Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Safety of titanium dioxide ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I read from a website that sells sunscreens that use Zinc as the only active ingredient:

"Titanium Dioxide is a photoactivator that can react with other sunscreen chemicals and potentiate their free radical production or their cancer forming abilities. Recent studies have shown that Titanium damages the DNA of the cell and it has been listed as a potential carcinogen. It is far from being "safe"."

It makes me worried about the safety of Titanium Dioxide in sunscreens, as many popular physical SS contains this. I would like to hear what do you think?
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I don't use chemical sunscreens, and I believe the ingredient that theoretically becomes less photostable when exposed to iron oxides is Avobenzone. Since I don't use products containing avobenzone, I've never been concerned about this particular hazard, but I have been concerned about TiO2 toxicity with regard to inhalation. I posted a thread about it here.

But as you'll see from my thread, after looking into it more, I really don't think there's much to worry about there. If you look at EWG's entries for the various forms of titanium dioxide (here, it just doesn't look that scary - and this is coming from a watchdog site that I tend to think is WAY too paranoid with regard to ingredient safety.

I do think it's a bit hazardous to INHALE minerals - that's how many stone sculptors met their own demise - but the quantities we're inhaling by putting on powder, MMU or sunscreen are pretty tiny by comparison. Still, I hold my breath when I'm applying loose powders - but other than that, I don't worry about it.

It seems like this thread may have been started in response to something else, though, so I'm sorry if my response is off-topic for that. I'd love to hear what others think about the safety of titanium dioxide, though, especially since it's so very prevalent. Thanks!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
So which sunscrean do you use ginnielizz? For the past year i have beeen using bioderma suncreans cause it is very high spf 100 and is very light to use compared to the non chemical one that is high but gives the white appearance on the face. Compared those to using a chemical sunblock such as bioderma i have found something that gives a higher protection, lightweight and does not give a white apperance.
I am concerned about the health problems too after reading this post, so please advice which non chemical sunblock do you use. I want something very high without giving the white ashy look that you normally tend to get from sublocks. My skin is very very tan and sensitive to the sun in terms of getting a tan thats why i prefer the high sunblock Shock
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi simran,

I'm in a bit of an SPF quandry myself - for a couple years now I've used Juice Beauty's SPF 30 Light Tinted Moisturizer, which uses titanium dioxide as the active SS ingredient. It used to be just called Tinted Moisturizer but they changed the name recently when they added a darker tinted version - but it has LESS SPF, only 20, and still uses titanium dioxide, so I don't recommend it since it'll probably still give you an ashy tone - TiO2 is the ingredient most responsible for this, I think. (By the way, I'm very fair so I can often get away with sunscreens that make others look ashy, but I still don't really like the whitish cast even if it blends in well on me.) However, I've learned on EDS recently that TiO2 doesn't provide a very high UVA protection, so I've sought to find a better alternative that's still physical-only - maybe I'm just old-fashioned, but in addition to being very sensitive to many chemical SS ingredients, I just inherently don't trust them to do the job.

So I started looking into other all-physical options. I've found that products using micronized zinc oxide really do go on nearly clear, so that's a relief! I started using MyChelle's Sun Shield SPF 28, which is mostly zinc oxide with just a tiny bit of titanium. It's a good formulation that's not too oily, but I don't love having to apply a separate moisturizer and sun protector. And it does leave the tiniest hint of a white cast but only where it meets with your hair - but that means my brows are constantly smudged with whiteness unless I rub it out of them, and then I worry I'm rubbing off the protection from around my brow area! I actually started using this as a body sunscreen for myself and my boyfriend, and I like it much better for that purpose than for facial use. So it won't go to waste, but it's no longer my facial staple.

On my recent trip to L.A. I found a Whole Foods and picked up a random Beverly Hills brand of natural facial lotion with AHA and SPF of just 8, and I also got a tube of Peter Thomas Roth SPF 30 mineral powder sunscreen, so I started using the moisturizer first and then adding the PTR over it as a base. I think this may be my new MO, especially in the summer - and the best thing is that the PTR is very easy to apply over makeup, and it sticks well if you apply it right after your moisturizer. And I found it to be nearly colorless (very finely micronized particles), but if I apply too much it's actually too DARK for my skin! Very subtly so, but still kinda dark if applied with a heavy hand (which you have to really go at it to do - the stuff is basically clear if you just brush on a bit).

Lastly, I'm not sure how great it is for everyone, but I've found that I really liked the formulation of Devita's Sun Protection Cream 30. It's MUCH lighter in texture than most sunscreens, and the active ingredient is micronized zinc oxide and it goes on completely transparent. If you search for Devita you'll find some other mentions and reviews of this stuff. I am about to repurchase it.

I think my normal daily routine will be using a lotion like Devita or my weird Beverly Hills brand (perhaps that one in the winter, since it has such a low SPF) and then dusting on the PTR afterwards and carrying it with me for brush-on touch-ups during the day.

Another thing you may wish to look at is Eminence's sun powders - I stopped by a spa in L.A. after my bags were lost and I was desperate for NATURAL ss that CVS couldn't provide, and they carried these Eminence powders. Unfortunately they were all too dark for me, but these might work well for you since you say you're very tan and don't like the ashy look - for me these were really more of a bronzer than anything, but then I'm white as a sheet! And I can't recommend the Devita or PTR enough - the former because it's TOTALLY clear, and the latter because it might just suit your skin perfectly!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hi iaimei!

I do not think that there is a definite yes or no answer as to whether titanium dioxide is safe. I mentioned in the other thread that I am sitll looking into the safety of these micronized sunscreen ingredients and that is true but of course I have reached some provisonal conclusions about this.

It seems to me that the bulk of the evidence points towards titanium dioxide being safe. If you want a long document to read that references all sorts of studies check the following.

This is the Australian governments assesment of the safety of micronized titanium dioxide (as well as zinc oxide). There is alot more information available on this topic but I just put this out since it is so well pulled together and has references to so many different studies.

http://www.tga.gov.au/npmeds/sunscreen-zotd.htm

And this is the evidence that they use to support their conclusion.

http://www.tga.gov.au/npmeds/sunscreen-zotd.pdf

My take is that titanium dioxide (particularly the uncoated varieties) does create free radicals which could theoretically cause damage. But as the Australian govenment states (as well as other sources) this is really only a concern if these ingredients penetrate the skin. So essentially if these particles do not penetrate the skin they should not cause a problem. While part of me does not like the idea of having free radicals on my skin I think that this argument makes sense. Although I would like to do a little more research just to make sure that having free radicals on the surface of the skin is of no concern.

I also am not totally convinced that the tiniest versions of these particles (20-30nm) do not penetrate the skin but in all honestly the evidence seems to indicate that they do not. So my position on this is probably overly cautious.

I really think that we need to decide for ourselves where we stand on the issue. The evidence is out there. So are the scare tactics of some organizations/companies with a preconceived notion about product ingredients that I believe interferes with their ability to objectively analyze the evidence.

BTW I believe that your quote above is from UVNaturals and I have to admit that their analysis in not too bad despite the fact that they do have a natural ingredient bias. Speaking of bias, thanks for bringing up EWG ginnilizz! I have not taken a look at their site in a while and in the past did have some objections to their meathodology. You make a good point that if EWG with all their biases doesn't seem to be too concerned then maybe it is not that big a deal!

I try to not make blanket statements about whether something is safe or not. I realize that several of us can look at the evidence and depending on our comfort level decide to avoid titanium dioxide or to use it. Yet it seems to me that the more I research this the more inclined I am to agree that titanium dioxide (including the super small particle sized variety) is safe.

In practice I do not shun titanium dioxide. I will use sunscreens that contain it. I think that it is prudent to try to not use products that contain un-coated titanium dioxide since coating it helps reduce it's ability to generate free radicals. Then there is the Optisol product that I mentioned in another thread which seems to be even safer when it comes to the issue of generating free radicals.

Yet there is a part of me that winces ever so slightly when I think about using titanium dioxide. I guess I prefer not to use it or to only use products that contain small amounts of it. If an alternative is available I tend to gravitate towards that in place of titanium dioxide. I guess that part of this has to do with the fact that I do not think titanium dioxide is that great at blocking UVA wavelengths and part of it does have to do with vague safety concerns.

So there you have it. Rational mind-probably safe. Intuitive mind-a little hesitant. I have a feeling that the only way to resolve my two different minds on this is to do more research. Laughing

ginnielizz-I appreciate you post and links. All of what I said above does not even address the issue of inhaling these products but only addresses applying them topically. I do not currently use any products that contain titanium dioxide which might be inhaled so I have never looked into this area. It sounds like that is a whole other area to research!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
No kidding, h.kitty - do let me know if you ever dig up more on the inhalation aspect, as it freaks me out (doesn't help that I'm a novice sculptor and I've been cautioned about inhaling rock dust by every art teacher I've ever had!).

One thing I wanted to point out is that the Optisol PR statement says it's actually TiO2 blended with a bit of manganese (or maybe it was magnesium), and not zinc like I think you mentioned in another thread - I was a bit surprised, because I'd never heard of this. The PR statement also said that TiO2 breaks down in the sun and that the added ingredient helped combat this, but I had never EVER heard this, quite the opposite - that only certain chemical sunscreens were not photostable.

Do you have any info on that? I'm confused more and more every day, largely because I think I read information that's totally inconsistent! Thanks to the Internet, I think it's much easier for that to happen nowadays, so I appreciate when other folks go crazy on the research like I do. Smile Thanks for all your links and thoughts!

h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz-In the other thread I made no mention of what Optisol was blended with. It is actually pretty common for titanium dioxide to be "coated" with other substances and this is a good thing since it reduces the free radicals that this ingredient generates. It seems that using the manganese is a step above the usual materials used to coat the titanium dioxide.

Can you provide a link to the specific document that states that Ti02 breaks down in the sun? I recall reading that Optisol can prevent the photodegradation of organic suncreen ingredients which is IMO a very good thing but I did not come across any comments to the effect that Ti02 breaks down in the sun and that the Optisol prevents this. (I may have just missed the comment though so I would appreciate you pointing it out!)
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I may have inferred/misread, but I take the quote from http://www.isis-innovation.com/news/news/oxonica-apr05.html that the titanium dioxide can cause free radicals as a sign of it breaking down. I don't think I've ever heard that TiO2 could have that reaction before, and my understanding is that free radicals are only generated when a compound is altering/breaking down.

If my understanding of this reaction is off, please feel free to correct me! I have no background in chemistry at all, so my self-taught understanding may well be off the mark. But I'd love to know more!

iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
h.kitty wrote:
Hi iaimei!
Yet there is a part of me that winces ever so slightly when I think about using titanium dioxide. I guess I prefer not to use it or to only use products that contain small amounts of it. If an alternative is available I tend to gravitate towards that in place of titanium dioxide. I guess that part of this has to do with the fact that I do not think titanium dioxide is that great at blocking UVA wavelengths and part of it does have to do with vague safety concerns.

Thank you so much Kitty for taking the time to share your insightful opinion and research!

I kinda feel the same way - given a chice I would rather go for a zinc based physical SS. I am currently using Cellex-C suncare spf 30+. So far I am quite happy with it, even though the ingredient list contains Mineral oil (which I guess a lot people would scream "NO!", but it hasn't break me out. Here is the whole list of ingredients, if you care to comment on it(would it provide adequate everyday protection), it would be much appreciated. TIA!

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS
Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 5.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.5%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS-
Water, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, Paraffin, Diethanolamine Cetyl Phosphate, Emulsifying Wax P, Glyceryl Monostearate, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Octyl Stearate, Xanthan Gum, Polyacrylamide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate Propylparaben, Hydroxyethylcellulose.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
You're right, I'm screaming no at all those petrochemicals!!! But if it works well for your skin, that's great. Smile I can't really comment on the overall protection because I tend to avoid chemical sunscreens, but I like the idea of combining both physical AND chemical if you feel the need to go chemical. I think you get better overall protection that way, and I'd probably do the same myself if I weren't so sensitive to most chemical sunscreen ingredients.

iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
You're right, I'm screaming no at all those petrochemicals!!!

Thanks ginnielizz for your prompt response Razz
I like to hear more on why you are not big on petrochemicals? Thanks.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Hi iamei, wow, that is a loaded question! I know lots of people on EDS are fans, so I don't want to be too controversial, but I'll tell you why I personally don't like them. Certain types of petrochemicals, like mineral oil/petrolatum and parrafin wax, form a virtually impenetrable barrier to the skin when applied topically. Some people think this is good for moisture, but I believe it actually seals moisture OUT of your skin, in addition to totally blocking and clogging your pores. I personally tend to break out like crazy if I use anything that contains mineral oil, even glosses/lipsticks/lip liners - I get blackheads all around my lips from them. People who aren't breakout prone might not experience this reaction, but I still think the moisture-barrier concern is valid and will lead to dehydration over time.

Furthermore, petrochemicals in general are just a scary substance, in my opinion - these are all byproducts of the oil refining industry, so it's basically the sludge that comes along with the toxic petroleum we use to fuel our cars, etc. And other petrochemical compounds like propylene glycol are used in products like antifreeze, etc. - they're really quite harsh and not at all natural, in my opinion. Ingredients like PG I don't actually know that much about, I just know enough to want to avoid them (and there are so many really good natural product lines out there that I've never felt the need to question that decision).

So I hope this clarifies things a bit! Again, there are tons of people who swear by Vaseline or certain products that contain petrochemicals, but I'm just very much on the hippie end of the spectrum when it comes to what I will and won't put on or in my body. I just wish that my eating habits were half as disciplined as my skincare habits! Laughing

Feel free to PM me if you have questions, and I'm sure other EDS users can chime in about petrochemicals too. And keep in mind that they can go by masking names: Vaseline, petroleum jelly, petrolatum, mineral oil, baby oil... these are all pretty much the same thing, FYI.

Hope all this helps!

h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
You know, I may have inferred/misread, but I take the quote from http://www.isis-innovation.com/news/news/oxonica-apr05.html that the titanium dioxide can cause free radicals as a sign of it breaking down. I don't think I've ever heard that TiO2 could have that reaction before, and my understanding is that free radicals are only generated when a compound is altering/breaking down.

If my understanding of this reaction is off, please feel free to correct me! I have no background in chemistry at all, so my self-taught understanding may well be off the mark. But I'd love to know more!

Hi ginnielizz!

First, let me say that I do not have a "chemistry background" either. That is not to say that I never studied any chemistry but I have no degree in chemistry and do not consider myself to be an expert in the field of chemistry.

I also am not an expert in free radicals and it has actually been months since I even did any research on free radicals and sunscreens so I may be a little rusty with references but here goes anyway......

The fact that titanium dioxide causes free radicals does not mean that it breaks down. Titanium dioxide is photostable meaning that it will not degrade in the presence of UV radiation. So it does not break down.

Take a look at the following document on Optisol which does a very nice job of describing how titanium dioxide generates free radicals. Unfortunately I cannot copy and paste the relevant passage since it is a PDF file but look under "Minimal Free Radical Generation".

http://www.cosmeticsdesign.com/pdf/OptisolT%20Final%20Version.pdf

I think that the following offers an even better explanation of how titanium dioxide generates free radicals. It is not a sunscreen document but I hope it helps explain things.

http://www.tekon.com/green/Photocatalyst.html

"The positive-hole of titanium dioxide breaks apart the water molecule to form hydrogen gas and hydroxyl radical. The negative-electron reacts with oxygen molecule to form super oxide anion. This cycle continues when light is available. The overall mechanism of photocatalytic reaction of titanium dioxide."

So basically something is "happening" to the titanium dioxide but what is happening has to do with electrons and charges and does not result in the titanium dioxide molecule breaking apart. Of course, the water molecules are broken apart in this process and that is what generates the free radicals.

I hope that helps explain things a little better! Smile
h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
iaimei wrote:

Thank you so much Kitty for taking the time to share your insightful opinion and research!

I kinda feel the same way - given a chice I would rather go for a zinc based physical SS. I am currently using Cellex-C suncare spf 30+. So far I am quite happy with it, even though the ingredient list contains Mineral oil (which I guess a lot people would scream "NO!", but it hasn't break me out. Here is the whole list of ingredients, if you care to comment on it(would it provide adequate everyday protection), it would be much appreciated. TIA!

Hi iaimei!

I will conveniently avoid the topic of petrochemicals although I do find ginnielizz's comments interesting. You will hear no scream of "No!" from me though especially if this product seems to agree with your skin and is not causing breakouts. Yet this product does seem to be unusually heavy on occlusive ingredients!

As for the sun protection, I think that it would be an acceptable everyday sunscreen as long as you don't spend too much time in the sun. I would personally prefer to see a higher percentage of zinc oxide but then again I use RetinA and do spend some time outdoors on most days. Overall, it seems to be a fairly good sunscreen and if you like it so much that you don't mind putting it on every morning that is an added bonus!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have to ask a really really stupid question, how do you tell it's a chemical or physical sunscreen by looking at the ingredient list?
I am switching between clinique city block (which i was told is physical) and Cellex-C SPF 30, is cellex-c chemical? I prefer the texture of Clinique better.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
h.kitty, thank you for those two links! They definitely help clarify. And I think you probably have a better chem background than me, as I managed to squeak through both high school and college without a single chemistry class ever - I've only taken biology and physics. So this definitely helps build my "corpus" of self-taught knowledge. Smile

Gracedhy, the only two physical sunscreen ingredients are titanium dioxide and zinc oxide - whether or not they also say "nanosized" or "micronized" is irrelevant - these TWO ingredients are physical, and any other active sunscreen ingredient is chemical. The only possible exception to this is, I think, that powdered silver sunscreen that they do for super-photosensitive people, but that's prescription only I believe, and I don't think it's very commonly used. Hope this helps clarify for you!

h.kitty
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy- Your question is not stupid at all. ginnielizz's advice on physical sunscreen is good to remember. Is the Cellex-C that you are planning on switching to the same one that iaimei mentioned above? If so that is both chemical and physical. I am not familiar with the Clinique City Block to say if that one is physcial only or physical/chemical.

ginnielizz-They say that one of the keys to keeping the mind young and agile is to never stop learning new things. I think that if in the process of learning these new things we also gain knowledge that can help us understand important things like sunscreens that is all the better. Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:52 am      Reply with quote
About City Block, I am not sure but I believe they reformulated so that it contains both physical and chemical block. Let's see if they list ingredients online... hm, they don't, but they have multiple versions so I'd need to know which one you mean anyway. But one of them says SPF40, and I don't think it could possibly be only physical with that high of an SPF. If you can post an ingredients list, we'll let you know the scoop. Smile

And I totally agree about lifelong learning, h.kitty - sometimes I think I would love to have trained to become a dermatologist, but I don't want to deal with the career path that would require, so this is my way of indulging that passion without having to get into, pay for, and graduate from medical school. Smile

iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="ginnielizz"]About City Block, I am not sure but I believe they reformulated so that it contains both physical and chemical block. Let's see if they list ingredients online... hm, they don't, but they have multiple versions so I'd need to know which one you mean anyway. But one of them says SPF40, and I don't think it could possibly be only physical with that high of an SPF. If you can post an ingredients list, we'll let you know the scoop. Smile

[/quote]

The CityBlock spf 25 contains octinoxate (7.5%) and octisalate (2%), in addition to zinc oxide (8.8%), titanium dioxide (6.6%). Its both physical and chemical.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
About City Block, I am not sure but I believe they reformulated so that it contains both physical and chemical block. Let's see if they list ingredients online... hm, they don't, but they have multiple versions so I'd need to know which one you mean anyway. But one of them says SPF40, and I don't think it could possibly be only physical with that high of an SPF. If you can post an ingredients list, we'll let you know the scoop. Smile

The CityBlock spf 25 contains octinoxate (7.5%) and octisalate (2%), in addition to zinc oxide (8.8%), titanium dioxide (6.6%). Its both physical and chemical.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
Right she is, there ya go! Smile

gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you all for anwering my questions. Then I guess both Clinque and Cellex-c are physical& chemical.
Is it hard to find a pure physical sunscreen?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

Is it hard to find a pure physical sunscreen?

Yes it is hard. There are two brands that I know of - Mychelle, and UV natural, are pure physical. You can do a search under Mychelle that I believe that Ginnielizz has done a detailed review.

None of them are available through mass distribution. I wish there are more easily accessible than having to order online and deal with custom and shipping stuff. (sigh)
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:46 pm      Reply with quote
I believed that the Remergent SPF30 was pure physical.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Juice Beauty's is purely physical, as is Juice Organics'. Devita's is purely physical and has a fabulous non-occlusive texture, IMO. All of Dr. Hauschka and Lavera sunscreens are purely physical, and some health food store brands like Jason, Aubrey, etc. do chemical-free versions, though it's not every version so you do have to read labels. Generally, sunscreens labeled "chemical-free" or "sensitive skin" do not use chemical sunscreen ingredients (though of course you do have to read the labels to make sure). Hope this helps!

System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |