Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Best (affordable) overnight hand cream or DIY hand cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
caitlinn

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hey guys, Im only 25 and the skin on my hands is already looking papery thin. I have heard of "remedies" for overnight hand care, but I have no idea what they might be! Thanks!
HannaLee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
On days I take baths I let my skin soak, clean up my cuticles and slather on some cream and sleep with my hands in a pair of socks or gloves.
Lately I've been using Burt's Bees Cuticle Cream. It's more of a balm, but it's lemony and works really well on my super dry cuticles (even in the summer, I have dry scales down to the joint Embarassed )
For nights I usually use a more greasy one like Glysomed. During the day I prefer something lighter, that sinks in without being greasy. I've been using the hand cream that Vichy makes (cream cap, sorry I can't remember the exact name). It has a bit of a musky smell, but it quickly makes my hands soft without being all greasy.
schang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I second HannaLee's suggestion about slathering on a rich cream and sleeping with cotton gloves. You might try a cream with shea butter. Also, wear rubber gloves whenever you wash dishes and gardening gloves if you work in the garden, very important for protecting your hands!
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Try Boots Botanics overnight hand & nail treatment! Smile
I think it's brilliant. Also it's inexpensive!
Give it a go! hehe

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, whatever handcream you choose, cotton gloves are a must. They really seem to help to intensify the treatment.

Overnight, I swear by Kiehl's Intensive Treatment for Callused Areas, which is very rich indeed. Then, during the day I use Candessence Encore Handcream, which doesn't leave greasy traces.
florli
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
I love H2O's Smothing Hand Therapy Treatment. Apply a generous amount on hands and nails, then put golves on overnight. I always get younger looking hands the next morning.
Jira
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
Try Shea Butter Wink use this in the evening on your hands and nails just before bed.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Right before bed I rub a few drops of Skin Biology's Copper peptide serum into the back of each hand and then moisturize them with Jojoba oil. I have noticed I definite improvement in the texture and my skin seems to be retaining moisture so much better now.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
fairlady wrote:
Right before bed I rub a few drops of Skin Biology's Copper peptide serum into the back of each hand and then moisturize them with Jojoba oil. I have noticed I definite improvement in the texture and my skin seems to be retaining moisture so much better now.

Fairlady, that's a great idea. Very Happy I'm going to try that tonight although I don't have Jojoba oil but I do have Emu oil. In a couple of very short months, it'll be winter here in Colorado and my hands suffer so much.

Early 50s, blonde hair (natural) with red streaks (mid-life crisis), blue eyes, fair skin, small pores, very dry skin, some pigmentation (thanks to growing up in Miami), starting to see fine lines. Love my NuFace and Quasar SP and the CPs and Retin A are working as well.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
my DIY version will be shea butter cream plus a dash of SKB (sea kelp biofement)... it feels really smooth!
mooon
5% products discount

Tue Aug 28, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I like Crabtree & Evelyn hand cream. I always use Hand Recovery (either Gardeners or Rosewater) like once a week, which scrub the dead cell of the hands! It is not harsh to the skin with oily ingredient. Then I always put on Hand Therapy after I wash my hands, more than 5 times a day! It is also important to put on glove to sleep, which will make the hands soft and moisturized.
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Michael brought this in for his hands the other night and put it by the kitchen sink. I have used it ever since. My word, it is lovely, soothing and makes your hands feel very protected.

Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion Aloe Heals Dry Problem Skin Vitamins A, c, & E

Penetrates fast, non greasy, fresh clean scent. 7 intensive moisturizers, It says it is ideal for hands cuticles feet elbows, knee
Problem patches on legs. back and body.

Dermatalogical testing/hypoallrgenic
Gentle enough to use on your face.
Moisturizes for 24 hours.

This pump bottle pumps out a thick cream that melts easily into your hands as you rub them together. They feel hydradted and soft. Right away you can see and feel the difference. I have even used this on my legs, arms, elbows, knees and feet with much success. This man purchased product is a keeper for me. Feels very great and it is inexpensive. I will try to do a pic of one hand with and one hand without and post it here....amazing really.

Deb

Deb
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I second the Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Skin Therapy Lotion. I love this stuff. It's a very rich lotion and has a very light scent.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:30 am      Reply with quote
Nivea Restorative Night hand cream is great; it has a relaxing, evening primrose scent. Lately, though, I've just been slathering on Palmers Cocobutter balm before I go to bed.

I agree cotton gloves at night are also a great idea. Be careful not to spend too much in the spa section of a store, though. They have really cheap ones in the pharmacy section.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |