Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::REVIEW:: Dr. Mist
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. Mist
Body Hygiene Floatation Fluid Spray

Although currently marketed as a deodorant, the brilliance of this product is that it is also a "multi-action hygiene product" that can be used ANYWHERE. Basically, you towel dry after showering or washing the area, spray and blend evenly with your hands. That’s it!

They say that you can “use it to accelerate healing in wounds, apply to acne with visible results in 24 hours, eczema, cold sores, take the sting out of insect bites and skin itchiness. Works on people and animals. Dr. Mist will also take ALL ODORS out of sports equipment and helmets for days! (Apparently sports enthusiasts have a real following for Dr. Mist.) Dr. Mist will assist patients who are disabled and unable to bathe regularly. It works for up to 3 days, even if a shower is not possible.” Sounds like it would be great for camping! It is also effective for sufferers of extreme body odor (Bromhidrosis).

As a multi-action, multi-purpose spray, I've sprayed it directly on open wounds and found that it really does promote and accelerate wound healing and, in fact, even seemed to have contributed to the significant fading of a large bruise that I had. (I should add that the bruise was at least 7 days old and not at the yellow healing stage--it was in fact continuing to get darker.) It also works really well when used on your girly parts or sprayed onto underwear to maintain that sense of "freshness" during the TOTM and especially in the hot summer weather.

It comes in a 1.69 fl oz (50 ml) pump spray that is aluminum and fragrance free, stain free, colourless and non-oily. It does not contain alcohol. It feels just like water only slightly more dense.

Ingredients: chloride, magnesium, sodium, calcium, water content

Although it looks too simple to work, it's the combination of both its ingredients and unique floatation technique that make it effective. “Dr. Mist body hygiene floatation spray uses a revolutionary award winning floatation technology to thoroughly remove body odor and eliminate bacteria, while dispersing darkening pigmentation caused by germs and sweat for a cleaner, whitening effect.”

The product has won awards for "invention, product design, new technique, product excellence, outstanding accomplishments and contribution with global awards such as the 29th Geneva International Invention and Innovation Award, New Technique of Switzerland Award, three Golden Rim Awards, an SMI Award, an I-Tex Award as well as the HALAL certification. (The Geneva Award is the most prestigious because Inventors can only submit their inventions once in a lifetime, so to win first time submitted, especially in the medical category speaks for itself.)”

http://www.drmist.ca/
http://www.drmistusa.com/

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
Hooray for the original reviewer.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like a wonderful multifunctional product! It's a shame they do not ship outside USA, Canada & Korea (?)!

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
lifeisbeautiful wrote:
Looks like a wonderful multifunctional product! It's a shame they do not ship outside USA, Canada & Korea (?)!

They have said that they will ship to pretty much anywhere in the world. Just contact them through email at ceo@drmist.us for more info on how to order. I found that they have good CS and are super responsive to emails. Smile
lifeisbeautiful
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
lifeisbeautiful wrote:

They have said that they will ship to pretty much anywhere in the world. Just contact them through email at ceo@drmist.us for more info on how to order. I found that they have good CS and are super responsive to emails. Smile

Thanks, havana8. I'll try to email them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
For Canadians, London Drugs has Dr. Mist on sale for $6.49 each. I think the sale is til Monday. So far I'm liking the product as I get a rash from most anti-persperants and I don't with Dr. Mist. I also spot treat breakouts.
Misha
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know if this is available in stores in the US?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think Dr. Mist is yet available in any U.S. stores. They just started a U.S. website and are looking for U.S. distributors.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks lunarmm!
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
You can purchase in the US. Just go to this link:

http://www.drmistusa.com/
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 5:51 am      Reply with quote
cahoot very sweetly CPed me two bottles of Dr Mist and I have been using it for a few days.

You know what this is good for, setting MMU. I have used hydrosols, MAC Fix+ and Avene sprays, but this one seem to fair the best so far.

I am really loving this since I use it as an antiseptic spray, deodorant and the MMU setting, meaning I don't need to bring three different bottles to the gym. Cool

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:47 pm      Reply with quote
Well, thanks to the great reviews you ladies gave this stuff, I went ahead and ordered it from the website someone so kindly put in their post! I've been using it for over a week now, and I absolutely love it! I didn't want to continue using deodorants with aluminum in them because I keep reading, over and over, how the brains of Alzheimer patients, upon autopsy, show higer levels of aluminum than the rest of the population. That's enough for me! LOL. I tried other "non-aluminum" deodorants but for some reason they make me break out in a rash! This does a great job, and no more rashes! Thanks you guys! Love the price too! Smile
divalovesmusic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Lefemme, great for you! Did it last as long as those regular deodorants out there? I'm worried that it may not last through my long-haul working days!
cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:51 am      Reply with quote
cuppre, glad you liked it! Smile

i like the fact that it doesn't stain and dries quickly. so far I have used it as as deodorant and toner, but tomorrow will also try it to set my MMU as well. thanks for the tip!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diva...well I did the test--the site said it would last 3 days, and of course I didn't wait three days to take a shower, but I waited two days to test it out and VOILA!! No stinkies in anywhere! LOLOLOL.. Honest, I think it will work for you! Give it a try. I was very impressed!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Ummmmmmmmmm scratch the word after "stinkies." It's not suppposed to be there! Laughing
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:46 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
cuppre, glad you liked it! Smile

i like the fact that it doesn't stain and dries quickly. so far I have used it as as deodorant and toner, but tomorrow will also try it to set my MMU as well. thanks for the tip!

Have you tried it to set your MMU yet cahoot? How did it go?

cahoot
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:13 am      Reply with quote
not yet cuppre Smile

i was away for a few days and did not bring my mmu, though i did bring dr mist and used it as deodorant as well as to ease the itchiness of insect bites Laughing

also i've decided the mmu that i have, signature minerals, really isn't quite right for me, it makes me look uglier than i really am (hah!). i've ordered from meow so will wait til that gets here!

are u still enjoying your dr mist? do u use the lavender one on your face as well?
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
cahoot wrote:
not yet cuppre Smile

i was away for a few days and did not bring my mmu, though i did bring dr mist and used it as deodorant as well as to ease the itchiness of insect bites Laughing

also i've decided the mmu that i have, signature minerals, really isn't quite right for me, it makes me look uglier than i really am (hah!). i've ordered from meow so will wait til that gets here!

are u still enjoying your dr mist? do u use the lavender one on your face as well?

Yep I bring it to the gym everyday, though I need to remember to bring a hydrosol as well since I have dry skin so this can make it a little bit drier.

Let me know how meow goes Very Happy. I am testing out lumiere so far and it is my fave out of Alima, Everyday Minerals and U Glo Girl. But I am still looking for a better dry-skin suited MMU.

cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to add a word of caution: don't get Dr Mist onto your lips.

I originally just spritzed it on, and over a week of daily use my lips went from slightly dehydrated to very dehydrated, or so it seemed, and now the outer parts of my lips feel like there is a tight skin over it and it flaky.

Crying or Very sad Nothing seems to be helping either, not normal store bought lip balms, not CareKate's DIY lip balm recipe, not even the hi-tech lip rejuvenator that one of the forum member's made.

Or than that, Dr Mist seems to be helping me control my pimples of the non-hormonal kind. I had two that was starting to appear on my back and was hurting slightly, so I spritzed some Dr Mist on and it went to nothing by the next two days!

Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
cuppre wrote:

I originally just spritzed it on, and over a week of daily use my lips went from slightly dehydrated to very dehydrated, or so it seemed, and now the outer parts of my lips feel like there is a tight skin over it and it flaky.

Crying or Very sad Nothing seems to be helping either, not normal store bought lip balms, not CareKate's DIY lip balm recipe, not even the hi-tech lip rejuvenator that one of the forum member's made.

On the Canadian website the instructions for using Dr. Mist on the face said spray the product first onto a cotton ball or pad then apply to the areas which need it.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
cuppre wrote:

On the Canadian website the instructions for using Dr. Mist on the face said spray the product first onto a cotton ball or pad then apply to the areas which need it.

It says that on the can too, but I wanted to live dangerously (and maybe a bit lazy too). Moral of the story is - follow the instructions.

cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to add my 2 cents about Dr. Mist:

after reading the reviews here, I ordered some and I've been using it for about two weeks and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

I was using Nano Cyclic Silver Soap for both deodorant and acne control, as it works like Dr. Mist in killing the bacteria. The downside with the Nano Cyclic is that the suds have to sit on the skin for several minutes for this to work. Dr. Mist is so convenient -- just spritz it on, rub it in, and done.

Even more impressive to me is how it has brought my adult acne quickly under control. I can't believe how changed my skin is, and how easy this solution is! It is a bit drying, so I'm very careful to follow up with emu oil and moisturizer, although I no longer use any toner or any other acne products. I also don't use a cotton ball to apply (as they recommend) but I spritz the product into the palm of my hand and then wipe on my face. I haven't had a problem with my lips getting dry yet, but I agree it's probably good to avoid them as well as the undereye area with this product because of the potential to dry out the skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I've emailed the UK distributor about three times now for their shipping charges but still no reply!
Has anyone in the UK managed to get this product???

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
im lemming this one too, just ordered it! if it doesnt work for my face i can at least use it at the gym~

i wonder if this is sold in taiwan or japan since it's from malaysia...? since another post about this product mentioned it's much cheaper there... $2.50 vs $10 in the US!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:32 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |