Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cleansing waters vs tissue off cleansers?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
For my trip to Nepal, I've firmly decided that wipe off tissues would make me breakout (and in the culturla setting I'll be in, it would be so wasteful!)
I was looking into tissue off cleansers, as rinsing with well water probably wouldn't be the best for my skin! I plan on taking my Thayer's toner to remove any potential cleanser residue, but I'm still looking for a cleanser that comes off cleanly and doesnt leave me feeling tight.
While looking for a rinseless cleanser, I've come across a variety of cleansing waters and was wondering if any of you have tried them? How well did they cleanse your skin? Would they require a toner afterwards? How cdoes it compare to a wipe-off cleanser?
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
how about la roche posay rosaliac micellar cleanser? it's a cleanser that you can "rinse" off with tissues soaked in something like evian spray--you don't really have to leave it on your skin permanently.
youngrace
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
i just realized that i should probably add that i'm not exactly sure what a "cleansing water" is. Confused
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:02 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if you plan on wearing makeup or what your skintype is but the best makeup removing cleansing water is Clarin's Orange Cleanser (clarins has 3 cleansing waters - water purify, water comfort and the orange one). The others don't do a very good job and leave skin feeling tacky. The Orange one leaves a film of oil on the face that's supposed to be good for you, it's never caused breakouts on my acne-prone skin but you might not like that feeling.

If you don't use makeup my fav is Nuxe's Cleansing water. If I need to remove makeup with the Nuxe (I wear only MMU) I'll need about 3 pieces of cotton to remove it. However it doesn't leave my skin feeling tacky or dry, just right.

I assume while in Nepal you'll be using heavy-duty sunscreen, if that's the case Cleansing waters will not remove them sufficiently - I recommend an oil based cleanser for that and then finish off with the Cleansing water (then you can skip the toner as well).
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Vichy has a very good cleansing water. It removes eye makeup really well too. No toner needed. HTH
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Dior has a great cleansing water called Gelee and its removes make up from face and eyes and it is a toner as well. I would prefer this as tissue off cleansers are very drying especially if you have to rub your face a lot (depends on what you are removing makeup takes a bit of rubbing and also sun cream. Laura Mercier also has a great cleansing water and is very gentle and there is also a hydrating water which you apply after using cleansing water.
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ladies, sry for being stupid but how do u use a cleansing water? Is it the same as cleansing milk? Thanks Confused
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Well it seems as though you're all in favour of the cleansing water opposed to the cleansing milks!
I'm glad to hear that they are just as good at removing makeup. I found that the cleansing milks did a decent job of removing my makeup, but they left me feeling tight afterwards.
Back to the incessant testing Rolling Eyes
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Hi ladies, sry for being stupid but how do u use a cleansing water? Is it the same as cleansing milk? Thanks Confused

From what I can tell, the cleansing water is used the same way you'd use a toner. The cleansing milks that I had tested were used the same way traditional cleansers were, in that you take some of the product, rub it over your face, except rather than rinsing off with water, you wipe it off with a cotton pad or tissue.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Zenbiotic's Rinseless Cleanser. I LOVE this stuff, and it's very affordable too which is a nice bonus. I use this to clean my face every morning. It's gentle yet thorough, and never leaves so much as a hint of residue on my face. I always use a toner afterwards, however, it's not necessary. It has a really lovely herbal scent too. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks HannaLee for your reply Smile So cleansing water doesn't need to be rinse off, just tissue off. But there're cleansing milk out there that does the same too. I tried Sothy's cleansing milk. It removes makeup well and it's not drying either.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:51 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks HannaLee for your reply Smile So cleansing water doesn't need to be rinse off, just tissue off. But there're cleansing milk out there that does the same too. I tried Sothy's cleansing milk. It removes makeup well and it's not drying either.

You use cleansing waters the same as you do a TONER. And unless you "tissue off" your toner I'm not sure how you can make the comparison. If Cleansing waters are your main MU removers then it's best to soak a cotton pad, wipe and repeat until all your MU is off. It's less effective if you're the type to spray on your face and wipe with cotton pad. Most cleansing waters won't come in spray bottles.
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:
Vichy has a very good cleansing water. It removes eye makeup really well too. No toner needed. HTH

This is a wonderful Micellar type cleanser. You do not need to rinse. It takes off mascara, MMU everything. It nows comes in 200 ml and 400 ml sizes.

I have also used Micellar cleansers from Nuxe and Avene. I like these but prefer the Vichy one and have repurchased many times.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm going to try one from Vichy! Has anyone tried the green one for acne-prone skin? Is it too drying?
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:26 am      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
I think I'm going to try one from Vichy! Has anyone tried the green one for acne-prone skin? Is it too drying?

HannaLee,

Vichy Normaderm cleanser (green one) is a gel and you need to use water with it. My daughter has used it and she has combination skin with occassional breakouts. She liked it and she said it didn't dry her skin.
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Maria1 wrote:

HannaLee,

Vichy Normaderm cleanser (green one) is a gel and you need to use water with it. My daughter has used it and she has combination skin with occassional breakouts. She liked it and she said it didn't dry her skin.

There is also one that is a cleansing gel, similar to the micellar one, but its in a green bottle as part of the normaderm line. Perhaps its new, since I can't seem to find it online :S

I also tested the biotherm cleansing water, but it made my hand feel like it was burning after a few minutes!
Maria1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
HannaLee wrote:
Maria1 wrote:

HannaLee,

There is also one that is a cleansing gel, similar to the micellar one, but its in a green bottle as part of the normaderm line. Perhaps its new, since I can't seem to find it online :S

I also tested the biotherm cleansing water, but it made my hand feel like it was burning after a few minutes!

HannaLee, I didn't see that one in my drug store. I guess it is a new one. Thanks for the info. Too bad Biotherm didn't work for you. I had the same reaction with the Avene cleansing water.
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Vichy cleansing water! I'm referring to the clear one..has the word 'calming' on it somewhere. My skin is super sensitive and sprouts pimples the next day if I don't clean properly. However, with the Vichy, sometimes I'm too lazy to follow with another cleanser and jump right in to bed, and no pimples the next day! It even removes residual mascara following my beloved Chanel bi-phasel!

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |