisturiser and eye cream last night, then applied some as my last step this morning.

My face turned green with purple blotches and fell off in a heap of huge boils and pustules.

Just kidding! Wink Laughing

(Sorry, Winnie, I really couldn't resist. I know, I'm an evil, evil woman. Wink )

So far, I'm liking it. I didn't wake up this morning with the skin of a 5 year old, but it does really seem to give a good plumping effect. I would probably best describe my face this morning as looking "refreshed". Which is pretty good as I had a bit of a heavy weekend and should look horrendous.

I'm sure the Ferox must help other products to absorb because my moisturiser usually feels a little greasy and my face shiny on a night. Mixed with the Ferox, my skin felt a wee bit tacky (not very much, though), and velvety smooth instead. After my morning application, which was on top of all my treatments and moisturiser, the slightly tacky feeling went away after a while and my face just felt nice and soft.

My skin's still feeling nicely plumped and smooth at 3.18pm from my morning application.

So a big thank you to Winnie for the rec. I'm certainly not disappointed at all. I'd be interested to see if there's a cumulative effect but, even if there isn't, it's still a lovely product for giving your skin a bit of an instant, but lasting, lift.

Okay, Winnie, you can relax now! Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
I have really been wanting to try this product but just have a slight concern when Winnie said she had a small breakout after using it.
Winnie have you had any further breakouts or anyone else?

bushy - I've only used it for 2 applications so far, but here's what I've found. After a heavy weekend (lots of nasty food and alcohol), my skin started to break out. I used the Ferox last night (Monday) and this morning and have had no further spots appear. On the contrary, my spots seem calmer and soothed - although they haven't gone away. However, I must say that I do have dry skin usually.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
bushy,

No more pimples have erupted. I very rarely breakout but if I do it will be on my chin where the pores are largest.

marjorb, I am so pleased that you like Ferox. I hate to see people spend their hard earned money and find they don't like a product (been there...done that). This product does so much for my skin. If I use it every day it will last me about one month. Now I have to figure out what I can give up to continue using Ferox. Think

janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Today is my second day of using the Ferox and I'm really loving the way my skin looks! I started using AlphaDerma about 5 days ago and saw a wonderful improvement in my skin tone / texture. I used the Ferox last night and this morning. My face has a dewy glow to it today - yeah! I skin looks great (if I don't say so myself ) Very Happy
I don't typically break out at my age, so I'm hoping the Ferox doesn't cause a breakout.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:51 am      Reply with quote
janjan wrote:
Today is my second day of using the Ferox and I'm really loving the way my skin looks! I started using AlphaDerma about 5 days ago and saw a wonderful improvement in my skin tone / texture. I used the Ferox last night and this morning. My face has a dewy glow to it today - yeah! I skin looks great (if I don't say so myself ) Very Happy
I don't typically break out at my age, so I'm hoping the Ferox doesn't cause a breakout.

Janjan, you are using the same regimen I do. We will have to compare notes Wink . I love Ferox as the last step over AlphaDermaCE.

janjan
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie,
My skin care concerns are pretty much the same as yours, so I've followed your lead. You've written many great reviews, so I felt confident in trying the same products. Thanks! Very Happy
scalawaggirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Just popping in to say, "Yay, Winnie". I'm using the Ferox very happily and it does everything she said!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Ooooooooh! Oooooooooh! Ooooooooh!

Just noticed that, since mixing the Ferox with my eye cream (I'm using Valmont Eye & Lip Contour) that the horrible crinkle at the outer corner of each eye has lessened considerably, probably due to the plumping effect.

I've been trying to fettle that for ages.

Winnie, I think I love you. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |